Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stewie_griffin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -Wanderer-

I admit that even I was disappointed a bit when AK quit as PM.
However, look at the facts. BJP had the highest number of votes. They should have stepped in there. There was this huge pressure on AAP after the unexpected poll-result. They should not have stepped in in the first place. When they did, they were cornered with them not being the absolute majority in terms of votes and seats and the Congress obviously not giving their support. Then there was this intense scrutiny to see them falter.
Would you please elaborate a little bit on the issue in West Bengal and what you mean so I can reply to you properly?
@Bold: I have zero respect for Ambani. If he is lending support to a party then it will definitely not be in public interest but motivated by personal gain. He is the model of arrogance living in the antilla which is the most expensive residence in the world. That too in a city which houses one of the largest slums. If he were interested in public welfare he would have donated money to charity like Bill gates. I think AK is right about Ambani there.

As for AK banking on Muslim votes, its an assumption people are drawing automatically from the fact that he is challenging Modi.

West Bengal cm is mamta banerjee who supported congress but withdrew support as she was not getting funds from center and since then west bengal is just stagnating at best. Many bangladeshis, muslims in particular are being free loaded in india into delhi (another cause for rapes) and other places. Congress even plans to give them voting rights before election you know why. 
From west bengal's example I wanted to say that without money development is not possible and modi's model of development is to make the one capable of ruling,the rulers and others workers. 
What aap says that everyone should be ruler which is practically impossible and certainly a model which will fail.
On muslim vote bank, you didnt see from where has aap won.It was from sc and muslim areas.He personally had met the head of jama masjid. I'am not saying bjp doesnt indulge in vote bank politics but then if you also do it then dont play the blame game on others.
Aap never had any intentions of doing anything in delhi to start with but even after giving them the benefit of doubt they did prove they never wanted to do anything  
balashiv15 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I know!
Even me! 
While a general candidate does not get a medical seat, a candidate with reservation having the same mark more or less gets one of the top colleges. Its horrible and you feel so helpless.
My cousin brother studies in engineering college. There apart from reservation during admissions, even for getting jobs there is reservation(after getting same opportunity!) Then there is reservation for promotion. It is so hopeless!

Nowadays 'reservation wale' are earning crores πŸ˜†The Irony πŸ€£
stewie_griffin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mannu_minnie

i can't stand any other newspaper except Indian express and The Hindu. TOI, HT and TT are rubbish. too much advertisement plus bad editorial.

Let's wait and see wat happen. Right now people are sick of staleness provided by congress. If modi gets diverted from this route, next election he will get his due. 

if you can understand just see the cartoons of hindu, hindu cleverly potrays without any bias about whats actually happening. Yes but you need brains to understand the actual meaning πŸ˜Š
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

πŸ˜†
They have utilized this 50 percent limit very well. Look at the number of candidates from backward castes and the number getting admitted.  Already we compete with less seats and then there is this huge reservation!
You see students who are really well-off and getting same opportunities as you claiming reservation and getting seats inspite of being less capable.'
Even 50 per cent is too much.

i have seen the effect in my family only. one of my cousin despite getting gud rank got IPS while poeple from reserved category who had rank in 600s got IAS. that was damn frustrating. Poor girl she worked so hard.
i think in all High level seats atleast reservation shud be removed. Medical is one field where reservation shud be zero in any case.
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

Originally posted by: stewie_griffin

if you can understand just see the cartoons of hindu, hindu cleverly potrays without any bias about whats actually happening. Yes but you need brains to understand the actual meaning πŸ˜Š

I do have brains to understand the cartoons. i assure u this. But i like IE more. More balanced. Shekhar Gupta is awesome editor. i love his articles whenever they come. 

