Does every line needs consideration while interpreting Scriptures - Page 2

Poll

Do you believe in every line from the Puranas/Epics!?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Ok wait, this is actually the first Kalpa of Brahma's 51st year sorry. So Brahma's age is 100 years, which is, oh my.. 36000 Kalpas!!! Varaali, am I right?
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

I will give you a simple explanation. Difference in Kalpas. Whenever I come across a different version, this is the reason I mostly think of. And this is the 51st Kalpa, Shveta Varaha Kalpa, out of 100 Kalpas. So there are basically 50 different versions before us..😆

So Ramayan took place 50 times in 50 different styles and the same applies to Mahabharat and SBP and other historical events!?
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cool-n-Fresh

So Ramayan took place 50 times in 50 different styles and the same applies to Mahabharat and SBP and other historical events!?But why this mixture of events ?why couldn't they maintain a seperate account?

Originally posted by: Cool-n-Fresh

Hidden meanings!?

But what to do when there are 2 or more different versions??How can we believe in every line of each and every text?😕

AH! on hidden meanings, in the seventh Canto.

hiranyakasipur uvaca

prahradanucyatam tata

svadhitam kincid uttamam

kalenaitavatayusman

yad asiksad guror bhavan

Hiranyakasipu tells Prahlada:
My dear son, you have learnt so many things from your teachers over a long time, so oh LONG LIVED ONE, tell me what you learnt.

Here, the CAPS, refers to "Ayushman" in the sloka. The hidden meaning is, Hiranyakasipu, who practiced such ghor tapasya, has enough power to grant boons to anyone, and the words uttered by him are "Prahlada Bhavan (you) Ayushman (Long lived) [Bhava] (become)."

Thus, Hiranyakasipu grants Prahlada a long life, and this is why he was totally unable to kill him.
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Nice!👏 Now answer the question above asap!
Yes, it must be boring for Brahma, daily he has to see the same episode,.. what can he do?
Thats why the actors and the characters change a bit and the director (aka Vishnu/Mahadev) adds some masala.

For instance, Krishna is not the avatara of only Lord Vishnu.
In different Kalpas, sometimes Vishnu, sometimes Shiva, sometimes Kaali Devi, and sometimes Bhagavan Sri Krsna himself takes this incarnation. This Kalpa was the incarnation of both Narayana and Krsna (though both are the same Personality of Godhead, Narayana is the Protector form of Krsna).
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Nice Poll Cherry.
Ok I Will Edit My Answer.
(:
_gReenheaRt_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Actually, the basic fact that so and so Avatar is God is ancient,great and higher than everything.All the Purans,Epics,tales...are born out of this fact and finally merge into it.
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SilverBell

Nice Poll Cherry.
Ok I Will Edit My Answer.
(:

Why did you edit!?😆
Edited by Cool-n-Fresh - 10 years ago
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRUJAconscience

Actually, the basic fact that so and so Avatar is God is ancient,great and higher than everything.All the Purans,Epics,tales...are born out of this fact and finally merge into it.

Sorry!I didn't get it!?😕