BIN TERE- RaHi OS[Updated pg 1...12]Updated chapter 19 Pg 12

aishwarya2905 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

TRRRing TRRRing         TRRRing TRRRing         TRRRing TRRRing         TRRRing TRRRing        

RV slapped his hand on the alarms head not wanting to get up. He wanted to swim deeper into the sheets but he knew that it was no good. He  was wide awake. The after math of the alarm had its side effect on him. He turned his head to the bright sunlight that filtered to his windows. He yawned; his head was still ringing with the alarms screech. With a lot of reluctance he sighed and pushed his sheets away still wasting time in bed hoping that... someone... he shook his head vigorously and pushed those thoughts away and got up. The room was deadly silent.

There was a distant beep coming from across the room. He looked at the wall sadly. The wall was decorated with   picture and ornate frames.  The contents of the picture made his heart beat faster.

This was a girl's business, you know... decorating the walls with pictures and stuff.  But strangely this girl's business was somehow handled by RV.

He had carefully chosen and put up each and every picture on the wall! pictures that reminded him that, miraculously she was alive, "Once upon a time". Though clumsy and disoriented, she made up for 25 years of her life, Healthy and unscathed.

RV got up slowly and walked towards the wall. He stood there for a moment apparently deciding which memory to live. He ran his hand on the picture when she was just 6. Her ponytails  propped up against her head to make two horns with RV taking no notice of her feeling and pulling it harder like some horses' reins . He snorted at that picture not because of the course of the event but because Panchi , his best friend, had her hands folded against her chest, face screwed up to show supposed anger, but her lips almost twitched to show a smile.

RV knew she loved the attention or rather she just liked seeing him happy. Even if it meant by making a complete fool of herself.

He walked towards another picture. They were in school ...though this pic was a school group photo, he had it nailed to the wall. Strange thing for a person like him to do so . But he only knew what was so

heartwarming about this picture.

The kids were made to stand height wise. Panchi was standing in the far left corner as she was quite tall at the age of 12. But RV wasn't. He stood Second to last in the right corner (No wonder he was called Nonu.) beside Dolly Mehta, his childhood crush. RV was just more than delighted in his position. But Moti wasn't . She had turned her neck to the extreme right . It almost looked as if she had sprained her neck. She did this to get a good view of RV who was now chatting animatedly with Dolly, who was batting her eyelashes and talking in a falsely girlish voice.

Panchi looked murderous.

RV laughed at that picture!!

"She can't tell the difference between a cow and a buffaloe", Panchi said after the picture had been taken cursing  Dolly.

She was hissing so madly that Samar who was standing right beside Panchi, wasted full 5 minutes checking his bottom flask for some leakage later in the Chemistry lab.

RV loved this picture. It reminded him as to how possessive she was .

He marched to the next picture, He was standing with Panchi in another fake Birthday party that he arranged so that Ruby's  father could take it to be real.

RV and Ruby were having their private moment behind a pillar. RV knew Panchi was standing somewhere within ear shot but he never cared "You have a beautiful face, the face of ...", He thought hard   "Medusa", he blurted. He heard someone choke into their glass... He knew Panchi had broken into fits of laughter and he now knew why.

"Remember Medusa is the goddess of disaster... She has snakes for hair and her skin is made of willow", Panchi said giving him a last minute revision on and English poem that he cared less about.

Ruby looked at him as if she was just being compared to a beauty pageant "Oooh!" She said blinking stupidly at him. "What else is so good about me baby",  she cooed which he hated so much.

He saw Panchi coming into the foreground and dancing with a pock-marked boy whose name was Mohit...no Rohit.. He couldn't tell.

"Err", he said nervously as he knew Panchi was watching him teasingly. "Your hair smells like a fruit cake", RV completed not sure about what he had just said.

Panchi mimed puking into her glass.

Ok..so this is my first and last os .. which i'll be updating tonite. Hope all of you are enjoying it.

Regards

Aishwarya

P.S I am dedicating this OS to my bestie Sujanya. I hope I am doing good. πŸ˜Š

Edited by aishwarya2905 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..WitchGrave.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
That was the best os funny , fab , little emotional
Last para rubi medusa 🀣
sweetdesire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Omg Aishwarya
I am feeling so nostalgic right now
u just brought all the memories back to me
My RaHi and their small small moments
The thing I love MOST abt My RaHi
and the moments u choose are so our RaHi
childhood one is super cute and adorable
And that Ruby wala toh best thaπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I am so waiting for you to continue it
Plz do that soon
can't wait to read more

Geet

Edited by sweetdesire - 10 years ago
--Akshu-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Aishwariya it was very nice,loved the way you described it,esp I loved that part when it was like he was deciding which memory to live

And then those memories
Were fab esp the childhood one so cute !!

