The Buddy Project Season 2 - Now in College

|ReWrite|[RaHi]{ff.chap6/pg12} - Page 5

--Akshu-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Oops shit I read it wrong I read the chap half asleep I read it again with all senses *feeling stupid*

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A-Musing-Me thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
You are welcome mais... me just needs rahi n thoughtful writing to get started n now that I have u are gonna get long essays...hope u dont get bored...๐Ÿ˜†... 
Loving this independent panchi... happily independent...okay if she goes wrong...to err s human.. n let them make their ways out individually... that's going to be the best part for me..
Happy my comments made u glad...๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by sneha02 - 10 years ago
Sarah9 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice update:) now i'm even more excited for this ff! Waiting eagerly for the next update..
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

4. Like a Fool

She sat under the starlit sky and looked at him as he strummed his guitar, his most precious possession, and quietly hummed the words along. Had it been some other day she would've been completely taken in by the magic he created with the instrument, the way she had been doing all her life when it came to him and his music.

Not today.

"It's nice." She commented when he stopped playing and looked at her for feedback.

"Kiya is handling the lyrics for this one. Baqi tou sab cover songs hi hain." He reached out and picked a piece of the apple she had cut for him in his preferred way.

"Ranveer, exactly how many songs are you doing?" She had to try to keep the annoyance out of her voice. Ever since the Freshers Talent Show had been announced and the two rival groups of ICC had become all competitive with each other, all he could talk about was how this was the perfect chance to show his rival his rightful place.

"4. Maybe 5." He shrugged and positioned his guitar again. This time when he started the tune to her favorite song and strummed the first notes of it, she could help it no longer and got up.

"Kahan?" He stopped the song and looked up at her.

"It's late. Mom worry kar rahi hongi."

"Chill. Beth jaa. Main drop kardunga baad mein."

"No, mujhe jaana hai."

"Main ye song Chammu Chacha ke liye nahin gaa raha, tere liye gaa raha hoon. Tou, sit." He motioned her to take her seat and fingered his guitar again. A hint of a smile touched her lips. Old habits die hard. She sighed and moved to sit again when his phone rang, interrupting his song yet again.

"Hey Kiya, what's up?" Seeing the number on the phone, he picked up the call and put it on loud speaker.

"Ranveer, can you play that tune again? Ye last verse mein thoda problem ho raha hai.."

"Already on the last verse? Kiya Gujral, you are a rockstar! Wait, let me play."

Panchi stood there, conveniently forgotten by him, as he played the song again while Kiya joined him as she completed the songs by giving words to his music. She didn't stop looking at him as she took the steps back and went away from there, her pace silent but steady.

She was such a fool to even think that things were the same between them, even in these solitary moments.

--

"So, which group you want to represent?"

"I want to go solo."

Sophia Ma'am looked up from from the file she was going through, surprised at her decision.

"I'm a fresher. Koi rule thodi hai ke kisi group to represent karna pade." Panchi defended sheepishly. A smile danced on Sophia's lips as she shook her head at this young girl who had her head bowed as if she was guilty of some crime.

"My dear, tum jaanti ho na ke ye talent show ab Chillars and Dhakkans ka personal warzone bann chuka hai?"

"Wo tou hai but main unki wajah se apna college experience kharab nahin karna chahti." She looked up and said, her voice more confident than before. Sophia stared at her, wanting to tell her that it wasn't a good idea. But it had been such a long while since someone had stepped ahead and dared to say no to whatever the Chillars and Dhakkans wanted to do in this college. It was a good sign and wanting to stop it would be very wrong.

"Well...as you wish. Hopefully ye experience tumhare liye acha hoga." Sophia nodded and wrote down Panchi's name in the list of the participants of the show, in a completely different list.

Independent.

--

"These bloody Chillars!" Avi cursed angrily as they took brisk steps towards the stage. "Chodun ga nahin main inhen!"

"Avi, relax. Zyada time nahin hua, we can get to the show." Ranveer tried to calm him down but the sight of Kiya coming out of the locked bathroom, out of breath and dazed had him gritting his teeth in anger as well. Kiya just silently followed them.

"You okay?" He asked her and she only nodded, her mind obviously on whatever had just happened.

"Listen. We'll get back at them. Hum bahar jaenge and will give the best performance this college has ever seen. Phir uss KD ko pata chalega, how wrong he was to try to mess up with you."

By the time they reached the backstage, Kiya had cheered up considerably and all her focus was back on the performance. The cheers from the crowd were deafening. The supporters of both the groups were trying to outdo each other with their cheers. The stage was dimly lit as few of the last minute set up was being done there. The crowd was getting impatient. The show should've have started minutes ago.

"What's happening?" Avi asked one of his group mates who had been waiting for them there.

"Slight delay. Hamari performance se pehle someone else is performing. Someone went solo."

