{| Doubts and Discussions about Mahabharata - 2 |} - Page 5

Posted: 9 years ago
Okay, so  Pashupatastra was not used against Jaydrath. Maybe some other celestial weapon. Pashupatastra is often mentioned in KMG as the "Raudra" or Rudra weapon

Originally posted by srishtisingh

I was watching old episode of sp mb.rukmi cursed that rukmini will get separated from krishna.did it really happen.because I read one post abt rukmini ashram where rukmini lived.plz elaborate

The only time Rukmini was separated from Krishna was when she was widowed.  Unless one counts all the time Krishna spend w/ the Pandavas, thereby being absent from Rukmini.  But wouldn't her 10 sons & 1 daughter have kept her busy?
Originally posted by TheWatcher

In KMG, does arjuna use pashupatasrta against Jaydrath?, because in some version's he does use pashupatastra while in other translations he uses a normal arrow.

It's a bit unclear.  What is mentioned is that on the night b4 the battle, he had a dream where he asks Krishna how he could kill Jayadrath when the latter was surrounded by so many enemies.  Krishna advised him to get the Pashupatastra from Mahadev, which he then did.

Originally posted by TheWatcher

Okay, so  Pashupatastra was not used against Jaydrath. Maybe some other celestial weapon. Pashupatastra is often mentioned in KMG as the "Raudra" or Rudra weapon

The battle description otoh doesn't describe him as using that weapon, but the dream seems to suggest that Jayadrath was who he used that weapon on.  Which was appropriate given that Jayadrath had been blessed by Shiva.
Edited by .Vrish. - 9 years ago
wow meaning jaydrath was such a formidable enemy he got such a strong weapon used against him 😛
Yeah, someone who could defeat YBNS and the rest of the Pandava army - Satyaki, Ghatotkacha, Draupadi's sons, et al - was certainly formidable enough in his own right.  Even if he was a coward.

The reason the Pasupatastra had to be used on him was that he was blessed by Mahadev himself.  Typically, warriors who had Mahadev's blessings would need special weapons in order to get slain.
I have a doubt! why it was always mahadev and brahma giving boons?what abt vishnu? was he tough to please or tricky to grant boons
Only Vishnu boon I've ever read about was to Dhruva.

No asura/rakshasha ever went to Vishnu for a boon since they knew he was partial to the devas.  Among humans, I don't know who would have meditated on Vishnu for a boon, other than Dhruva above.
I like vishnuji though. he is a tricky guy.I watched few episodes of vishnu puran.vishnu ji kind of is more involved in conflict sorting
Nakula & Sahdeva are BOTH sons of Madri. Yudi said that he wanted to be fair to both Kunti & Madri, and THAT is why he chose Nakula to be revived at the end of Yaksha prashna. In that case, whose son was Sahdeva? Wasn't Sahdeva Madri's son as well? 
I know the yaksha asked for ONLY one brother to be revived, but if it is just a question of "fairness" towards both Kunti & Madri, then why Nakula over Sahdeva? 
Or was it the case of Sahdeva being Kunti's "maa ka laadla", so Yudi felt that Sahdeva had a closer connect to Kunti rather than Madri, and therefore, Nakula becomes the "Madrinandan" in THIS scenario?

Nakul was elder twin.. I cant think of anyother reason..