Ruby one was hilarious loved it!!

Waiting for the next update,update it soon!!
A-Musing-Me thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Aishwarya can I say that I loved it completely...
What a beautiful walk down the memory lane...
Their relationship is for keeps was written all over this piece...loved the way rv had it assimilated in photographs...
Each one had such a unique story to tell... n the way u have included anecdotes is wow... humour the chosen medium works wonders..it left a smile on my face...πŸ˜ƒ..the medusa one had me in splits actually
N the way u have brought to the fore panchi's jealousy,  her possessiveness,  her teasing him is very well done...
Please dont say its your last...me loved it all n hope u do continue...

Thanks a ton for this...my perfect two are so beautifully etched here...wow...

Neha
aishwarya2905 thumbnail
Bin Tere... Chapter 2.

RV smiled ... He was a pro with handling girl's emotions. He probably even knew which girl was feeling what but it was never quite the same with Panchi. he never knew what she was thinking. Not because he never asked but somehow she was really good with hiding what she felt about.

He hated this about her. Specially now when this quality backfired really bad on her.

He was now standing in front of a picture, he had won the basketball match. He was all over the place about it. The girls furiously dabbed lip gloss on their lips just to try and slap the slimy thing on RV's cheek, but Panchi stood their beaming at him.  "Nonu, You have no Idea how proud I am of you now", she said pulling him into a rib cracking hug. He never complained about it. He always felt a strange warmth spread from his heart to his finger tips whenever she did that which was not the case with another person living or dead.

"Haven't you been to your competition", he asked her forgetting that she too had a quiz competition.

"I thought I'd lose it on the last question" , she said looking down at her feet

"Who Painted the famous "Vitruvian Man?" she said "I screamed Leonardo Da Vinci in ti..."

"Holy cow! C'mon Moti, Don't you know this Leonardo Da Vinci is this hero form Titanic", he said finishing heroically.

She gaped at me. "No he's the best American basketball player",  She finished looking at him ncredulously.

"Of course he is!" ,he said, as if it made any sense to him.

She never spoke to him for that entire day!

He bent double laughing at it. He never made any attempts to know who Leonardo Da Vinci was.

His  eyes wandered to the top most picture. "The Freedom Party". This event changed everything for once.

When Jaitely sir caught him and Ayesha getting intimate with each other, the only person he was hoping for a rescue mission was Panchi. But she denied of any relation with Ayesha. He knew Jaitely had him in for good.   His friendship with Panchi had snapped in a... heartbeat.

He  looked at the picture for god knows how long. He deliberately put it on the top to remind him of the highest  degree of stupidity he  had earned on that day.

He had given up his 15 years of friendship over a 15 day old of "virtual" relationship.

His fists felt cold. He suddenly realized that he was clenching it hard due to anger.

The damage was done.

She met with an accident. She had jumped in front of a car that was meant to kill RV. She was bleeding. Her head was on his lap. RV was numb with shock. He looked at her face. Despite the pain she was going through, her face was triumphant.  Just because she proved what an idiot RV was or whether she was just content about keeping RV alive, he never asked. Panchi always dogged this question.

But he was sure that it had to be the latter part, though he wouldn't be surprised even if he reserved the first option.  He had already earned his "highest degree of stupidity".

Her heart was in her right place thought RV wondered as he scanned a picture which marked their first day to college. She had forgiven him for his insanity. He wasn't sure if he had forgiven himself for the crimes he committed.

She never changed a bit . But things changed with him, faster than you could say RV. He had become cautious. He kept wondering about one question "What would she say?".

He dared not to hurt her again. He had learned his lesson the hard way. But Panchi always seems so oblivious to her surroundings and that she never cared about what changed in him.

That bothered him. He never knew why?

