Suits

Is anyone disappointed with Rachel's role?

Posted: 10 years ago
I have been watching Suits for a while now and I have waited for a long time for Rachel's role to be different. I loved Rachel in the first episode. She seemed smart, ambitious and tough. But ever since she got into a relationship with Mike or even prior to the relationship when they had feelings she was Mike's sidekick. All her decisions revolve around Mike and that bothers me a lot.

I understand that she is with Mike so she needs to consider his point of view, but all she has ever done on this show is be his sidekick. I rarely catch her going after what she wants to do. I'm glad she made the decision to go to law school but again she decided not to go to a law school that was far away because of Mike. Her life or relationship with Mike is certain or uncertain then shouldn't her goals, dreams be prioritized.

I like Rachel I really do, because I see all this potential in her, but I wish she was more independent on this show. That she had her own chart on the show instead of kissing, hugging, or sleeping with Mike. Her scenes are pretty much limited to Mike or Louise or Donna. She is rarely on her own and making her own decisions. She is rarely living out her own "independent life". What are her hobbies? Who does she do in her spare time? What are her dreams? What does she want to achieve? I wish they tapped into that a bit more.

Jessica is the head. Donna is perfect the way she is. It would be nice if they had someone young and rising (who is on their own journey too)
Edited by AppleCider - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

csm13 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I like her when she shares screen space with Louis
The couple is boring
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
I too cannot stand her with Mike but yeah with Louis, it's so much fun. I liked her in season 1 but then lost the interest later on
Originally posted by: HappyMelody

I too cannot stand her with Mike but yeah with Louis, it's so much fun. I liked her in season 1 but then lost the interest later on

Tell me about it. Her character initially started out on such a promising note. Independent, ambitious and hard working. Since the last 2 seasons though they have turned her into Mike's sidekick.
Edited by AppleCider - 9 years ago
bhavis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Her character is more like any Indian soap heroine with all the drama. its a  yo yo character.😒
-Sajdey- thumbnail
i agree she is sidelined but i love it when mike stands up for her.