Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moodie-Munchkin thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
HeyyyOOO Lukkk WhoOO is back YoOO!!!! So HappyOOO!!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ First off AllOOO...I luv the CS!!! I lykd Kangana frm the begining but After QueenOOO!! I simply loveee herr!! ❀️❀️ And Its AwsumOOO the wayOOO u have Instilled Shaleen Into ACP Rawte!!! Superrbb..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ Reading Biographies nd Watching Action Movies is sooo lykkk Our Shaleen!! And the best part..He didnt have many serious affairs..not to get him in long tym CommitmentOOO!!!! The lady u described was indeed beautiful!! And der conversation was Heartouching!!! What The? Rajneesh is dead?? 😲😲 But who the heck poisoned himOOO?? Nasik is one beautiful place..I have heard abt it frm my dad..Who was posted der once when he was In The Navy..😊 And I soo love Alisha..A Kickass bubbly gurl!! πŸ‘πŸΌ U have chosen Kritika Kamra nd she is PerfectOOO!! Thanxx fr pm Didu nd Do Continuee SoonOOO!!!! 😊❀️❀️
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This indeed is my jumping jumping jumping japang moments!!! Haye you're back and that was all that's needed. Life had been so insipid with QH coming to an end...but thank heavens you're back to entertain us! Firstly I loved the characterizations!! You've merged Shaleena and Arjun and that's no less than a treat. And I love Kritika Kamra! I love the entire setting and it was so...so warm!

Next the gallery meeting...well. It was vivid and on a loop. I could honestly see our super cop smitten by you know what! So Rajneesh is dead now the quiet weekend is to turn into an investigative trial. No worries if this turns out be a sweeter thing than planned! I'm looking forward to the next installment and sorry for a short comment...I've got a limited data pack! I so wish to bomb these Airtel people!!

P.S. Shouldn't it be thalidomide acid crystal?? That's drug that causes death in overdose cases!! Just saying that is!

P.P.S. I promise next comment will be a long drawn out one!
Beautifulfairy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
lovely concept and update...
cont soon...
plz pm me...
laila1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Arjun's seniors made him take a leave by threatening him to do the paper workπŸ˜†
You have written Arjun's character Brilliantly. A deligent police-officer with funny sense of humour and weird hubbiesπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

The girl in the Art gallery was Adhira. right??
Arjun was attracted to her😲
Poor guy, He is going to get the shock of his life πŸ˜†

Alisha is cute. Loved her short scene with Arjun.

PS. The Actors you chose for their respective characters are perfect. 
The pictures are telling their own stories πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by laila1994 - 10 years ago
-Carrie- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

For replies...😊

Edit:

Bhavana: Yup. As you would see in this update Arjun had met Aadhira in the gallery. Lovely bosses na? Forcing a holiday on employees! This man must have been a real pain in the neck for his colleagues. They could not wait to get rid of him. Even if for two weeks.
Thanks for liking it.

Anwesha: My faithful reader! So nice you liked this one too. I am really scared of Gulshan. Smooth looks that would not hesitate to drive a knife through a heart unblinkingly. Alok is cynic at peace with his fate. Saurabh was a perfect fit.
That meeting in the gallery is crucial. How it will come out in the open soon.

I don;t know who I love more:Arjun or Shaleen. I always wanted to know how Arjun was in his younger days before all this Sik-Rosh saga. I am sure he was just like Shaleen.
Thanks for the comments.

Aisha: True said. Writing is really an addiction. Only need someone to type it all out.
I pray for someone to take me on an extensive Maharashtra Darshan tour. I badly want to travel to these places. As a backpacker if possible!
Glad u liked the cast. Hopefully the story turns out good too.

Shreya: Kaafi baar phool ke phat chuki hoon aur tum taareef bandh karne ka naam nai leti. But as our hero says,"Keep the love coming!" Thanks Shreya.

Helna: Yeah! This is a tough one. This has to be done with absolutely no loophole since its a murder mystery. But I am trying. Hope you like the next one too. Thanks for the lovely comments.
p.s: Badly waiting for Farishtey.

Nikita: Thanks dear.

Riya: Ah! Another Gulshan pankhi I see

Shanaya: I too have fallen in love with Kangana after watching Queen. I am glad I got just an idea that I could use her. Shaleen has said many times. 95% of Arjun is him.

Rajneesh abhi toh gaya but flashback me aata rahega.

I too have heard a lot about Nasik.Want to visit there some day.