-Wanderer- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: stewie_griffin

West Bengal cm is mamta banerjee who supported congress but withdrew support as she was not getting funds from center and since then west bengal is just stagnating at best. Many bangladeshis, muslims in particular are being free loaded in india into delhi (another cause for rapes) and other places. Congress even plans to give them voting rights before election you know why. 
From west bengal's example I wanted to say that without money development is not possible and modi's model of development is to make the one capable of ruling,the rulers and others workers. 
What aap says that everyone should be ruler which is practically impossible and certainly a model which will fail.
On muslim vote bank, you didnt see from where has aap won.It was from sc and muslim areas.He personally had met the head of jama masjid. I'am not saying bjp doesnt indulge in vote bank politics but then if you also do it then dont play the blame game on others.
Aap never had any intentions of doing anything in delhi to start with but even after giving them the benefit of doubt they did prove they never wanted to do anything  

Apart from lack of support from central government, progress in West Bengal is also slow due to a mad and incompetent CM. She hardly does anything constructive. The TMC party is made of a lot of hooligans. So is the opposition party in WB.
I agree that financial area can't be ignored but the means matter right? Ambani is sure to have made some demand in exchange for this support. 
Actually, AAP had a lot of support from middle-class educated sector. Uneducated people are led on by false promises but many people in Delhi with stable jobs had come in and lent support to AAP. You can't govern well without having a proper support. AAP did not have majority votes. They should not have stepped in and when they did they were cornered by opponent parties.
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

Apart from lack of support from central government, progress in West Bengal is also slow due to a mad and incompetent CM. She hardly does anything constructive. The TMC party is made of a lot of hooligans. So is the opposition party in WB.
I agree that financial area can't be ignored but the means matter right? Ambani is sure to have made some demand in exchange for this support. 
Actually, AAP had a lot of support from middle-class educated sector. Uneducated people are led on by false promises but many people in Delhi with stable jobs had come in and lent support to AAP. You can't govern well without having a proper support. AAP did not have majority votes. They should not have stepped in and when they did they were cornered by opponent parties.

Once upon a time, Bengal was one of the most developed state of the country. and now it is not even in top ten.First left parties did the damage now TMC is completing the work. Driving away Tata from Bengal was very bad decision. 
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Why Kejrival not fighting with Sonia?

Why not in Ray Bareli ???

He must fight with Modi / Sonia both as he has right to stand for 2 seats

But he is party of Congress

Never speaks for Sonia always against Modi only
Rose7bud thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
 @ Wanderer, Mamta Banerjee may be a simpleton but not an efficient administrator. At times it appears she uses her power to propel her antagonistic feelings  against the Communist Party of India. She maintains that she is not intersted in Prime Ministerial candidature, third front for her means giving support to Miss Jayalalitha as PM and to  keep anti secular forces at bay from power  but her actions don't support her thoughts. She wants to play the role of king maker like the SP,BSP and AIADMK. As far as the development and improvement of infra structure of WB is concerned she is still to deliver.  It appears she is more interested in power than governance. She is a good orator, her modesty appeals to us but it would have a greater impact if it is transformed in developmental works. Clamouring for funds  is understood that the states having non UPA govt do not receive ample funding from the centre. on the  contrary if we examine the works of Miss Jayalalitha,her kitchens are providing food on subsidised rates. Next in the line is entertainment . Providing educational facilities to girls and  allocating funds for their marriage, introduction of  schemes for vocational training are other major initiatives.
Mamta Banerjee should keep her sentiments aside and focus on development. She is fortunate enough to have the support of the muslims in WB. She has the potential of a good chief minister. Better she delivers as time is running out for her. 
Rose7bud thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Mr AK's decision  to contest from varanasi against Mr Modi might be due to the recent incident that happened with him in Gujarat. Mr Kejriwal had gone on a visit to check the growth of the state as boasted by NaMo in several of his speeches not only during his election campaign but all through  his interactions with the corporate world and the NRI's diaspora. Firstly Mr AK was denied entry to the state and when he tried to seek Mr Modi's appointment to converse on progress chart the latter refused on the pretext that he was busy  and  Mr AK had not sought prior appointment. Ego plays a prominent role in politics and due to ego issues there are so many defections and dissension in the party. Perhaps Mr AK's ego was hurt due to the denial of meeting and  this might have driven him to contest against Mr Modi. However, there is also a view that he is soft on congress and this view gets support because politics is  unpredictable. I really want to trust Mr AK notwithstanding it is politics where everyone is jostling to win elections. It is very evident from election campaign that Congress does not think that it is serious business. As such, Mr. AK is concentrating on BJP and particularly on Mr. Modi to ensure greater  relevance of his party. It is very difficult for his party to have any secret understanding with Congress after the polls as  he can not justify his stand  and it would the sound the death knell of the party for which none other than Mr AK will be held responsible.