Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shreya09 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

very very very nice update Zuby πŸ‘πŸΌ.
perfect plot, perfect case.
i am loving it πŸ‘πŸΌ 

Arjun !!!!! the way you are describing him in this story... i am falling for him even more  him in crisp blue grey shirt & jeans, his aviator, then in brown track suit...  i am still blushing β˜ΊοΈ 

Alisha... the smart girl πŸ‘πŸΌ ...can understand her fan girling πŸ˜†... but she knows to keep her emotions in control (unlike me !!!). the way she dealt with Ramona... I love her πŸ‘ 

Aadhira... the mystery woman...   
"Again he could see deep understanding in them. As if she knew and sympathized with a painful secret he was holding." kuch to zurur chhut raha hai !!!!

excellent  writing πŸ‘
Superb πŸ‘πŸΌ

laila1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
unres
Arjun is feeling something for AdhiraπŸ˜†

Ramona is so mannerless. 
Alisha handled her brilliantly.

This family is so weird🀒
Rajneesh Sikand was addicted.

Where is Adhira's daughter?????

You have written every character with care.
And the real case is covered & hidden perfectly.
At this point, I am not able to guess the killer.

Edited by laila1994 - 10 years ago
kunchu thumbnail
very very interesting yaar
the way in which the case and people are detailed is very good
I was also thinking where is the kid.
waiting more for the case
nwshbsws thumbnail
Sorry, was terribly sick, hence the late comments. The story is brilliant, has to be, since you are the writer. It has all the ingredients for a murder/ thriller story. I am a big fan of this genre( read Agatha Christie, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Feluda, Byomkesh Bakshi ) and hence my addiction to Arjun. I just love how you spread out the character threads bit by bit, giving an image into the various characters- the conceited aunt, bitter uncle, beautiful Adhira and the absent daughter. Beautiful piece of writting.

The way you describe Arjun has me fangirling all over again. Wish the show had still been on air and SP had promoted it better and not just stopped its telecasts to air award shows or movie premeires.

Thanks for the pm.

Love,
Anwesha
Edited by nwshbsws - 10 years ago
_Tabassum_ thumbnail
Awwssmmm part
Loved it
Supperbbb...
Cont sooon
Thanks for PM
-Carrie- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Edited my replies on Page 3

Thank you!😊
-Carrie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: laila1994

Arjun's seniors made him take a leave by threatening him to do the paper workπŸ˜†

No one wants him around too long!πŸ˜† Nah! I think they must love him a lot!

You have written Arjun's character Brilliantly. A deligent police-officer with funny sense of humour and weird hubbiesπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thanks! I wanted to see this in the show so much!

The girl in the Art gallery was Adhira. right??
Arjun was attracted to her😲
Poor guy, He is going to get the shock of his life πŸ˜†

A very big shock!πŸ˜†

Alisha is cute. Loved her short scene with Arjun.

PS. The Actors you chose for their respective characters are perfect. 
The pictures are telling their own stories πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thanks! That was my intention too. Their looks should tell half the story. Thanks for your comments! Would love if you could edit the next soon too! πŸ˜³

Moodie-Munchkin thumbnail
Diduuu!!!!! Jaan lene ka irada hai kya??? The way ur describing Arjun...Ya Allah!!! Crisp Grey Shirt nd blue denims! Aviators nd chocolate brown Tracksuit!! Ufff...*falls wid a thud!* koi paani lao yaar!!! ❀️❀️ And I loveee Alisha!!!!! This gurl is kickass!! A dynamic police officer nd a true fangurl!! But knows to keep her feelings in control!!! Unlike Me...πŸ˜†πŸ˜† πŸ˜› Hmm..The Sikand family seems so mysterious nd sply Aadhira! But loveee how Alisha tackled Ramona..πŸ‘πŸ‘ The Arjun-Alisha scenes wer cuteee! Be it near the SUV or in the eatery!! Oye Hoye..Rawte eating Butter Chicken nd Naan!!! Yummmyy! Loved how he teased her..Ahaaannn..Rawte! πŸ˜‰ Its getting intrestingg! Thanxx fr pm..Continuee Soonz!
-Carrie- thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Heylo! Sorry I am late. Here is the next update. Hope you like it!

**************************************************************

Alisha pored over the records which had come in through mail. But she was distracted by the smell of melting cheese and  sauting vegetables. She smiled. She could hear Arjun potter about in the tiny kitchenette of the cottage preparing a light meal for both of them. Soon he stepped out with two plates of grilled cheese sandwiches. Sniffing appreciatively Alisha pushed aside the files in front of her to make room for them. He went back for the cups of hot cocoa.

As he re entered the dining room he was amused to see Alisha biting into the warm bread enthusiastically. She smiled sheepishly at him.

"Its awesome!" She said as he settled on the opposite chair. He nodded with a slight smile and dug into in his own.

Sipping a bit of cocoa he regarded her thoughtfully.

AR : So Alisha! Ghar me kaun kaun hai?

AD: My mother. And about other thirty people. All girls of my age.

Arjun raised his eyebrows.

AD: I am an orphan, Sir. Someone placed me at the doors of the Church Of The Holy Mother when I was three days old. Don't know who she was. I don't know who I am.

She smiled. It was a sad smile. Arjun stayed silent but could not help feeling her sadness.