Edited by aishwarya2905 - 10 years ago
MyLifeMyRulz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It is amzing Aishwarya πŸ‘
Read both the parts loved it
And why last OS
I want to read more

Luv u
Ishitaa
A-Musing-Me thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Aishwarya loved the continuation...wow...
The way u moved from humour to sorrow was soo effortless..
Rv s so clueless when it comes to panchi n that football incident proved it...the way u jumped to that freedom party it brought an entire barrage f emotions n u nailed it... N that friendship snapping line is very good. 
And then the best part for me is the accident bit...loved rv's confusion n the way he lets it be n then the college bit too... he all cautious n changed n she oblivious n the way it bothered him...moi loved it all..
Loved this part too...though there is an evident change of tone but its well done... n the walk down the memory lane is getting more n more nostalgic n me all emotional...

M loving it...thanks
tinaswea thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awww.. the OS was indeed so perfect! 
I just loved it!
You described every little thing so properly!
You write so beautifully!
Uh should write more often!
Uh made me cry!
I loved the concept to the core!
It was a bit emotional! 
In short,  it was awesome! 
Loved it!
Keep writing such wonderful oses!
Lots of love
Tina
aishwarya2905 thumbnail

Part 3

RV's eyes came to halt on a picture. Panchi was crowned Miss Vista. He was sure he clapped the loudest. He felt happy about it, but wanted to kick himself for not letting a hand in her victory.

He was sure she'd lose if he intervened in her preparations. He was thankful to Jaitley sir for pushing her into a stage like this. But Panchi thanked someone else.

Avi and Omi. Her two new best friends. That's what she called them. These words came as a shock to him. He had never quite thought about her having friends.  At least not when he was around.  But she was happy with them and the thought of beheading them and cuss their head on his wall was put on back seat. Her happiness was his priority.

RV now narrowed his eyes to a very tiny passport size frame. His lips curled. It was Avi and Panchi together. Together in a ...in a Relationship. He too was committed then. To Rukmini.  But now she just seemed like an ant that crawled in the desert that was RV's life. Now he couldn't even remember her voice. She always was insignificant to him.

He hated Avi for some reason. Though Avi made himself a good friend but he was just not good enough for Moti. She was ... Delicate, a soap bubble. He was scared that if ever Avi would break her heart, he'd never have his best friend back to normal again.

He was right. She was gone without a word. Just like that.

Rv was miserable. He was alone. Something that he never was with Panchi around him. He never quite realized that how much of space Panchi had of her own in his life.

He missed her . He wished she'd come back. He wanted to hit her. Why on earth was she crying for a person who had not cared about her. Had she ever thought about what RV would feel when he'd learn the reason of her departure. God knows.

Rukmini kept trailing him wherever he went. He wished she'd stop doing that. He wanted to wheel around and scream on her face but he knew she wasn't Panchi who'd just take the blow without a word.

KD and Piddi were helping him a lot. They kept teasing him about what blunders he was making. As if he wasn't sad enough to add to the misery. 

"You have to sing", KD forced him for the nth time.

"No", RV said glaring at his lot.

"For me", pleaded Rukmini innocently. RV looked up at her. He felt sorry for her. She didn't have to go through all this. RV's isolation, his anger. But she was putting up with him. But he felt angry on her too. It was her choice to bear RV and make him look like an idiot.

"Fine", RV said throwing up his arms in exasperation.

**********************

It took some time for his eyes to adjust to the spotlight. He knew every pair of eyes were glued to him. But he didn't care. The pair of eyes that he longed to see were absent.

Lost n lonely coz you're the only
One that knows me and I can't be without you
Lost n lonely coz you're the only
One that knows me and I can't be without you

That was true!!

The words just slipped form his mouth as if they were aching to get out of it.

Hai kya yeh jo tere mere darmiyaan hai
Andekhi ansuni koi dastaan hai
Hai kya yeh jo tere mere darmiyaan hai
Andekhi ansuni koi dastaan hai
Lagne lagi, ab zindagi khaali
Hai meri lagne lagi har saans bhi khaali (lost n lonely)
Bin tere, bin tere, bin tere (lost n lonely)
Koi khalish hai hawayon mein bin tere (lost n lonely)

He knew Kd was watching him. Or maybe he was observing him. He looked at KD.

He gave an understanding nod.

Ajnabi se huye kyun pal saare
Yeh nazar se nazar yeh milaate hi nahin
Ik ghani tanhai cha rahi hai
Manzilein raaston mein hi gum hone lagi
Ho gayi ansuni har dua ab meri
Reh gayi ankahi bin tere (lost n lonely)

He just imagined her. Panchi his best friend. She needed him.

But he needed her even more badly.

Edited by aishwarya2905 - 10 years ago