Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: -Wanderer-

'The Hindu?' I do read that newspaper. I find it very balanced and unbiased(personal opinion).😆 
Anyway, I hope what you're saying is right. I do not want it to become that way at all. However, parties have been known to bank on such things. I hope I'm wrong there.

'The Hindu' used to be very anti-government till Modi comes to the front. now they shower praise on government. 😆 I replaced it with Indian Express. they are more balanced in criticising and appreciating. But it's very very big newspaper in terms of editorial articles.
 BJP can't offend Muslims all the time. that was one main reason Vajpeyi ji became PM otherwise Advani was on forefront. but due to his hard core hindutivism he was not made PM. Modi is up in rank- sole reason he has done a very gud job in Gujrat when it comes to Governance, people are very frustrated with congress governance. if Governance wasn't there. Modi wud not have reached here. Many anti- modi turned into Pro-modi because of this sole reason.
balashiv15 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Oh I won't be offended if you support Modi.
I think he will end up as PM this time anyway. Many things are not crimes but they are still wrong. We do not need communal tension in India anymore but you're right in saying that its not just BJP who banks on votes from certain religions or even castes. Congress has created heavy reservations for so-called backward castes(many of who are perfectly well-off) for which general candidates are at a disadvantage when it comes to seats in colleges or job-opportunities.
I want AAP to come in as opposition now. 

Many Indians like me are suffering because of the reservation quota for backward castes because of Congress
They need 50s in entrance tests to enter colleges whereas the normal category needs to get 80%+ 
what kind of justice is this 
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

Oh I won't be offended if you support Modi.
I think he will end up as PM this time anyway. Many things are not crimes but they are still wrong. We do not need communal tension in India anymore but you're right in saying that its not just BJP who banks on votes from certain religions or even castes. Congress has created heavy reservations for so-called backward castes(many of who are perfectly well-off) for which general candidates are at a disadvantage when it comes to seats in colleges or job-opportunities.
I want AAP to come in as opposition now. 

Reservation se bachne ke AAP?? na. it is impossible. Reservation will increase only till SC intervenes. no party can dare to go against Reservation. too much vote bank is involved in this case.
-Wanderer- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: stewie_griffin

Well i would ask just one question what has ak49 done when he was in power? What question do you want to ask modi and when you talk about development we are talking of development when the govt at the center is not bjp. In case you want an example of what happens if you have no support from center see west bengal and its progress. Now if modi takes in money from ambani and adani whats wrong in that. Every model has a financier.
Sarcasm was because even after delhi fiasco you still believe in ak49.

I admit that even I was disappointed a bit when AK quit as PM.
However, look at the facts. BJP had the highest number of votes. They should have stepped in there. There was this huge pressure on AAP after the unexpected poll-result. They should not have stepped in in the first place. When they did, they were cornered with them not being the absolute majority in terms of votes and seats and the Congress obviously not giving their support. Then there was this intense scrutiny to see them falter.
Would you please elaborate a little bit on the issue in West Bengal and what you mean so I can reply to you properly?
@Bold: I have zero respect for Ambani. If he is lending support to a party then it will definitely not be in public interest but motivated by personal gain. He is the model of arrogance living in the antilla which is the most expensive residence in the world. That too in a city which houses one of the largest slums. If he were interested in public welfare he would have donated money to charity like Bill gates. I think AK is right about Ambani there.

As for AK banking on Muslim votes, its an assumption people are drawing automatically from the fact that he is challenging Modi.
-Wanderer- thumbnail
Originally posted by: mannu_minnie

Reservation se bachne ke AAP?? na. it is impossible. Reservation will increase only till SC intervenes. no party can dare to go against Reservation. too much vote bank is involved in this case.

