Harry Potter

Mourning the Dead (Sirius pg 2)

twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi Potterheads,

As you know, throughout the 7 books in the Harry Potter Series, there have been several deaths of characters we love... Sirius, Fred, Tonks, Lupin, Snape, Dumbledore and several more...

I am posing my thoughts about these characters and their bravery on this thread and I hope that you will too! 😊

Cedric Diggory:

Cedric Diggory can be considered as brave as Harry Potter himself. 

This boy was first mentioned in the third book in a Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, the one where Harry fell off his broom because of the Dementors. Diggory was the opposing seeker and had caught the snitch just before Harry fell. Their team won fair and square but Diggory on noticing Harry falling had called for a rematch. He was an honest person. Honesty was the quality which Helga Hufflepuff valued in her students. If it had been Draco Malfoy or Cho Chang in his place, they would have simply taken the snitch and accepted their victory. 

In the fourth book is his part taken in note. While most of the hufflepuffs are angry at Harry for entering the triwizard tournament as a hogwarts champion along with Cedric, something that would result in Gryffindor rising to glory (which the hufflepuffs thought happened all the time) and Cedric being over shadowed for his performance representing Hufflepuff. However,he started a friendship with Harry for which Harry was grateful. They both help each other in the first two tasks and save each other's lives in the last task, during which Cedric is unfortunately murdered by Peter Pettigrew. 

Cedric was not supposed to be there, only Harry's presence was required. He was killed because of winning the tournament. It was like the death of an innocent bystander. His death was a great loss to the wizarding world.

Sirius is next! 😊

twila
Edited by twila - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-GredForge- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
very nicely written! i loved cedric, his honesty and the way he helped harry during the tasks ! a lot of deaths i felt was unnecessary in the books and cedric was one of them! ofcourse sirius and fred's death was also not needed...
looking forward to read about sirius:)
mehr05 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
👏 👏
very well written Twila!
Cedric was a nice guy. loved him in the 4th book. he was fair and easy with Harry. courageous and brave and valiant too.

a death as unexpected it was, it was so painful to get into Amos Diggory shoes to lose a son like Cedric. he had a promising future and always made his dad proud, till the end.
he really embodied Hufflepuff's essence-bravery, honesty,fair playness and kindness!
a true Hogwart's champion. 👏 👏

waiting for your take on Sirius 😊
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I loved Cedric. To be honest, his death seemed so sudden...so unnecessary... but then, that is life, isn't it?
No matter how good you are, how honest...you can never tell.
featherheart thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
awsm topic
really awsm..
cedric was very honest and great person...
his deat
twila thumbnail
Thanks for the appreciation! I'll try and write Sirius' piece really soon!
featherheart thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: twila

Thanks for the appreciation! I'll try and write Sirius' piece really soon!

i will be waiting
great wrk dear

twila thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: featherheart

i will be waiting
great wrk dear

Please do! 😃
-Spriha- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Really nice topic.!
Cedric was such a great character...a true Hufflepuff...so friendly and honest.
Loved his character...it was really sad when he was murdered...!!😭
twila thumbnail
Sirius Black:

Sirius Black, Harry's godfather also a great father figure to Harry was a great man. He was the closest Harry could get to his own father. Sirius left his house and lived with his best friend during the holidays. At 17 he got his own place. This showed us an independent character. He got rid of his family who were not very nice wizards. Unlike them, he did not have the wrong idea of "pure-blooded wizards". His loss was very unfortunate.

He was murdered by his own heartless cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange. He died with a smile on his face so I can guess he died happy.

I personally consider Sirius' death a blunder made by J.K Rowling. It was unfortunate and unnecessary. I will always remember him.