Debate Mansion

Narendra Modi's Marriage .........!!! He is GREAT - Page 2

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
@Dia and Monar

For a child bride to be left by her husband in India is a much more difficult circumstance than a child bride running away.  Double standards yes. Our Indian society is such. I wish he had left before marriage. But when you are that young, such pressure is hard to deal with.

That being said I was unaware Modi offered divorce and she turned it down. The news articles made it sound like he abandoned her. If they are mutually separated then I have no right to complain. At least he offered her an opportunity to move on.

I still wish he had acknowledge the situation more openly. Just more transparency as a national figure, not necessary, but nice.After all he is the next great leader with a public image of celibacy without a domestic life and dedicated entirely to his political mission and nation.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

This content was originally posted by: LovelyPlanet

marriage and taking care of the family makes a person more responsible not less. people who choose not to marry do that for selfish reasons.

So coming back to Modi it was probably fine to abandon wife @ 17 but should have accepted her later when he had become capable.married people do jobs just as well as unmarried ones do. Having family makes people more compassionate and empathise with others problems better.

Thanks for the laugh 😆...Second bold: Awww, really. Seems like marriage should be made mandatory for all the criminals and psychopaths who lack the above attributes 😆
This content was originally posted by: charminggenie

Again he has done nothing wrong technically or otherwise, it has been a known fact since he assumed the office of Gujarat CM. Judge his shades on the basis of his governance and policies which have far more implications in this elections. Cong is grasping straws with this one, they have too many "relationship" skeletons in their own closet

Exactly, this issue doesn't even seem like an issue when most of the Indian political leaders have lot worse hidden under the table...
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: LovelyPlanet

marriage and taking care of the family makes a person more responsible not less. people who choose not to marry do that for selfish reasons.

So coming back to Modi it was probably fine to abandon wife @ 17 but should have accepted her later when he had become capable.married people do jobs just as well as unmarried ones do. Having family makes people more compassionate and empathize with others problems better.

What are you saying ?? Totally meaningless 🥱

As per your writings , marriage MUST be compulsory in world ...isn't it ?

He is capable as well as her wife is capable financially

But he Left her because he is NOT interested in marriage life , Children & all that THEN WHY he should accept her ??

Just for proving himself As Perfect Husband...!! To show world that he is capable ...??!!!!

He is RESPONSIBLE highly not with his family but towards nation

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

@Genie

At least I was unaware of the existence of Modi's wife. Everything that I always heard was that Rahul Gandhi and Modi were confirmed bachelors. It may be an obscurely known fact, but it would be wrong  to assume it is a well-known fact.  

I am not sure how vested you are in Indian politics but anyone who has followed Modi since 2002 and even before would have not missed the front page headlines in National newspapers and channels where it was acknowledged that Modi had a child bride who he has no contact with for the past 45 years. This time he has addressed his marital status - that is fact . Rest was well known and easily accessible to anyone who tried looking for it. 

I am sure for many people this is a non-issue. Modi's marital status is irrelevant to his capabilities as a political leader. For many people his focus on national service over his personal life is actually a commendable factor. However, you have to understand that this still does matter to others. On a personal level I am uncomfortable with the fact that his wife is an obscure fact. It does bother me that he abandoned his wife. I'm sure there are many people like me out there. That doesn't mean Modi is a bad person at all. And yes Congress is totally playing a game with people like me who are uncomfortable with such issues. Congress is indeed playing a dirty game to discredit Modi. But it is a matter, and it is a grey matter as people have to think through and decide what is more important to them.  

@Bold - debatable. And totally caters to awareness about Modi or Indian politics. 

From a purely legal perspective. Modi has done absolutely nothing wrong. There is no legal compulsion to disclose marital status. Even from certain ethical standpoint there is no need to acknowledge a paper relationship.

I don't see him abandoning his wife. They both were equal victims of a social evil , where for whatever social reasons they were forced into this illegal practice. In a period of 3 months , she has stayed with him for 3 days , where he made it clear to her that he doesn't want to stay married. Gave her an out and also encouraged her to educate herself. Then both of them went out on their own path. She is a retired successful govt teacher  and he went on to be a 3 time CM.
Both him and his wife has maintained no marital bed was shared , documented since 2002.

His campaign has been about being a single man who has no domestic life, hence his sole focus would be on India. 45 years of estrangement and 3 terms as the most powerful man in Gujarat , still he has not being known to horde for his family. Feel free to judge him on his political career or his ideologies. But why blame a 17 year old child marriage victim for seeking an out from the social evil. He should have gone before marriage or not , is circumstantial and reeks of unfair judgmental. His marriage was and is illegal by Indian Constitution. 

It is actually bold of him to mention this when he had a legal out. he did this before elections, knowing well the headlines would cover his personal life. So where is he wrong?  He chose to out this information, was not forced or legally obliged. So where is the questioning of lying or hiding.  He actually brought all the transparency about his life on the table , before the elections.

Edited by charminggenie - 10 years ago
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Congress is poor using word "HIDE" for Modi & Marriage ðŸ˜†

This is that congress in it's governance ...TODAY ladies are highly unsafe everywhere & very specially In capital Delhi ...where 1 lady CM of Congress was from last 15 years 😉 still high note of rape cases

To everyone please WATCH tonight at 10.00 PM ...India TV & Aap Ki Adalat

Mr. Modi is coming to give interview to Rajat Sharma

It's Exclusive interview Very 1st time in Media after his PM candidate declaration

And compare it with Rahul's interview with Arnab in January this year

vast difference between personalities
This content was originally posted by: Proud-India

To everyone please WATCH tonight at 10.00 PM ...India TV & Aap Ki Adalat

Mr. Modi is coming to give interview to Rajat Sharma

It's Exclusive interview Very 1st time in Media after his PM candidate declaration

Thanks for sharing this info. I am watching it right now.

I am not very versed with politics. Read bits and pieces here and there. And from what I have read and watched, this man seems impressive. He is diplomatic when needed and straightforward when it's asked. Of course, he is far from perfect and no one is perfect or epitome of virtue in politics. So end of the day, it's all about choosing the lesser evil. And the person whose aim was clear since his teens and who has the experience of being the CM for the last decade or so, seems like a better candidate compared to those who lack both experience and passion for politics.
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

@Dia and Monar

For a child bride to be left by her husband in India is a much more difficult circumstance than a child bride running away.  Double standards yes. Our Indian society is such. I wish he had left before marriage. But when you are that young, such pressure is hard to deal with.

That being said I was unaware Modi offered divorce and she turned it down. The news articles made it sound like he abandoned her. If they are mutually separated then I have no right to complain. At least he offered her an opportunity to move on.

I still wish he had acknowledge the situation more openly. Just more transparency as a national figure, not necessary, but nice.After all he is the next great leader with a public image of celibacy without a domestic life and dedicated entirely to his political mission and nation.

well yes his sudden recent decision wasn't the best idea.. he could have continued to keep it under raps. or he's really cunning and wanted the congress to start bitching about it and look like fools. not sure what he was proving by revealing it.. or maybe he just didnt keep in contact with her and just didnt have interest in it.
stewie_griffin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
jo bolna hai bolo yaar 
abki baar modi sarkar ðŸ¤£
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RRIQvViQw0

modi in aap ki adaalat