I don't really know the stand of AAP about reservation so I can't comment.
I think in certain cases SC has been known to take decisions by external influence.
Will SC intervene? I really don't know. 
No party dares to speak on reservation because of the vote bank involved, you're right. It is a real menace if you've ever had first hand experience of this.
-Wanderer- thumbnail
Originally posted by: balashiv15

Many Indians like me are suffering because of the reservation quota for backward castes because of Congress
They need 50s in entrance tests to enter colleges whereas the normal category needs to get 80%+ 
what kind of justice is this 

I know!
Even me! 
While a general candidate does not get a medical seat, a candidate with reservation having the same mark more or less gets one of the top colleges. Its horrible and you feel so helpless.
My cousin brother studies in engineering college. There apart from reservation during admissions, even for getting jobs there is reservation(after getting same opportunity!) Then there is reservation for promotion. It is so hopeless!
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
I don't really know the stand of AAP about reservation so I can't comment.
I think in certain cases SC has been known to take decisions by external influence.
Will SC intervene? I really don't know. 
No party dares to speak on reservation because of the vote bank involved, you're right. It is a real menace if you've ever had first hand experience of this.

SC did put 50% limit on reservation on central level. otherwise i m sure they wud have increased the reservation more and more. and all the govt. can do is increase the no of castes in the reserved list. Creamy layer issued also SC intervened. i don't have big problem with reservation per se. but i do have problem when some richi rich kid get reservation due to all caste issue which is irrelevant in this case. they shud not be given reservation. they do not deserve it.

i remember one of my classmate coming in Mercedes and getting admission under reservation category. that was limit.
-Wanderer- thumbnail

'The Hindu' used to be very anti-government till Modi comes to the front. now they shower praise on government. 😆 I replaced it with Indian Express. they are more balanced in criticising and appreciating. But it's very very big newspaper in terms of editorial articles.
 BJP can't offend Muslims all the time. that was one main reason Vajpeyi ji became PM otherwise Advani was on forefront. but due to his hard core hindutivism he was not made PM. Modi is up in rank- sole reason he has done a very gud job in Gujrat when it comes to Governance, people are very frustrated with congress governance. if Governance wasn't there. Modi wud not have reached here. Many anti- modi turned into Pro-modi because of this sole reason.

I don't know much about The Indian Express but I like the coverage of Hindu. Political news apart, the editorials are also a good read. Otherwise, The Times of India and The Telegraph get frustrating really often with dramatizing irrelevant new at times.
You can't rule out the Muslims of you want to stay strong  and thats why many parties go about appeasing the Muslim minority(which form a significant part of the vote bank). This is why communal tension rises in the first place.
-Wanderer- thumbnail

SC did put 50% limit on reservation on central level. otherwise i m sure they wud have increased the reservation more and more. and all the govt. can do is increase the no of castes in the reserved list. Creamy layer issued also SC intervened. i don't have big problem with reservation per se. but i do have problem when some richi rich kid get reservation due to all caste issue which is irrelevant in this case. they shud not be given reservation. they do not deserve it.

i remember one of my classmate coming in Mercedes and getting admission under reservation category. that was limit.

😆
They have utilized this 50 percent limit very well. Look at the number of candidates from backward castes and the number getting admitted.  Already we compete with less seats and then there is this huge reservation!
You see students who are really well-off and getting same opportunities as you claiming reservation and getting seats inspite of being less capable.'
Even 50 per cent is too much.
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

I don't know much about The Indian Express but I like the coverage of Hindu. Political news apart, the editorials are also a good read. Otherwise, The Times of India and The Telegraph get frustrating really often with dramatizing irrelevant new at times.
You can't rule out the Muslims of you want to stay strong  and thats why many parties go about appeasing the Muslim minority(which form a significant part of the vote bank). This is why communal tension rises in the first place.

i can't stand any other newspaper except Indian express and The Hindu. TOI, HT and TT are rubbish. too much advertisement plus bad editorial.
Let's wait and see wat happen. Right now people are sick of staleness provided by congress. If modi gets diverted from this route, next election he will get his due.