Punjabi Channel

jatt james bond...lol - Page 3

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
Yeah Jot. Its mostly us NRIs who are holding on to our language.. and people from the "villages" back in India.

Ditto Gurpit. Or has anyone heard that new song "Iski Uski".. totally butchered the language. That's not Punjabi my lovely people. 😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I get that they use Hindi to ensure people understand but as Kiran pointed out.. =P They can use certain Punjabi words that would make us cringe a little less. XD Like, what the heck is 'Aapnu'? Even 'tussi' gets used in Bollywood so.. why's that so hard?

And don't get started on their exaggerated Punjabi accents. -_-

I haven't watched the movie yet but it's doing good is what i've heard as well.
gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I didn't understand Iski Uski when I first heard it. I actually had to Google the lyrics.

And I agree Jot -  they can use better words and the audience would still understand
CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Angel-Jot.

Harbhajan Maan had stories that were quite.. boring. =/ They were so repetitive with a very common theme as well. NRI kid goes to India. =/

Asan Nu Maan Watna Da
Jee Ayan Nu
..that movie where he gets reincarnated and they're in Vancouver, LOL
That other movie where he goes to India to patao his step mother.

I was getting sick of that. Like, we get it. Can we get some nice, movie based in India only?

😆😆Jot so i guess now u gonna get a typical thet punjabi movie..oh yeah..JJB😆😆jhaga n jhakdi😆😆
This content was originally posted by: K.Sean

Uh not really.. its just that they speak the actual Punjabi and not the fake one you hear in Bollywood songs. 🥱

People from villages are not always "uneducated".. they just haven't forgotten or ignored their mothertongue. When I went to Punjab last year, the Punjabi spoken in cities made me cringe. Way too Hindified, while Punjabi clearly is a distant language. One of the main reasons why Gippy's and Diljit's films work IS because of the language they use. Its very real.. they speak "Malwai" Punjabi. So maybe it is "village-ish" for the Punjabis from the Doaba region (mostly NRIs). And in a way they're also reviving the language by using words which a lot of "shehri" Punjabi speakers have replaced with Hindi/Urdu words.

They speak the real Punjabi. Fact.

agree with this one...cox evn m frpm a village n thats too very backward...border area de lok bhai apa ta😆😆ambarsariye😃...they r reviving ...atleast putting their efforts for their mother tongue...but no gal ppl in majha area also speak this teth punjabi...n evn more thn that...but this is really teht...n yeah lets c vt they gonna show thru it...hoping to get some more😃
pr nai mein jhaga word sirf ek vaar suneya c..meri family ch koi eh word use nai krda...mein chotti c te mom to pucheya c..eh jhaga ki hunda..ta pta chleya c kmeez nu kende jhaga...pr shsyad malwai zada use krde eh word..pr nai sare punjab ch hi use hunda hona..pr mere ghre ni hoyea kde
Edited by ...sandhureet.. - 9 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Angel-Jot.

^We still use those too. ðŸ¤” Seems NRI Punjabis are the ones not interested in mixing Hindi with our Punjabi. =P

Jot Problem ehi a...NRI punjabi nu aje v sambhal k rakh rhe ne..chahe oh punjab to kohaan so meel door bethe ne...dil punjabi hai..kuj v hove..pr punjab diyaan kudiyaan..focus khaas kr kudiyyaan...ohna nu ldga k status ch frk pe jau j punjabi boli ta...loki kehnge eh ta pendu lgdiyaan ne...pr problem eh hai k shehraan diyaan kudiyaan zada tr hindi hi use krdiyaan ne..is lai pinda diyaaan kudiyaan v eh sb mix kr dendiyaan ne ohna nu vekh k..tusi sare NRI ho..pr mein ta punjab ch rehndi a...jaandi a atmospehre ethe da..ki chl reha hai...shayad kite na kite kudiyaan inferior feel krdiyaan ne jd oh teth punjabi boldiyaan ne...
pr apa ta chaddi ni koi..jehdiyaan hindi ch style mardiyaan ohna kole khde hoke sare chngi punjabi jharhidi a...ajeeb jeha muh bna k pase ho jaandiyaan😆😆jive kise bnde nu nai bander nu vekh leya hove😆😆
NRIs punjabi nu aje tk ise layi sambhal k rakhe hoye ne..jd te oh bahar settle hoye ne ohna li boli ohi a..kyu k koi hor alien vich ni vdeya😆😆
i hope smj a gya thonu sareyaan nu..k NRIs di punjabi aje v teth kyu a...😛