Thanks for the comments. As always very hilarious.

Shivani: It is a murder mystery but that's just a frame within which a very tragic & painful story will unfold. Fulll of emotions & grief. But I should not let the cat into the cream just yet. Soon but.
I like Kritika but have not seen her work yet. But she is very pretty.

Hmm... I did not want to use any real poison names here. Its better that such poison dont exist in real life.

Waiting for ArZu. Badly!

Lipi: Thanks for reading. Will surely PM you the next part!
Edited by -Carrie- - 10 years ago
-Carrie- thumbnail

Twenty minutes later Arjun dressed in a crisp blue grey shirt and pressed blue jeans opened his door and stepped out. Alisha was standing outside leaning against her car door and reading the day's newspaper munching on a chocolate bar. Arjun glanced at his watch. The girl keeps good time, he thought approvingly.

Hearing him Alisha looked up folding away the news paper. She wrapped up the remaining piece of chocolate and stuffed it in her jeans pocket.

He is more smoking hot than the newspapers do him justice she thought scanning him appreciatively. Good thinking that I thought to wear shades today she chuckled quietly. All the better to see him with she smiled.

Her heart went thud when he too whipped out his Aviators and slipped them on.

She stood erect as he neared her.

"Ready?" she asked him politely.

He nodded curtly and strode off towards the passenger door. She slid into the driver's seat and after he had settled in and buckled up started the car and drove out of the cottage driveway.

"I'll take you to the morgue first,Sir! We'll get more details about the cause of death," Alisha told him.

He nodded.

"Tell me about this...Rajneesh Sikand."

Alisha had done her homework well. She gave Arjun a detailed background of the dead man.

"Rajneesh Sikand. Aged about 33 years. His family owns a lot of land around here. He is married to Aadhira Sikand nee Mansingh for about two years. She belongs to another rich landowning family. Sir, incidentally this was the second marriage for both of them. Rajneesh' wife left him and moved away to South Africa. And Aadhira was widowed some years ago. Her husband had died when he went on a hunting party with a few friends inside Kasara Ghat forests."

Alisha felt silent after this.

The tragedy that had befallen the unfortunate young woman was not lost on both of them.Within  a span of a few years she had lost two husbands.

Arjun sighed.

"Any known trouble with the man, any enemies?"

"I could not find anything in our police records that could tell us more about it. The family would know better. After visiting here we will be going to meet them."

They had arrived at the morgue. Alisha led the way to the viewing room. The medical examiner was waiting for them.

The body of Rajneesh Sikand lay on the autopsy table. The Y incision made was clearly visible. He was covered up to his chin and at first look it seemed he was sleeping.

"As I had said in my preliminary report late last night the man had heavy dosage of the chemical Thalamide Acid in his blood.That was the cause of death. I analysed the glass he was drinking from. There were no traces of the acid in that. He must have consumed it in some other way."

"How long after the drug was ingested would a person die?" Arjun asked.

"I'd say about 15 minutes maximum. Its a powerful drug. "

Arjun became thoughtful. He was sure the man had been there the entire time he had been having his dinner.

"Alisha, check with the bartender at what time did he come into the bar and what exactly did he eat and drink at the counter."

"Yes,Sir"

"Any other injury marks on his body?' he turned to the doctor.

"No. I did not find anything. But one thing. The man seemed to have been a heavy alcoholic. Liver shows signs of it. Also he may have been occasionally using recreation drugs. Like heroin.There are faint needle marks on his inner arm. But I would not say he was an addict.At least not yet"

Arjun became alert.

"Could the acid have been administered through a needle then?"

"Sir, do you mean to say someone might have poked him while he was sitting inside a crowded bar?" Alisha was skeptical.

"Stranger things have known to happen, Inspector," Arjun informed her quietly.

"To answer your question , it could be administered through a needle. But it must have been very close to the time of death then. As the inspector says its very unlikely to have been done at the bar."

"I'll send over the detailed toxicology report in a day or two,"

"Thank you,Doctor."

Nodding both Alisha & Arjun left the viewing room.

"That's strange." Alisha was piqued.

"What's strange?" Arjun asked her.

"This is a very small town. And this man was really a big name. Yet there wasn't a whisper about his alcohol or drug addiction,"

Alisha & Arjun walked towards their car.

"It's always the big names that neatly cover up such things,Inspector Alisha," Arjun told her.

Both drove off towards the dead man's home.

