Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke

Utter Failure; OS on RaBir

flipfl0p thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Decorators were doing the finishing touches in Garg Nivas. Shayl was supervising, It's Rachna's engagement in the evening.
"Di, you want even the minutest things to be perfect", Sangeeta was pulling Shayl's leg. Seema kept laughing.
"Yes, go on. Make fun of me. After all, how can you people know, what is the tension of being a brides mom?", Shayl pretended to be angry with them. But they were not in a mood to stop.
"Mausima, Rachna is no their only daughter. But definitely their dearest daughter", Pihu said sarcastically. Shayl went a little dull. Seema decided to cheer her up.

"After all, who won't be happy with a daughter like her? Her college results came yesterday. She is the first gal from Garg family to finish graduation". Pihu, who was never good at studies was silent.
"So true Di. Do you remember? Her college was hesitant to admit her, she had joined through sport's quota. See, how she came winning now", Sangeeta joined in. 

It lifted the Shayl's spirits again.

"Haan, Sangeeta. She is an example, anything is possible with perseveration."

Pihu felt even bitter. "That is her habit since her childhood. She was always stubborn, even when as a child."

By now, Dayal had returned from last minute shopping along with Gunjan and Mayank. Mayank was checking whether the car was parked correctly, Dayal was unloading the items. Gunjan got curious with their talk.

"What are you saying? Can't believe Rachna used to throw tantrums when she was kid", exclaimed Gunjan.

By now Mayank also had entered the house. "Oh, you don't know how she used to be when she was a kid. And, Tavuji never said "no" to her. Do you people remember the ice cream incident?"

As soon as he reminded them of the incident, everyone burst into laughter. Dayal felt embarrassed and diverted their attention.

"Where is Rachna, now?"

"She has gone for work. She said, she will return before the function starts", replied Shayl.

"Why does she have to go to office today? She is not the head of that company. She just works there", Pihu's mouth never stopped spitting  poison.

Seema came to Rachna's defence again. "We know, she is not the owner. But the owner is quite dear to us. His Dadi used to treat Rachna like her own grand daughter. Since he is shifting to US today; If Rachna is there to help him, what's wrong?".

Sangeeta joined her. "Haan, Di. Have you seen the Khandani ring she gifted to Rachna? She was not sure whether she could be there for Rachna's wedding. Since there were no women in their house and her grandson has no plans to marry, she thought that ring would go waste. She gifted it to Rachna."

"I know. I wonder how much it would cost." She mused.

Taiji reprimanded. "Stop thinking about the price. It is only her blessings that matters".

"But not all will get such precious blessings, especially someone like me", Pihu was upset. Nobody could beat her in self pity. Dayal did not want anyone to loose their cool, especially on this day.

"Anyway, it is getting evening. People will start coming. You ladies start dressing up, I will wish Nanhe and bring Rachna back", he stepped out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the last working day in KT creations. KT is finally shutting his Indian branch and moving back to New York. His only reason to stay in India, his Dadi, left him a month ago. As per her last wish, her Asti Visarjan went on the banks of Ganges. Now he is absolutely free in this world. Alone.

He has packed and sent all his stuff. He would carry the sketches Rachna is making, along with his personal belongings. Rachna was working on the templates. Everyone else had left. She would also be leaving, ... very soon.

KT looked at her admiringly. Her focus was on the sketches. She raised her head to look for something. KT noticed immediately and looked away. It's exactly two years since that bloody incident happened. She had accused him of making advances with her and his mission in all these years was to prove, his relation with her is purely professional. He never dared to get close to her. Never called her to come alone for the field trips; never gave her his hand when she fell. 

Rachna looked at the sketch one more time, she was still not satisfied. She added the lace pattern to the neck, but didn't like it. It felt something was incomplete. What was it? All she knew was, she was not happy. "When have I ever been?", she questioned herself. She could not understand the agitation within. After all, she should have been the happiest person today. She has finished her graduation, completed her internship under KT creations, had a new job offer in hand. To top it up, she was getting engaged to the person who is her Mummy, Papa's choice. "Not yours?", she got confused who spoke. It was just her mind. "Oh! Yeah. Mine too. After all, Mummy, Papa's choice is my choice as well". She has already answered herself hundred times. But the idiot brain was just so dumb.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But first, I want to listen to that ice cream story. Tell me what happened?", Dolu wanted to hear the ice cream story now.