"Are you kidding me?!" Avi cursed again and Ranveer stepped ahead to stand beside him. The announcer had come on the stage and the event officially started. Ranveer tapped his feet impatiently, anxious for the competition which he had been preparing for two weeks to start. He didn't listen to anything that was said on the stage, his mind too busy making last minute plans to somehow make his performance better.

"Isn't she your friend?" Avi's words pulled him back from his thoughts and he absently followed his gaze on the stage. Surprise was such a mild word to explain the feeling he felt when he saw Panchi standing on the stage, clutching her mic nervously as she eyed the crowd. He didn't need the bright lights falling on her tell him how she looked or what she felt.

He saw it all clearly, the way she stood there stiffly and grabbed the mic as if her life depended on it. She was biting her lower lip, nervously and trying her best to gain control over the heavy breathing. The crowd had gone silent seeing one girl standing in the middle of the stage with no one accompanying her. It took him a few seconds to process what she was going to do.

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and brought the mic up to her lips. He felt his breath stop when she started her song. All kinds of musical instruments were placed behind her but there was no music on the stage paired up with her words. He never hated himself more than he did right now.

So lately, been wondering
Who will be there to take my place
When I'm gone, you'll need love
To light the shadows on your face

Her voice. Her beautiful, beautiful voice was the only thing ringing in the crowd of hundreds of students. It was strong and controlled and so very captivating. With each passing second, he noticed her confidence grow. Her stance changed, the stiffness loosened and she opened her eyes. All her concentration was on the song as her voice grew stronger but it didn't waver one bit. The crowd was taken in by her and there were some applauding whistles and cheers when she hit the high notes perfectly.

If a great wave shall fall
It'd fall upon us all
Well I hope there's someone out there
Who can bring me back to you

If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low
I'll go wherever you will go

"Wow.." Ranveer heard Avi breathe in. He couldn't even do that. It had been so long since he had last heard her sing that he had forgotten just how good of a singer she was. Here and now, listening to her sing her heart out to a crowd of students who didn't give a damn about her minutes ago and making them acknowledge her, something tugged at his heart. There was nothing he wished more than for her to turn around and look at him.

I know now, just quite how
My life and love might still go on
In your heart, in your mind
I'll stay with you for all of time

Standing there, he thought about the times back in school when her eyes would search for him in the crowd whenever she went up the stage to perform with her Dramatics Club. She used to say that she didn't feel completely at ease till she saw his face in the crowd. And she could never perform her best till she saw him.

But now, he noticed that her gaze wasn't searching for anyone. She was singing and singing. And there was joy of action emitting from her and emotions of the lyrics were mesmerizing everyone. And she wasn't even trying to look for him. For the first time, she was singing somewhere where he wasn't present and she knew it. And it didn't affect her in any way that he could notice.

The last thing he thought before the lights went out and chaos erupted was that he was a fool for thinking that all her songs would always be for him.

(Wherever You Will Go
Charlene Soraria Cover)
Edited by spicySugar.. - 10 years ago
sweetdesire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

This chapter is so mesmerizing Maisy...Me Just loved it...I clearly imagine the scene where RV was playing guitar and Panchi offered him that apple. I am Still in that mode...The emotions RV felt when Panchi was on stage...I must say, you described it so beautifully.. .Your words create magic dear๐Ÿ‘...Love the flow of emotions from both the side..Can't wait to read more so plz do continue soon...Take care

PS: Yaay,I am first one to comment๐Ÿ˜ณ

wanderingsoul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
splendid. how much i hated Rv at that time when he was paying all his attention to  Kiya (may be due to the offscreen thing) ignoring panchhi  ๐Ÿ˜”and when in trouble he used to come to panchhi like for a screenplay for their performance. panchhi suffered a lot that time.then Avi came into picture.
A-Musing-Me thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
The freshers talent hunt...something that was mercilessly murdered by the cvs...loved this take on it...meaningful tha n allowed the characters to grow too...rather being reduced to a mere add on of no real value to the story...
Things aren't the same between them...n the best part is that they feel it too..

Ranveer at his musical best yet Panchi slightly distant even annoyed stays on only to be forgotten by him...n he wakes up to her only when she walks up on stage n makes herself acknowledged by the world n by him too... yet he wants her to look out for him though on his part he has forgotten that she even sings...well loved their complex relationship.

Love the way she literally fades away unnoticed by a self engrossed Ranveer too busy with his own life...typical nonu...n me loved a ready to make herself felt Panchi...independent n ready to defy groupism...who takes centre stage without her best friends help...nervous undoubtedly yet faces the music alone...panchi independent n not sad about it is a treat...n me loved when Ranveer accepts that he is a fool to think all her songs will be forever be for him...wow...yea he can't always take her for granted.

They are at the point where their relationship s undergoing major changes..changes palpable to them...n now we will get to know whether these changes make their relationship stronger or makes them drift apart...
Avi comes in too..in small doses is good enough...
Loved the small little details that you have added...like the apple bit n sophiya's thoughts too.

