Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Oh dear...not you again. lol.

Who knew Pakistanis took such a keen interest in Indian politics? I bet even many educated Indians wouldn't be able to tell you who the candidates were for Pakistan's elections a few months back, nor would it affect them. I don't think Zorro is far off though, if you say majority are calling him a 'thug', then well, wouldn't you fear thugs?😉

And who knew Indians are watching Zahid Hamid of all people. lol.

Okay so you are telling me that educated Indians do not know what is going on in their neighborhood? Fine. its not my problem. I like to be informed.

Lol @ people waiting to expose India's secular image. At least India has a perceived secular image, Pakistan doesn't even have that with constant reports of persecution of minorities ranging from misuse of anti-blasphemy laws against Christians, assassination of their leaders, forceful conversions, rapes of Hindus and terrible treatment of Ahmadis where they're refused the power to even vote as a citizen of the country unless they denounce their identity. Compared to many Congress ruled states, Modi's Gujarat is riot free from 2002.
That was one of the take being discussed on a show discussing elections in India. I dont care what haappens to your image.

I don't know about Congress being anti-Pakistan but they are anti-India given the very little they've done for the country. However, it's rather convenient of you to blame Indian political parties without accepting Pakistan's unwillingness on the matter too. Frankly speaking, I think if Modi comes to power, improving ties with our neighbour is not a priority. We have plenty of other issues within our own country that needs to be dealt with first. But at the end of the day, taali ek haath se toh bhajegi nahi so if the issue is addressed at a later stage, I'd like to see both sides take the initiative. If anything, I'd like to see talks on Siachen given the amount of money both spend and the people that die there every year.

Yes that can be discussed. Its upto the leaders

On a side note, I recently found out there's a place called Pakistan in Bihar, India. It was named by local Hindu residents in honour of the Muslims residents that lived there before they migrated to Pakistan. (now Bangladesh) An interview of local residents revealed they'll all be voting for Modi. Ah, the irony.😛

They can vote for shatrugun sinha. lol. doesnt affect me much. lol

Basically the point of my post was that statement that modi is causing fears in pakistan is laughable. The point was that its more complex. Some are using him to continue with anti-india rhetoric, others think that its good that an extremist comes and shows the real face of india (in their view) and then there are parties which believe we should continue with peace efforts.

none was my view. i presented a spectrum of views. and india is an important country so i think we should come out of this mindset that "oh i dont care" as there are anaysts, diplomats, talk show hosts etc who do care about regional politics and these things are important.
Forever-KA thumbnail

Modi has caused stir in USA? lol.

Lets not get into typical India Pakistan rhetoric of taking digs at each other. I presented a spectrum of views of whats going on in Pakistan in rgeards to Indian elections as I thought your characterization was bit simple and not true. However as usual you guys go into self defence and start taking digs etv.

I can bring in a lot of such issues however I do not want to get into that. I am not a politican. lol

Originally posted by: King-Anu

none was my view. i presented a spectrum of views. and india is an important country so i think we should come out of this mindset that "oh i dont care" as there are anaysts, diplomats, talk show hosts etc who do care about regional politics and these things are important.

Do the viewers have to suffer crack pots like hamid? India has its share of cartoons like Mulayam Singh and Azam of his party who keep making one atrocious remarks after another and are quite an irritant. Luckily they don't come very often on the TV to express their views. Its just that during election times they cant stay hidden from the media. 😛

Originally posted by: King-Anu

Modi has caused stir in USA? lol.

Lets not get into typical India Pakistan rhetoric of taking digs at each other. I presented a spectrum of views of whats going on in Pakistan in rgeards to Indian elections as I thought your characterization was bit simple and not true. However as usual you guys go into self defence and start taking digs etv.

