Posted: 10 years ago

Cover Page interview of Gauahar khan By Asjad Nazir

on 4-09-2014 in Interview

Gauhar Khan Hot Pics 4

Gauahar's got
the X-Factor

REALITY STAR KHAN IS WANTED LADY

by ASJAD NAZIR

MODEL, TV personality and actress Gauahar Khan beat off tough challengers to win a highly competitive series of Bigg Boss 7.

As well as winning the title, she also found love on the reality TV series with actor Kushal Tandon. Not surprisingly, the sexy star has been in the spotlight since then and in-demand for high-profile projects including the latest season of action series Fear Factor:
Khatron Ki Khiladi.Eastern Eye managed to catch up with the busy actress to find out what life has been like since her Bigg Boss 7 win, future projects, the relationship with Kushal, her idea of happiness and if the past six months have changed her.

Has it been non-stop for you since winning Bigg Boss 7?

(Smiles) It just goes on and on, but I am not complaining at all. I am really happy that this is happening to me.

The new Boss of reality television

GAUAHAR KHAN ON LIFE IN THAT HOUSE AND FEAR FACTOR

Have you had a chance to look back at what happened on Bigg Boss 7 and analyse it?

I have. It did take some time for it to sink in. I went in as an actor and as a person who was known, but I didn't think after sitting in there for threeand-a-half months, my popularity would increase by so much. It is beyond my imagination! When I analyse it, I feel that I must have done something right for people to have showered so much love on me. I am really appreciative of everything
that I am receiving; the adulation, the respect,the popularity and workflow. So I am really grateful to Allah and of course to
all the audience who loved me so much. They made me win!

Did you get an idea when you were inside in the Bigg Boss house about the big global movement happening that got behind you?

(Smiles) I had no idea. In fact, sitting in there, you are always wondering: Will people like me?' The only time you would get any kind of inkling was on the Saturday episode when Salman (Khan)would come and tell us stuff. At that time, we would feel the
complete opposite. So it was confusing sitting in there, because you never know what kind of write-ups are coming out or what people are liking or not. You can only be yourself, that is what I was trying to do. I kept telling myself this. I used to see so much bashing inside the house that I kept telling myself: Gauahar you know you and the way you are'. I knew the audiences didn't think the way these four or five people think. I kept the belief that I couldn't be hated outside.

You jumped straight into Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi. What made you take on another challenging reality TV show; and did you say yes' to the gig straight away?

I didn't say yes instantly and took my time deciding. I thought about it a lot and then said: Why not? It's a completely different show'. It's nothing like Bigg Boss. It's a show that I needed to do for myself as a person,for my own life, because I've never been adventurous.I've never gone bungee jumping and am scared of water. I'm scared of everything! Really? (Laughs) Yeah, I have all kinds of phobias! I have a bag of fears actually.So for me, doing Khatron Ke Khiladi was trying to challenge myself.I thought this was the only probable chance to get over my fears. This was the only way I could do it; otherwise even now I don't think I would ever want to go bungee jumping or anything like that. Now after Khatron Ke Khiladi, I would say:Why not?'.

So now you're an action woman...?

(Laughs) No, I am still a phatoo! I am still one and I don't deny that at all. First of all I hate showcasing myself as something I am not, and no I am not a daredevil.I am not a person who would jump off a cliff or whatever. I'm not that person at all, but after Khatron Ke Khiladi at least I could stand on top of a cliff, if not jump off it. I'm really glad I did it.

Kushal Tandon is in Khatron Ke Khiladi also.Does it annoy you that everyone keeps talking about your relationship and can you ever get used to it?

The only thing I want to say to my fans out there right now is I understand the love they shower on us and I really do appreciate it.
But on Twitter there is this constant thing of: Send a picture, send a picture, send a picture'.Sometimes it is not possible to. Sometimes you have to draw a line between private and public.We really appreciate all the adulation we're getting, and we are very happy about that. But for both of us now, we have to start drawing a line between private and public.

First and foremost you're an actor; are you looking forward to getting your teeth into some good acting projects now?

Yes of course. I think acting is where my heart lies,I am an actor at the end of the day. I'm really enjoying the celebrity status, but I've got to calm my acting bug down by starting to work on my films again soon.

Tell us about your next film?

I have a film on the way; we're going to shoot our last schedule for that in Switzerland. It is a film that is being shot entirely there. It's called Fever.It's my first lead role as an actor.I'm really excited about that because it's a great script. It's been shot really beautifully and it's a great role for me. It's not something every lead actor in a film gets to do, I hope it turns out to be a big hit.

Do you have a dream role you would like to play in the future?