Liked this part mais... loving the way you concentrate on innermost thoughts n reactions of these two...makes for thoughtful reading truly.
Thanks a lot for this entire rewrite...loving the way you are taking it forward... this was about an incident which will definitely define their bond or the lack of it in future...

Edited by sneha02 - 10 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ARandKJFan

Res

I'm here :D
Unres

First of all Mais, I love the concept. Thank you! <3 Though I was never a typical RaHi fan, I loved their story as much as I loved KiSha's. I kind of forgot that you are a KiSha fan ๐Ÿ˜†  It was heartbreaking to see the story turn into something else altogether so thank you for writing this! *sigh* we RaHi fans always had it rough.
Now, onto the story.

First chapter:
Such a simple beginning and it was pure RaHi! One thing I've always admired in you Mais is how you capture the basic essence of the character so effortlessly! Happens..when one spends all the time thinking about characters than their own life tou aisa hi hota hai xD The way only Moti can understand Nonu and also how only she can provide to him the comfort he requires is so heart-touching <3 Also, I love how you've shown Panchi's childishness the way it is supposed to be. It's not immature as many people tend to make it. Ikr! She is such a perfect balance between childish and mature..mostly only one aspect of her personality is focused on i.e. her maturity. But she isn't perfect and by god, she does make mistakes. And I am so going to make her make mistakes here.
Then came Ranveer's thoughts. This is all I hoped he would be in S2. The 'man' who would give a tough fight to KD. Your spin on it is exactly what I hoped it would be. This was the Ranveer I came to love in S1, the one who gave a tough fight to who he hates without even touching him. Aaah...s2 ki beginning wala RV! Seriously, I fell for him all over again there! Though the happy go lucky Nonu is no doubt precious but this no-nonsense man who gets what he wants and gets it on his own fair terms is just..aaahhh! *heart eyes*

"Hum ne apni life mein bohat galtiyan ki hain, kya kya repeat nahin kar paoge?"- This line my friend, is perfect. This is literally the basic premise of the story. Panchii :') Mature, understanding Panchi. The way she was meant to be as a fully developed character. She is right, mistakes are to be learned from but there comes a point when we stop learning because it's just too much to take in. The way I see RaHi, all their development came from mistakes. The mistakes he made and the mistakes she made. Their whole progression lies in how they fix those mistakes and change because of them. But you are right, there are some mistakes one just can't fix. They remain their, lurking in the corner, not always visible but never quite gone. And when the consequences of those mistakes come rushing in without a warning...that is always tough.
Finally, the beginning of the break. I guess they were far too broken by then. Their bond did change a lot didn't it. It has changed and change it was supposed to be. They are growing up, their bond can't remain the same. For them to be with each other as man and woman, their bond can't remain of that of a boy and a girl. It will shape itself accordingly.

Second chapter:
Smooth, simply smooth transition. Also, YOU GAVE PANSH <33 Can't help it!  And the dialogues are so RV :O I love how you prove me right har baar ๐Ÿ˜† I am seriously not very good at dialogues so this make me happy!  The exact point Panchi stopped reacting is so precise. 'Like everyone else'- She's not everyone else, she is Panchi, her Nonu's moti. This piece is so unique because Panchi doesn't dance to his tunes and doesn't forgive as easily. Yes, yes, yes! This is what I always loved about her! Despite her putting him first all his life, when it comes to her own self, she does what she wants to do and not think about him much! Aah! You put it so perfectly! <3
The final two paras left me speechless. There's literally nothing I can say. It's so damn perfect Mais. Thanks yous!!

Hope you're satisfied with the comment! :) YESSS!!

I'll be reading Chap 3 later :D

~You Know Who ;)
Meri Dude!

sourmisery thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sweetdesire

This chapter is so mesmerizing Maisy...Me Just loved it... Thankies Geet! <3 I clearly imagine the scene where RV was playing guitar and Panchi offered him that apple. It was taken from the show..aisa hua tha ๐Ÿ˜† I am Still in that mode...The emotions RV felt when Panchi was on stage...I must say, you described it so beautifully.. .Your words create magic dear๐Ÿ‘ Awwiiee..I just try to do justice..feels good that you like it!...Love the flow of emotions from both the side..Can't wait to read more so plz do continue soon... I know this chapter took some time..hopefully that won't happen again! Take care

PS: Yaay,I am first one to comment๐Ÿ˜ณ You are always the first! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

sourmisery thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shammukh

splendid. how much i hated Rv at that time when he was paying all his attention to  Kiya (may be due to the offscreen thing) ignoring panchhi  ๐Ÿ˜”and when in trouble he used to come to panchhi like for a screenplay for their performance. panchhi suffered a lot that time.then Avi came into picture.

I actually didn't hate RV for being with Kiya..it was justified and in character. What I didn't like was Panchi's reaction to it..hence Imma be changing it. And I know I shouldn't say this here but TBP stars are very professional. I doubt any off-screen equation affected their on screen work in any way.

Avi tou ab ayega picture mein ๐Ÿ˜† And Rukmini bhi..then there's Omi..

thank you!