"Beta, you are no way less than Rachna in stubbornness", everyone laughed when Gopal said that. 
"I think Rachna was 3 year old then".

" No. Two and a half", Shayl corrected.
"Bhabhi, why are you getting possessive? We are not blaming your daughter. But don't I have the right to make fun of my brother, at least?". Shayl realised, she was getting cornered. She willingly gave in, with a smile.

"It was mid night. Don't know 12 or 2. We woke up by Rachna's scream. When we ran to her room, she had got up from the bed because of a nightmare and she was crying".

"The poor darling. What was it? Was she able to sleep again?", Gunjan asked worryingly.
"Gunjan, you spoil the fun with too many questions. Just listen", Mayank was in playful mood. Gunjan did not react. She was more curious to know what happened.

"She was eating ice creams in her dream. One chocolate and another vanilla cone in her hand. Suddenly a monster appeared and had snatched her ice cream. She wanted her Papa to fight with that monster to get her ice cream back."

Gunjan started to laugh. "Wow, what a cute dream. Rachna's fondness for chocolate ice cream was since she is two year old? What a way of asking, is it not? How did you convince her?"

"I tried telling her, monster would be hiding at night. Daddy will fight with him in morning and will get her ice cream. But she wanted daddy to fight then only. She was worried ice cream would melt by morning", Shayl had gone back to her memories.

"Bhaiyya was one mad person; Shayl bhabhi could have given some explanation and would have put her to sleep. But he started his scooter and went all the way to get the ice cream. At that time, only shops which used to open at mid night hours were near city bus stand. He went all the way there".

"Was Rachna didi awake till he came? Or had she slept?" Dholu did not want his didi to go to sleep without ice cream.

"She was awake, but... ", he did not realise why they started to laugh again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Miss Garg. It's getting late. I will take the unfinished sketch with me and see what I can do later. You may leave now. "

His last words stirred her soul. "Leave, from where? To what destination?". She recalled her past. There was a time when her mentor shielded her from the goons, inspired her to play her game. She adored him, he was her hero. But she moved on, within weeks. Then there was this brat, who tamed himself just to win her heart. She was his ego, he could do anything to win her. She moved on from him too, in few months. But here he was. Doing nothing to impress, never even gave her a proper look. But still she is stuck from the past two years, refusing to move.

Yes, she was impulsive. She didn't care what he felt at that moment. But, she has been regretting it since. For the past two years she has stayed in this office taking his snubbing, swallowing his humiliations and still delivering her best. Today also she is there. She wants to be there, till he stays in front of her eyes. Just to prove one point, she cares. She has a heart which understands his feelings. But all in vein.

"I failed", she sighed.

"What?", Kabir got puzzled.

"Nothing. I couldn't complete this work".

"No problem Ms. Garg. Bye"

Rachna gathered all her strength. "KT, both of us are venturing into new paths in our life. Can't we at least bid each other with a hopeful note? Can't you be able to say "See you, Rachna", once? I would preserve that note in my heart for the rest of my life. I know, moving on will not be easy. But I know I will, eventually".

"But I know, I can't", Kabir said with heavy heart. Ignoring her surprised look, he continued.

" I tried to behave as professionally with you as possible. But my heart was mocking at me "It's all fake". Finally when you gave me the wedding invitation, I realised. I didn't have the strength to see you getting engaged to somebody, in front of my eyes. Dadi's death left me all alone. I decided to leave."

Rachna was struggling for words. She was trying to get out of shock. "Then Dadi was not the reason for your leave? Do you even know why I kept postponing to have my wedding till I finish my graduation?", Rachna's heart was racing faster. 

"What ?" Kabir almost screamed. He looked at her disbelievingly. Her almond eyes were filled with excitement. He was mesmerised by them. First time, he could gaze at her beauty without feeling guilty. He now owns those eyes now. He couldn't contain himself anymore.

"You mean?", Kabir started getting close to Rachna. Rachna started to hear her heart beat. She closed her eyes.