No, not really. I don't think anyone really has a dream role. For actors, every role that you do you must make it your dream role. Whether it was Rocket Singh, Ishaqzaade or Game, I have worked equally hard on all my films, and all my characters have been very different from each other. So I cannot say that there is something else I would do better than anything else. I will put as much work into any role that I get. I want to make every role a dream role.

You have a great fashion sense and have become somewhat of a style icon; can you see yourself launching a fashion line?

(Laughs) Thank you. I think I will as soon as I find time to focus on that a little bit. After Bigg Boss, I was shooting in South Africa and am now off to Switzerland for my film. I've not had the time to sit down and think about what I want to do next.There has been so much workflow, mashallah. I have been busy completing my work commitments, but yes, that is on the line and I would definitely take that up. That is one of my dreams, so I will make that happen.

Who was your inspiration growing up?

My inspiration was my mum for sure. I know it's very clichd. I think for every girl growing up, you want to be like your mum. You draw inspiration from them. My mom is a very strong woman.She had five kids and she bought them up really well, mashallah. (Then there is) my dad of course. He was in Japan for 14 years and he worked really hard to bring us up.(My inspirations) are just my parents and their personalities; the way they have taught me to be worldly wise, have my faith in Allah and keep a balanced life. I think I am a complete mirror image of my parents.

Right now, what is your idea of happiness?

Something I have always thought in my life is that happiness is not (just) the outcome of good things that happen to you; happiness is also good things to happen to you. So basically I am happy in whatever state I am. Amazing things happen! Happiness is just a state of being. For me, the way I am, every single second I am happy; whether it is spending time with my family, connecting with friends over a cup of coffee, or when I report for my work. All of it is happiness.When I'm driving by and see small kids by the road, I just smile and that makes me happy. For me happiness is a state of being, it's not any particular thing.

Has the experience of doing two tough TV shows back-to-back changed you?

No, it hasn't changed me. I'm exactly the same person I was when I went into the shows, but it has made me mentally stronger. I feel the power in me to accept and let go; these are two things that have really made me stronger in my mind.I think acceptance and letting go of things are very important. With Khatron Ke Khiladi, I accepted I am a phatoo and let go of my fears. In the Bigg Boss house, every single day I accepted that not every person in the world has to like you.You have to let go of that and keep the good in you. I think it's made me mentally stronger, that's all. But I am still the same person.

Would you like to give us a message for your fans?

I don't know how I could ever put it into one or two sentences. I want to thank each and every one out there who has supported me, who has loved me unconditionally, who continue to love and support me.Thanks to all those who support me through Twitter - that is the only way I am in touch with fans. I make sure I reply to as many as I can. I would just request all of them to hang in there and support me. I will try my best to keep in touch with everybody because that is the only way I can fully appreciate their love.So thank you for helping me achieve my dreams. I hope and pray that I continue doing good work for you all. God bless all and sending love to everybody.

gauaharkhan8_1388138085

Edited by khamosshhh - 10 years ago
guys i was guessing why the hell i have a galactic siggy in a celebrity forum---just to put things in correct perspective, the brightest star is Gauhar itself outshining others😳😆
khamoshh you too have joined sonia n nitu club of bringing news, tweets----a big cheers to all three of u--- n of course ipriya and priya too😃
this place is looking like kurukshetra after mahabharata---desolate n boring---come on guys we can make it happening once again😊Edited by revolutionahead - 10 years ago
guys has gauhar already done JDJ 3 --i m not kinda sure---if not gauhar n mehek will rock together😃
Originally posted by revolutionahead

hoping gauhar recovers soon n gets back to work---i believe she has a couple of projects which she should wrap up before Fever promotions begin in full swing in June😊-- guess i m being too optimistic😆

yeah hopefully she get's all better asap! IIFA stuff starts soon... press conference, prep etc. IIFA weekend is April 24 to 26th in Tampa Bay, USA. 

guys has gauhar already done JDJ 3 --i m not kinda sure---if not gauhar n mehek will rock together😃

what do you mean rock together? Gauahar has already done JDJ back in 2009 and now Mahek is doing it this upcoming season! 

khamoshh you too have joined sonia n nitu club of bringing news, tweets----a big cheers to all three of u--- n of course ipriya and priya too😃
thank you for your appreciation. Actually its Lpriya my name is Lakshmi priya. Whatever happened is past. Lets have fresh start.
Originally posted by Gauahargeous_N

yeah hopefully she get's all better asap! IIFA stuff starts soon... press conference, prep etc. IIFA weekend is April 24 to 26th in Tampa Bay, USA. 

i believe IIFA is a big event where all bolly celebs come---this will give her visibility😃 hoping she rocks it