The one that got away - a personal memoir. (Must read)

Posted: 10 years ago
Greetings
This is my first attempt at writing. Most of you may not know me but those
who do have been encouraging me for the longest time to write. What you
are about to read is not a story, its not some work of fiction but a true story, my life. 

It is a tale of fighting my inner demons and losing the only thing that I cared
about that it altered my life upside down. Writing this memoir was not easy
it triggered a tsunami of emotions but the greatest story that was never told
needs to be told -- I owe that much to her! 

Hope its a worthy read.

Credit to Cari for this wonderful video. 
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWG_fBRfYEw[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by TheBoss - 9 years ago
Looking forward to read more of it.
It must be hard to word down all of it. But I wish you all the very best.
Edited by nikki.171 - 10 years ago
Thanks for reading. I have completed it and updated. 
This was bittersweet. The path to self-destruction for him. I loved how she managed to make him a better person despite being away from his life. It was so very beautiful. thank you for this lovely piece.

Warm regards,
-Sally
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by Break.The.Code

This was bittersweet. The path to self-destruction for him. I loved how she managed to make him a better person despite being away from his life. It was so very beautiful. thank you for this lovely piece.

Warm regards,

-Sally

Thanks. I owe everything to her
This is truely a sad story ...
@He is not a bad person but his destiny cheats him ...
Just read it all. Sitting at home in Denmark right now...It's almost 6 am in the morning, and I am like 😭 ...
I could really feel the pain while reading. The pain you both went through. Heart touching and a very sad ending.
But I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. There is nothing you can do to change your fate, it is set in stone. So when you are faced with triumph or defeat, just know there is a bigger plan for you and one day that plan will be clear.

/SJ
Originally posted by Rumination

Just read it all. Sitting at home in Denmark right now...It's almost 6 am in the morning, and I am like 😭 ...
I could really feel the pain while reading. The pain you both went through. Heart touching and a very sad ending.
But I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. There is nothing you can do to change your fate, it is set in stone. So when you are faced with triumph or defeat, just know there is a bigger plan for you and one day that plan will be clear.

/SJ

I have resigned to my fate and Im content with it now. Just looking forward to my day with the grand jury. Thanks for the read though, hope it was worthy of your time.
just landed here from bb8 forum and read your story. really sad
I also came here from the BB forums... and while the story is very dramatic and filmy, it succeeds in conveying its sadness. 
I'm not sure what the point of posting something like this on IF is, so I will refrain from any critiques or questions which may appear insensitive. Writing is always cathartic, I hope in this case too, in some measure, it was...