-Carrie- thumbnail

Alisha stopped in front of the massive gates and rolled down her window.

The security guard bent his head to inquire about their business. She flashed her Police Id and he instantly opened the gates.

She turned into the driveway of the huge palatial home that housed the Sikand family.

Arjun descended from the car and stood looking up at the beautiful house.

"Impressive,huh?" Alisha had parked her vehicle and come to stand beside him.

"Hope the people too are impressive as the house,"  Arjun said wryly.

Alisha knew what he meant and snickered.

Both climbed the steps into the huge hall.

There was a hushed silence in the room which was to be expected. The head of the house had been murdered after all. 

Arjun and Alisha ran their keen eye over the sight in front of them.

Five people occupied the room and four of them were sombrely sitting in the lavish room.

A man in a wheel chair was slumped by a side and his helper stood behind him.His eyes were hollow and vacant. Beside him sat a very well dressed woman of middle age. Her haughtiness could be smelt a mile away. The fact that someone was dead in the family didn't seem to have made much of a dent for her. She was dressed to the hilt in an expensive saree and her make up was like one fit for a wedding. She regarded the newcomers with suspicion and distaste.

An older woman sat comforting another younger woman.

Arjun's breath caught in her throat when he spotted the chief mourner of the house.

It was the woman from the Art Gallery. She was still in the same dress from last night. Which meant she had been sitting up all night grieving. How was she related to Rajneesh Sikand?

Alisha did not waste any time and cleared his doubts soon enough.

"That is Aadhira Sikand. The dead man's wife," she whispered into Arjun's ear.

He stared at the forlorn figure sitting with downcast eyes. The connection he had felt that night crackled to life again. Sensing his presence she looked up and sought his eyes straight away. There was such sadness in them his heart melted. He gazed back across the room at them and a lot was said in that moment of bonding.Just like that little girl in the picture at the gallery had finally spotted her loved one who had come for her. Her eyes shone with unshed tears as she sought comfort from the dark stranger who stood looking steadily at her. Her face began flushing with colour as she tried to compose herself.

Alisha too caught on to the instant captivation between these two people whom she was certain were complete strangers. She looked at both with surprise.

Arjun broke away the eye contact first and looked away.

Alisha took charge. Flipping her identity card open she introduced herself,

" I am Inspector D'Mello from the Igatpuri Police. This is ACP Rawte. We are to inquire about the death of Mr Sikand," she finished quietly.

Composing his thoughts Arjun addressed himself to Aadhira.

"I know this is a terrible time but I need to ask you a few questions, Mrs Sikand. I would appreciate it if you would spare a few minutes," he said unable to help a slight softness creeping into his businesslike voice.

"What kind of people are you? Aadhira is no position to chit chat with the police at this time. Please leave,"

Both officers turned to the haughty voice. It was the well dressed woman. Her conceit was grating and both took immediate dislike towards her.

"Madam, this is a murder investigation. We need to find out who did this as do you I hope.You don't get to call the shots here.Clear?" Alisha used her most icy voice to put the woman in her place. The woman bristled and turned on Alisha,

"How dare you use that tone on me? Do you know who you are talking to? You two bit..."

"We don't know who we are talking to and we are not interested in knowing. So please. Do not interfere," Arjun  shot her down.

"I..." she sputtered.

The wheel chair bound man who up until then had remained motionless , came alive suddenly chuckled. He eyed his wife mockingly.

"Pity, your fear has still not reached up to the gates of the police station, Ramona. I expected the lady here to shiver and melt at your hiss, but..." he grinned and looked admiringly at Alisha.

"Alok, watch your..." Ramona began in a poisonous voice.

"Bua...I am  fine. They are just doing their duty," Aadhira intervened and put a stop to the verbal spat.

She looked at Arjun and he walked towards her.

She slowly rose from the couch and led them into another sitting room.

Alisha followed Arjun inside studying the widow intently.

Aadhira pointed to the sofa and sat down herself. Though her soul seemed crushed there were no tears in her eyes.

She regarded them waiting for their questions.

By tacit decision Arjun took lead here.

"Mrs Sikand, I am sorry for your loss,"

She looked away.

"This is hard time but we need something to get our investigation going." She nodded.

A: "Did Mr Sikand have any enemies? Anyone who wanted to cause him harm?"

AS: "I wouldn't know.  He had a few business rivals. But I don't think they would do something like this.And if there was some personal enmity with anyone I don't know."

A: "Any problems in business?"