Dayal just entered the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Papa, chocolate ice cream?", exclaimed the girl.

"Yes, I fought with the evil monster and warned him, "Never ever dare to snatch chocolate ice cream from my darling daughter. I am sure, he won't do it next time. Now, you can eat it and go to sleep"

"But Papa, he never took my chocolate ice cream"

"What?", almost everyone there screamed.

"Didn't I tell you, I had two ice creams in my hand? He didn't take the chocolate cone, he snatched the vanilla one", Dayal felt like collapsing.

Prabhu immediately realised, why she had that dream. He had got the ice creams for Mayank, Pihu and Rachna. Since Rachna was in bed, Seema had kept it in fridge.

"Oh, that vanilla one? The monster was so scared of you that, he left it in our fridge". She immediately got it.

Gunjan couldn't stop laughing listening to the incident. She was imagining how Dayal's face could have been then.

Dayal could not believe what he saw, just looked away. Unable to control himself, he got out of the door, kneeled on the corridor wall and started pondering. He recalled Kabir's Dadi's face, when she gave that ring. He and Shayl could feel her pain. But it was not in their hand. Even though they were willing, they concerned person had never shown any interest. Now this recent discovery, which makes his entire calculation fundamentally wrong. But at what time? When groom's family is coming for engagement? What to do? Would he be able to convince his daughter? Dayal slowly started to walk towards the door again. 

Rachna could feel Kabir's presence with her closed eyes. His breath was warming up her cheeks. She turned red. She held the table which she was leaning on, tightly. He leaned on her, with his arm also resting on the table, beside her. He started to caress her face and gently fixed the streak of hair coming onto her face into the hair pin. When his lips moved towards her, she felt she had lost balance. Kabir held her waist tightly. Rachna's arms wrapped around his neck. Their lips got nearer. When he was about to plant the kiss, she came to her senses. She immediately snapped out of his embrace. Kabir saw her nervous. He sensed her hesitation and decided to let her go. When his eyes fell on the sketch she had made, he had a smile.

He took the sketch in his hand. "Remove all the lacework Ms. Garg. The problem is not that the work is incomplete. It is just overdone", he winked. She realised and smiled.

"Hope you know, she can't remain as Ms. Garg for ever, Mr. Tripati." They looked towards the voice.

"Papa", Rachna's voice shook. She tried to move away but Kabir had held her hand tightly. His confidence overpowered her nervousness. 

"I know it Sir. Please grant me permission". Dayal looked at their face. He was polite, but firm. She was gentle but she had made up her mind. Dayal realised their intentions. There was no point in raising any objections now.

He started to wonder, what he would answer to those people, who will be arriving soon. Whatever he says, does it matter to them? "When I don't have any clue what I should say, when people will be least bothered about what I would say, why the hell I am searching for the words?", he made up his mind.

"You people just stay here, till I call you", Dayal left the place. 

All the time Kabir had worked hard to prove her how professional he was, finally to accept his defeat. She was struggling to prove him, how much his feelings mattered to her, without knowing his feelings. Dayal was trying to get the best for his daughter without being aware, what is best according to her. All of them had a winning smile, even at their defeat.

Never matter, Dayal's daughter did not have the chocolate ice cream, she had a peaceful night.

Edited by bollyfood - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Colt.Pixy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
i thought it s about today sorry ep 🤣 Edited by ZenerDiode - 10 years ago
flipfl0p thumbnail
Thanks to Vibz for her help in editing. Zene, I was just trying to reserve a slot here for the OS. Then I realised, Vibz had already taken care of it. So left it.  You know the rest. 😆 😆Edited by bollyfood - 10 years ago
falsePromise thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: ZenerDiode

i thought it s about today sorry ep 🤣

same here 🤣 🤣
flipfl0p thumbnail
Edited the post, "sorry" 😆.
-Eris- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
👎🏼 to the name of ur os .. i love it ❤️
Hot_Indo_Chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful! Loved how Dayal didn't freak out!
sidholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Amazing!!!
Loved your os so so so much...
It was so much different...
Lovely...
Continue writting more on rabir...😉
Colt.Pixy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
oh so you edited 🤣