AR: The Sister who took me in was Agnes D Mello. She gave me my name, Alisha D Mello raised me as her own child along with a bunch of other kids. I studied in the Church school. I had to leave it when I went for higher studies & later the Police Academy but went back to live in its hostel when I was posted here. Could not stay away from my "family".

She laughed softly and continued munching on the sandwich.

Arjun stared at her for a while and picked up his own.

He was touched by her liveliness despite having a sad past. He was even more thankful that she did not take this as an opportunity to dig in to his own past. He had only asked about her family in passing to keep it informal. He was always wary of asking people about their life. Lest they should turn around and ask him about his own.

Refreshed after the simple but fortifying meal Alisha & Arjun settled down for the long haul night scrounging through the mountain of paper work silently.

Both arrived at a startling revelation at just about the same time.

"Sir..."

"Alisha..."

Both looked up quickly.

"You first," Arjun ordered her.

"Sir, an interesting thing has come up. ...About Ramona," she said.

"That Rajneesh & Ramona were not really that much of enemies, right?" Alisha's eyes were rounded in surprise. "But go on..." he said

"You are right,Sir," Alisha continued excitedly. " I have their phone records here. Seems Rajneesh made more calls to Ramona than to Aadhira while he was away to work or on out of town trips. But how did you know? "

"Credit card & Bank statements. Both have randomly used their cards at the same hotels, restaurants and shops at the same days both here and elsewhere out of the city. Its clear they were together. From the itemized bills the feminine stuff bought is expected more on Ramona than Aadhira.  So Aadhira was not present on these excursions."

Both looked at each other meaningfully.

It was a clandestine affair. Rajneesh & Ramona were cheating on their partners with each other.

Alisha wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Isnt she an aunt by marriage to Rajneesh? Such filthy people!"

Arjun pursed his lips."And to mask their shenanigans they pretended to fight bitterly in front of their respective spouses. But I have a feeling Amol must have sniffed something,"

So what was it? An affair gone wrong? A jealous husband?

He stood up concentrating hard on the elusive piece of evidence that would take them to the killer of Rajneesh.

"I think we just hit upon a possible motive for the murder,"

"Dig deeper Alisha," Arjun said urgently. "I need an air tight case against the woman if she was behind the killing. She is powerful. If she gets an inkling of our suspicion she might slip the net."

Alisha nodded perked up at the new turn of events.

"What about Alok?" she asked.

"Might be him also but given his disability and the weak position the family I doubt! But who knows what skeleton he must be hiding " Arjun replied.

People are never what they seem, Arjun sighed. It was a lesson he had learnt the hard way.

Soon he was in for another surprising but not so surprising nugget of information. This time it was in Aadhira's financial statements.

Up until six months ago the major expenses that showed up were for purchases for a child. A girl child. Clothes, toys and books. There was also a payment for swimming classes at a high end hotel .

Arjun stared at the paper. There it was again. Signs of presence of a child in the Sickands' lives.

What happened to her?

It was clear it was Aadhira who took care of the child since Rajneesh's statement did not show any such entries.

Did Aadhira had a child from her first marriage? he wondered.

He shared his thoughts with Alisha hoping it would niggle her mind as she was a local and would know about it.  But she was surprised herself.

"Not that I kept a watch on them all day but still I used to spot them occasionally around town now and then. Aadhira led somewhat of a bohemian life. She loved to visit arty sort of places and she would walk from one exhibition to another. I am pretty certain she never had a little girl with her. Same with Rajneesh. But Sir, why is it important?"

Arjun had  a far away look in his eyes. He was remembering Aadhira at the gallery that night staring longingly at the portrait of the girl.

Every instinct in him told him it was important.

He then noticed another payment entry  on the Bank statement.

It was for a Speech Language therapist based in Nasik.

He thought for some time.

"Alisha, I  want to have a chat with Alok . I will bet my last rupee that the man hates his wife. With the right pressure & nudging he might divulge something that might incriminate Ramona. I also want to speak to this therapist Aadhira has made payment to. I am sure that child is important."

"Yes, Sir!"

They were just deciding to call it a night when a raging thunderstorm broke out.

"Damn!" muttered Alisha. "This is one thing that is so horrible about these hilly places. You never know when you will be in for a shower," she said irritated.

"You can't drive down the mountain in this weather, Alisha," Arjun said.

"I am sorry to have put you in this situation. But if you don't mind would you tsay the night here?" he asked hesitantly.

Alisha blushed but composed herself.

"If its not  a problem for you Sir," she replied awkwardly.

"You could use my room. I'll crash here on the couch,"

Alisha blushed more deeply.

"Oh, No! I'd prefer the couch," she said.

Arjun turned to bring the extra duvet and pillow for her. Alisha began gathering up the papers to hide the awkwardness.

He placed the pillow & cover on the couch.

"Have a good night Alisha," he tried a little smile.

"Good night, Sir," she smiled back.

He walked into his room and closed the door firmly.

Alisha stood staring at the closed door for some time.

She was a sucker for heroes who kept their distance from damsels no matter how much the temptation. Her respect for Arjun was reaching alarming heights.

kunchu thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
so here u are
welcome back
The case moving in swiftly
Ramona and Rajneesh do sound very bad. Cheating on behind their spouses, even when they are related
Where is the kid?? very eager to know more
Alisha's past is sad. 
but the end was so sute