AS:" Business was fine to my knowledge. Details the managers would know better,"

Arjun looked around the room. There was a feel of intimacy around here unlike the formal hall outside. He noticed a small grouping of pictures arranged on a couple of side tables.

"Who are the people outside?" he asked her.

" The lady who ...err..spoke to you is my aunt, Ramona , Ramona Jaiswal, my father's sister. That was her husband near her. He overdosed on his heart medicine and has been paralysed since.

Both of them stay with me and Rajneesh here," she then looked up and caught her gaffe.

Arjun & Alisha looked away with sympathy.

"The lady who was sitting next to me is my old nanny. She heard about Rajneesh and came to comfort me. She left our service years ago. Only visiting now,"

Aadhira sighed.

"Mrs Sikand, anything you can tell us that would throw light on what happened to your husband?" Arjun continued.

She shook her head and didn't say anything.

"I am sorry but I have to ask this. Were both of you happy in your marriage? Any trouble?" he asked tentatively.

She looked up seared.

" It was our second marriage. For both of us. We had found a second chance at life. We were happy," she replied coldly.

"The medical reports say your husband drank too much. Was he an alcoholic Mrs Sikand? Did he take drugs?"

She looked up her eyes pained and disappointed.

"Why would you ask me that? If he drank or took drugs it wasn't because he was unhappy with me," She was distressed now.

"Do you have children, Mrs Sikand?" It was Alisha now.

"No," Aadhira said quickly.

"Where were you last night between 7 and 9, Mrs Sikand?"

Aadhira looked straight at Arjun and stared hard at him.

It was Arjun's turn to be uneasy. He was her alibi.

"I went to an art gallery for a preview show of their exhibition, The Bloombury ArtHouse on Wenter Road,"

There were a few moments of uncomfortable silence.

It was time to leave. Both stood up.

"Again I am sorry if my questions distressed you. But this is a murder investigation and we may have to call on you again," Arjun said in a soft voice.

Just like last night Aadhira had begun glancing over his shoulder and towards him. Again he could see deep understanding in them. As if she knew and sympathized with a painful secret he was holding.

Feeling weird he walked out with Alisha right behind him.

-Carrie- thumbnail

"You take the aunt, I'll speak to the gent"

Alisha moved towards Ramona whose saw her approaching with her nose twisted in disdain.

"Madam. You need to answer a few questions."

Alisha knew she wasn't going to be invited to sit so she plonked down on the sofa beside her and crossed her leg.

Ramona stared at the policewoman's brazenness but Alisha was in no mood to be cordial.

She began an all out interrogation of the increasingly bewildered and petulant woman.

Meanwhile at Arjun's instructions Alok Jaiswal was wheeled into another room where a thorough enquiry was conducted.

It was a lunch hour by the time Alisha & Arjun were done questioning the family members and staff of the house.

Leaving their numbers with them both took leave and strode out.

"By God! What a stuck up old goat! Her face is twisted like a glob of cow dung has permanently stuck under her nose!" she fumed.

Arjun knew she was pissed at Ramona Jaiswal. He shook his head slightly but had to agree that the woman was obnoxious.

Once Alisha was on the road Arjun asked her," Did you order Rajneesh's phone records and the financial statements?"

"Already done. Should be at the office now.

So, Sir? What do you think? Any leads from Alok Jaiswal?"

"Not much. But he did speak at length about Aadhira's past. A few things jumped at me," Arjun told her.

"Me too Sir. But let's get something to eat first. Then we'll go the office and brainstorm,"

She pulled into a Food Kiosk and parked.

Both got off and proceeded towards the food counters. Alisha headed towards a sandwich joint and ordered a chicken sub with lots of onion sauce.

She waited for her order and as she was paying for it Arjun came to stand beside her a plate of steaming red butter chicken and garlic rotis in his hands. She chuckled quietly and got her tray and both walked towards an empty table.

It had been busy morning and both dug into their food with gusto enjoying the hill station's finest cuisine.

A server brought a steaming mug of tea for Arjun. His penchant for the ubiquitous ginger tea was well known. Even Alisha knew about it.

It was sheer luck. The policeman was a legend among police ranks and it was once in a life time chance to work this close with him. Alisha's joy knew no bounds but she wisely kept her enthusiasm in check. He was a no nonsense officer and would have zero tolerance for her fan girling over him. She wanted him to have a lasting impeccable image of her. She was on her toes.

