Does every line needs consideration while interpreting Scriptures - Page 4

Poll Question :

Do you believe in every line from the Puranas/Epics!?

Poll Choice
Yes,I believe in every line
No,I don't
Can't say!It Depends on.....(plz specify your consideration)
A big NO to scriptures rather I utilize my conscience
I can absorb only the outline of a narration
Taking the frame I build my own story
Anyother(plz specify)
Login To Vote
Posted: 9 years ago
So after the Samudra Manthan, there was a great war between Devas and asuras, right?
SO I was going thru the list of the demons and gods...

Demons include:  Namuci, Sambara, Bana, Vipracitti, Ayomukha, Dvimurdha, Kalanabha, Praheti, Heti, Ilvala, Sakuni, Bhutasantapa, Vajradamshtra, Virocana, Hayagriva, Sankusira, Kapila, Meghadundubhi, Taraka, Cakradrik, Sumbha, Nisumbha, Jambha, Utkala, Arishta, Arishtanemi, Tripuradhipa, Maya, the sons of Puloma, the Kaleyas and Nivatakavacas.

This list includes Namuchi, Shambara, Hayagriva, Tarakasura (yes, our Takki), Shumbha, Nishumbha, Tripurasuras (the three sons of Takki), and others, and later on, Mahishasura.
The above asuras each have their own story right? Like, we always have heard like, one by one each asura does tapasya, conquers heaven, then gets defeated?

Well, this list includes all those individual asuras. And then the next list of devas fighting these asuras:
 Maharaja Bali fought with Indra, Karttikeya with Taraka, Varuna with Heti, and Mitra with Praheti. Yamaraja fought with Kalanabha, Visvakarma with Maya Danava, Tvashta with Sambara, and the sun-god with Virocana. The demigod Aparajita fought with Namuci, and the two Asvini-kumara brothers fought with Vrishaparva. The sun-god fought with the one hundred sons of Maharaja Bali, headed by Bana, and the moon-god fought with Rahu. The demigod controlling air fought with Puloma, and Sumbha and Nisumbha fought the supremely powerful material energy, Durgadevi, who is called Bhadra Kali. Lord Siva fought with Jambha, and Vibhavasu fought with Mahishasura. Ilvala, along with his brother Vatapi, fought the sons of Lord Brahma. Durmarsha fought with Cupid, the demon Utkala with the Matrika demigoddesses, Brihaspati with Sukracarya, and Sanaiscara with Narakasura. The Maruts fought Nivatakavaca, the Vasus fought the Kalakeya demons, the Visvedeva demigods fought the Pauloma demons, and the Rudras fought the Krodhavasa demons, who were victims of anger.

So, I thought, there can be two possibilities:
1. The war after Samudra Mathana was a very long one and each asura fought one after the other.
2. Though the story of each asura is dealt with separately, all of tem fought in the same war.

So, what do you all think? Which can be the most possible?
Posted: 9 years ago
Ok, most probably no one would see this, but, then...
I was scouring Srimad Bhagavatam again, and discovered this gem:

eka eva pura vedah
pranavah sarva-vanmayah
devo narayano nanya
eko 'gnir varna eva ca
In the Satya-yuga, the first millennium, all the Vedic mantras were included in one mantra " pranava, the root of all Vedic mantras. In other words, the Atharva Veda alone was the source of all Vedic knowledge. The Supreme Personality of Godhead Narayana was the only worshipable Deity; there was no recommendation for worship of the demigods. Fire was one only, and the only order of life in human society was known as hamsa.

So, wow.
Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 9 years ago