Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

1) Draupadi vowed not to tie her hair until it is coloured with Dushasan's blood.

2) Also Bheem does this(applying blood to Draupadi's hair)

Are these from Ved Vyas Mahabharat!?

If yes plz give me links to the respective parvas.Thank You!
...Diala... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Cool n Fresh.. some of us are looking for this.. I dont think it is there anywhere.. should be an interpolation.. for extra masala..
chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ...Diala...

Cool n Fresh.. some of us are looking for this.. I dont think it is there anywhere.. should be an interpolation.. for extra masala..

I searched in Sabha Parva but nothing as such was mentioned(Draupadi's Vow).The next option is killing of Duhshasan...can you plz tell me in which book and which parva Bhim killed him!?

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
CnF

Bhima did vow to drink Dushashan's blood - which he later told Gandhari was symbolic - but neither did Draupadi vow to tie her hair in his blood, nor did Bhima do her that favor.

Bhima kills Dushashan in Karna Parva, just b4 the battle b/w Vrishasena & the Pandavas, which ends in Arjun killing Vrishasena.
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
While staking Bhanumati Duryodhan said that she is Kashi princess n Bheem's other wife Valadara I guess is also a Kashi princess. .so is there any relation of Bhanumati or Bheem's other wife? 😕
Vr15h thumbnail
Rushika

Actually, in the KMG version, Duryodhan's wife is unnamed.  There is one story about Karna helping him abduct a princess of Kalinga, who he then married.  This happened very early, b4 even the lakshagriha.

Bhanumati has been universally described as the princess of Trigartha.  She had a sister named Jalandhara who was attracted to Bhima, but never married him.  Probable reason - her kingdom was already allied to the Kauravas via Bhanumati-Duryodhan, so there is no way they could have supported the Pandavas, which would have been customary had Jalandhara married Bhima.  Bhanumati's brother was Susharma, who in the actual epic is enemy of Keechak & Virata, and troubled the Pandavas throughout the war: Arjun killed him on day 18.  During the Ashwamedha yagna again, that kingdom was one of the few to offer a tough resistance to Arjun.

Valandhara - a princess w/ a similar name - was princess of Kashi, and did marry Bhima.  Bhima entertained her father w/ his mahlyuddha skills, and requested her hand in marriage.  They had a son Sarvaga.  Kashi fought on the Pandava side in the war.
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thnks Vrish for explaining the intricate web of these relations 😊 so Bhanumati is a fictional character? 
Vr15h thumbnail
Yes & no!!!  Sorta like Vrushali - Duryodhan did have a wife or more, but their names are unknown.
...Diala... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I would say Bhanumathi and Vrishali are fictional names of real characters..
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Rushika

While staking Bhanumati Duryodhan said that she is Kashi princess n Bheem's other wife Valadara I guess is also a Kashi princess. .so is there any relation of Bhanumati or Bheem's other wife? 😕

in Krishnavtar by Dr. Munshi, it is mentioned that Jalandhara and Bhanumati are sisters.. in fact, it was mentioned tht their older sister was married to duryodhan who died childless, so Bhanumati was married to duryodhan, then SHE died in childbirth, so Jalandhara was to be married to duryodhan, but she chose Bhima in her swayamvar..
Edited by anu rulz - 10 years ago