Arjun too was discreetly studying the girl in front of him. He was impressed by her method of dealing with the family such as they were. He had also noticed her keen observing strait. She knew when to keep quiet and let the information come her way on its own and when to go in for the kill and pry it out. She was intelligent and a go getter. Good girl, he thought.

"So what brings you here in the hillies,Sir?"

" I work too hard according to my seniors. They dumped this paid vacation on me." He replied nonchalantly.

"Ah! I wish someone would threaten me too with a holiday," she whined.

Both smiled.

They put off the case discussions until after lunch. The case was high profile and they were in a crowded eatery.

Soon they drove off and reached the police station house. It was a single storey brick building which looked like staff quarter from afar. Arjun knew the lay out. It would not have had more than two rooms within it.

Just as Alisha was getting out Arjun stopped her.

"Alisha, I have a request. Feel free to shoot it down should you find it inappropriate," he said.

She was taken aback.

"Yes, Sir?"

"If you don't mind could we work out of my cottage? I don't think we'd have enough space here. Or we could go to Nasik head quarters but I am not upto the daily commute,"

She looked at him.

He smiled.

"Hope you are not afraid of being alone with me," he teased.

"I know I'll be at the safest place in this world with you around, Rawte Sir. I'll go get my laptop and the records from the office." She smiled at him and walked into her office.

He smiled a little and watched her go.

"You first. Tell me about Ramona,"

They had set up their temporary work place in the cottage's spacious dining room. The house had a broadband connection which helped Alisha access all the databases required for the probe into the killing.

Alisha sat on a chair and had spread all her files around in front of her. Arjun paced about in the room. He had changed into a chocolate brown track suit and looked years younger than 36.

"Sir, Ramona is Aadhira's father's sister. She lives with her husband Alok with the SIkand family for years now. Strangely I got a feeling that she cared a damn about Rajneesh or Aadhira.There wasn't a shred of sadness at a death in the family. The woman is as cold as ice," Alisha sniffed with distaste.

"If I had to bet I am sure she gives damn about her husband too," Arjun informed her quietly.

"The interview with Alok threw some really interesting avenues. He says the mansion actually belongs to Aadhira's family. Rajneesh, Alok & his wife were actually living off her income. Rajneesh has lost his whole fortune in bad investments and gambling. Seems he had a bevy of women to take care of too,"

Alisha noted a tinge of anger in Arjun's voice at the last discovery. She looked speculatively at her boss.

She gave her inputs. "The servants say that Ramona & Rajneesh did not get along well. He called her a free loader and she always taunted back saying he was no better.She has also caused losses in businesses which Rajneesh had been very upset about."

"Even Alok had an axe to grind with Rajneesh. He refused to pay for Alok's expensive medical treatment abroad. Due to which he is still wheel chair bound. Alok was very bitter about it." Arjun added his bit.

"But he spoke very fondly of Aadhira. It seems she was the only one who genuinely kind to him," Again the note of softness. Dear God, is he falling for her? Alisha wondered.

"The family is as dysfunctional as they come," Alisha shook her head.

"Even the servants were very unhappy with their master. He was rude and frequently insulted them over trivial matters. There were some physical skirmishes too."

Both their eyes met and there was no need to say it aloud. It was entirely possible that there would be no need to look for Rajneesh's killer outside the family. There were enough suspects in the house itself.

"But what astounds me is that none of them, absolutely no one mentioned the one absent member of the family," Arjun's voice was forceful.

Alisha looked up confusedly,"Another member? Who?"

"The daughter of the family, a little girl of about 7 or 8."

Alisha's jaw dropped. "They have a daughter? But when..."

"Exactly. When you asked Aadhira about children she rushed to reply that she didn't have any. Interestingly even Alok's reaction was the same. He said the Sikand's have no children. But in the room we interviewed Aadhira there were many pictures of her with her husband and a little girl.Who is she?"

Alisha thought hard. What she knew about the family there was never any mention of a child.

Arjun cast his mind back to the evening he met Aadhira. That picture she was so desolately gazing at. It was of a girl of the same features and age as the girl in the photographs he had seen that afternoon.

"Kuch toh choot raha hai!" he muttered his eyes staring hard at the growing darkness outside.

-Carrie- thumbnail

Thank you every one for the lovely replies & comment for the storyπŸ˜ƒ

Please give me some time to reply to them.

Meanwhile enjoy the next installment & do let me know of what you thought of this one😳

Love ya lotttss!

Zuby