Posted: 18 years ago

What is more important?  The family who raised you like a princess or the guy of your dreams, Who picked you up and took you to the moon?  What would you do if you were in this situation?  You want to marry the guy who loves you so much and will bring stars to your feet or the parents who loves you and have given you everything you ever wanted?  But the only objection they have is you marrying a guy who is not from the same cast as you are.  So the problem comes, you can't leave the guy because you are his life and without you he has nothing or no one.  You can't leave your parents because of the love and the values they have given you.  You are torn between love and family?  What do you do?😕

Well,

I'm not sure what I would do in this situation.  I don't know if I will be ever?

But this is what I believe.  If i'm not mistake, in the Geeta it mentions that you dharam is serve your parents.  So if you are you choose to do the right thing, you have to obey them and serve them.

Practically speaking as well, parents invest a lot more time and love in raising you so it makes sense to make them happy first. 

It's hard sometime, but love should be second where family is concern.  Unless ofcourse you have an abusive family who treats you very badly, then that's a different story.

Just my thoughts.....

I'd say BOTH r EQUALLY IMPORTANT. One'z ur parentz & otha ur Soulmate with whom u'll gonna spend ur entire lyfe & share everything. Sometimes ur parents fail to understand ur man.....& vice-versa. And then at that time it's ur responsibility to make both partiez understand. Listen to ur parents as they got experience which we don't but at the same time DO NOT ignore ur HEART'S CALL. Never lose a guy for stupid reasons like money, status. Lastly, FOR ME both r imp. as i got both of them in my lyfe & i know their importance.  Edited by Safiyah - 18 years ago

i think it is very individual decision. if it were to me i would choose family...here is why

1) i find it hard to discard years of love and loyalty(given by your family) in hopes of future love and loyalty.

2)family is real and concrete.....love is an emotion(it might be true/it might not)...i won't realise it until it is too late. i have often heard people say that you willl know when you meet the right one....however i have rarely come across a person who could assure me or himself for that matter that his love is true. love is always relative.

3)i could never forgive myself if any member of my family had to go through humiliation or any other problem bco i decided to pursue my heart.

4) i know my family loves me and wants the best for me....if they are not agreeing with my choice.....they might be seeing something that i fail to see bcoz of my love blindness.

i would choose my family bcoz i have been with them my whole life and we shared so many memorable times.......my family raised me and brought me up properly and if my parents don't want me to then i wouldn't bcoz i don't want to get them embarressed tht there daughter married without there permision and get taunted

OHHHH this is a very hard discission😭

hmm

Well I would choose my Parents, my family. REASON:

Well my parent raised me since a child, every little complain was looked after, every little wish was fulfilled even though at the end of the day if they lost something, when i failed in my exams my dad wouldnt scream at me infact he would tell me to try harder and i will certainly pass, every little support when i would feel sick they would wake up in the middle of the night and take care of me, the laughters with my brother sister the fights everything can not be compared to the boy who has come to give me happiness aLL MY life, i am sure it would be difficult to do and its easy to say but i making my parents feel low so i can get my happiness when the truth is all these years they have scarifised their happiness to make me happy and make me a better person in life! 😃

Maybe this is what I would do:

Talk to the guy and tell him that I want be with my family, and maybe the guy would understand. But I know that I would never fall into a situation like that!!!

Edited by Miss_QueTee - 18 years ago
FAMILY!!!!!!!!!! because um....................................... it is a choice for u really for me i wud choose family because i respect them and i wud not let go of them just for 1 boy that i have known for a few moths!😃
Always family. I have seen so many people marrying out of love when the parents did not agree and most are not happy as they dont have a family as they dont get along after that. They always say that I have everything but what I dont have is family which I have and they always feel something is missing . specially when they is a festival to famiy functions they attend of others and they see the unity.
Originally posted by pj04

i think it is very individual decision. if it were to me i would choose family...here is why

1) i find it hard to discard years of love and loyalty(given by your family) in hopes of future love and loyalty.

2)family is real and concrete.....love is an emotion(it might be true/it might not)...i won't realise it until it is too late. i have often heard people say that you willl know when you meet the right one....however i have rarely come across a person who could assure me or himself for that matter that his love is true. love is always relative.

3)i could never forgive myself if any member of my family had to go through humiliation or any other problem bcoz i decided to pursue my heart.

4) i know my family loves me and wants the best for me....if they are not agreeing with my choice.....they might be seeing something that i fail to see bcoz of my love blindness.

i completely agree with pj as i also believe the same