{| Doubts and Discussions about Mahabharata - 2 |} - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
I assumed Satyavati wanted one more because both the babies were useless.. but yes I dint see any of his sickness mentioned anywhere else than the pale skin.. I meant Inability to mate..

and no the shooting was not like that of Dasaratha or Karna.. it was intentional.. so that makes me question his ability and also any supposed secret behind the paleness..

"Vaisampayana said, 'O king, one day Pandu, while roaming about in the woods (on the southern slopes of the Himavat) that teemed with deer and wild animals of fierce disposition, saw a large deer, that seemed to be the leader of a herd, serving his mate. Beholding the animals, the monarch pierced them both with five of his sharp and swift arrows winged with golden feathers."

can someone please post the part where draupadi takes up the vow to wash her hair in dusshasan's blood? and quote the source also cause i cannot find it in KMG.
Did Abhimanyu really elope wid Vatsala (daughter of Balrama) who was Duryodhan's son Laxman's fiancee and Laxman after this incident took oath that he will neva marry or is it a folklore? 
Originally posted by Rushika

Did Abhimanyu really elope wid Vatsala (daughter of Balrama) who was Duryodhan's son Laxman's fiancee and Laxman after this incident took oath that he will neva marry or is it a folklore? 

No, he didn't.  He had only 1 wife - Uttara.  The Vatsala story is a southern folk tale, and has about as much legitimacy as the POI stories, or the one about Draupadi & the roseapple tree.
Originally posted by .Vrish.

No, he didn't.  He had only 1 wife - Uttara.  The Vatsala story is a southern folk tale, and has about as much legitimacy as the POI stories, or the one about Draupadi & the roseapple tree.
thanks Vrish for clarifying it ðŸ˜Š
You are welcome.

This thing is overdone.  Even in the MB, there was no Arjun-Duryodhan contest over Subhadra, the way it's portrayed in both BRC and here.  In Shrimad Bhagvatam, there was an incident where Jambavati's son Samba abducted Duryodhan's daughter Laxmanaaa from her own swayamvara, and got captured by the Kauravas.  Balarama intervened to get him released, along w/ Laxmanaa, who had no choice but to marry him, even though she disdained him.

But the Abhimanyu-Laxman contest over Vatsala was OTT.  Nothing like it ever happened.
Can I have the exact sections in which Bhishma vadh is described, I have a doubt against the popular opinion of arjuna placing Shikhandi before him to wound Bhishma.

I hope I can use this thread for asking sections, if not I'll edit my post. 
Edited by TheWatcher - 10 years ago
You can.  Start @ section 65 or 66 of Bheeshma parva, and read on from there. Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
I have a question regarding bheeshma vadh.arjuna had shikhandini on his chariot because bheeshma would not attack her.but in text still he was fighting with arjuna till end.and shikhandi arrows could not harm/cause much more pain to bheeshma.so how was using shikhandi helpful to arjuna? they were fighting till end? or did I miss something? or arjuna placed shikhandi fore only when he pierced bheeshma?
Then Sikhandin, taking up a mighty weapon and protected by Kiritin, rushed impetuously towards Bhishma alone. The unvanquished Vibhatsu then, knowing what should be done after what, slew all those that followed Bhishma, and then himself rushed at him.

The above quote indicates that Shikhandi wasn't on Arjuna's chariot all the time. There are several other sentences. On one occasion Bhishma immediately withdrew his celestial weapon as soon as Shikhandi came ahead Arjuna.