I can bring in a lot of such issues however I do not want to get into that. I am not a politican. lol

I don't see anyone getting defensive here. In India if some leaders make a hate speech or try to fan communal hatred they are taken to task by either the media , the opponent parties, the election commissioners or the public. I wonder if that ever happens in Pakistan. Do sane voices get to prevail over insane propagandas?🤔
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Quite the opposite, KA. It's you that constantly makes everything quite personal and gets rather defensive. 
I was merely giving my opinion on some of these views expressed by people in your personal experience. You seemed to think I was attacking you. I'm not sure what analysts you're talking about right now? Please do direct me to them. Not a single Indian or international news agency I've seen is discussing India-Pakistan relations at the moment in regards to the Indian election and its future PM. I don't personally consider it a priority and the mindset is more "jab hoga, tab dekha jayega" 

@USA - Yes. Zorro was probably referring to the visa issue of Modi. There's also controversy of Modi getting funds from a lot of Indian-Americans.
Edited by hindu4lyf - 10 years ago
Forever-KA thumbnail
Okay these India-Pakistan posts tend to take forever to end.

Chalo aap jeete. Jo bole sonehaaal...

lets end it. lol
LOL this Mulayam Singh has truly lost it. Now he says that all his party members should attack their opponents the way Azam has 😆
Forever-KA thumbnail
When someone here mentioned that educated Indians do not know much about what is going on in Pakistan I was like hmm...this does not make sense. Educated people like to be informed and they follow news and read newspapers from around the world

DAWN is the top most English daily of Pakistan. It ran a story of Modi aide telling Modi's critic to go to Pakistan. Anyway I was surprised to see how many Indians commented on it.

Here are some comments

rocky

Ravi Dallas TX          

K G Surendran

gopal

Hindustani

Prakash
venkats_iitk

Madhav

ROHIT PANDEY

Ghost

Rakesh     

ajay

Aanand Rai

Hindustani          

Natarajan

Sarthak

BRR

AVINASH TRIPATHI

Indian

So yes the point of this post is that people from both sides do follow each other's news which is fine with me and which is what I expect from educated Indians also. Just happen to saw this and thought ok maybe I should share it here since we discussed that the other day. lol
Edited by King-Anu - 10 years ago
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Lol erm..ok then. KA I didn't realise that's the way an analysis was done. Maybe I should copy and paste people's comments from TOI and NDTV articles to see how many votes each party will get and who has more support?
Once again let me repeat, it was not a personal attack so I do not see the reason for you to get defensive all the time. Similarly, if you ask me or many other educated youth the name of the Scottish First Minister (who has been in the news a lot lately for the debate on the Scottish Referendum), I would not remember and would have to google his name. I am not saying none of the educated population knows about Pakistani current events but yes, there was very little hype and interest around our neighbour's elections.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

How and why did a discussion on India's next PM turn into an Indo-Pak issue. 😆

Fear maybe the wrong word. Apprehensive would be a better term. It would be foolish not to be apprehensive. No matter how small, large, weak or strong your neighboring country is, you have to have  a pulse on their politics. It is a very sensible thing to do. Modi's attitude towards national security, especially the Pakistan borders is not that complacent as Congress. No one is saying Pakistan is running like chickens who think the sky is falling. Pakistan is merely concerned about how Modi will affect foreign relations, and it is a sensible concern. Even many western nations like UK, USA, and Canada and many Indians themselves are apprehensive about Modi's past hardliner stances.

This isn't an Indo-Pak issue, nor should it be one. This is just foreign relations that happens all the time. It just is common sense to be concerned with the political views and background of national leaders. Even if USA and Canada are not tense, Canada still cares what kind of leadership USA and bordering states have.

Modi has softened his stance and distanced himself from religious right wing views. His campaigning will be on economic growth and progress only. Majority of people voting for Modi are voting because he is a better candidate in the current crop. Gujarat prospered under him and people hope he can transfer that prosperity to the entire nation. Modi is not being voted for his views on Muslims or Pakistan, he is being voted on his views on business, economic growth and efficient government. People are sick and tired of corruption and inefficiency of Congress tenures and want nothing more than someone to focus on India internally and fix our issues. Modi will lose support if he does not live up to his promise of economic growth.

I think Modi will win by a significant margin.