Posted: 9 years ago
Okay so I love all books. I like adult books too. Some of my favourite authors write adult books ie. Jofi Picoult, aurthur conan doyle etc. But I have to admit Young Adult books are much better. Even my mom reads them, you know chori chori chupke chupke. So I am gonna recommend some books that I think are definitely worth a read. 

The fault in our stars by John green. ( in shailene woodley's words, it's a story about two kids with cancer but it's not about cancer. It's just definitely worth your time. You will probably cry a river and yearn for your own augustus waters but it has been one of those books that made me feel happy inside.)

Looking for alaska by john green (as you can see I am John green fan. It's a book about adolescence, self-discovery and everything in between. It's just really good. Go read it.)

The hunger games thrilogy by suzanne collins ( it has a strong female protagonist and a stronger message. "The only thing stronger than fear is hope.")

Divergent thrilogy by veronica roth ( it is a good read as far as dystopians go. Did I mention dystopian is my favourite genre? Great characters and a very interesting concept. Make time for it. )

13 reasons why by jay asher ( this one is really good but it can get a little depressing. Just keep reading. It deals with teenage angst depression and ultimately suicide.)

Rebel belle by racheal hawkins ( this one is a silly laughter riot. It makes you laugh out loud, probably till you cry. There are a few books from this series that has yet to come out so take your time with it.)

The book thief by markus zusak ( this one is BRILLIANT. It gives us a unique perspective to the World War 2. It's about a German girl who hides a Jew in her home. It makes us hate and love humanity. It's a remarkable read. Told in the perspective of death itself this book is one to watch out for.

There are many more and I will keep updating you guys with them. Also please add your own young adult book recommendations. I will add it to my own to-read list.

Edited by -mist-angel- - 9 years ago
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (A very engaging read. I mostly love the suspense that's in the books.)

Harry Potter series is a set that I will always recommend as a few of the best YA books.
apart from that, The uglies series was pretty nice...very imaginative and set in the future.

christopher pike books are pretty nice as well.

I like a lot of classics too so anything by Jane Austen, and Lord of the Rings.

Will come back and edit this if I think of more.

I always find that when I need to list things, I can't think of them...lol
Originally posted by bookworm-ALS--

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (A very engaging read. I mostly love the suspense that's in the books.)

I am reading the infernal devices now and it is so good. If the mortal instruments are even half as good as TID, I am sure I will love it.
Originally posted by love_iqbal_khan

Harry Potter series is a set that I will always recommend as a few of the best YA books.
apart from that, The uglies series was pretty nice...very imaginative and set in the future.

christopher pike books are pretty nice as well.

I like a lot of classics too so anything by Jane Austen, and Lord of the Rings.

Will come back and edit this if I think of more.

I always find that when I need to list things, I can't think of them...lol
I am one of those rare and pathetic human beings who has never read any of the harry potter books but I swear I am going to rectify it. I will finish this series soon enough. 
I heard good things about uglies. It is on my to read list along with thr delirium series. My favourite classic book is definitely catcher in the rye. If you like Jane Austen I am sure you will love catcher in the rye.
Edited by -mist-angel- - 9 years ago
Originally posted by -mist-angel-

I am one of those rare and pathetic human beings who has never read any of the harry potter books but I swear I am going to rectify it. I will finish this series soon enough. 
I heard good things about uglies. It is on my to read list along with thr delirium series. My favourite classic book is definitely catcher in the rye. If you like Jane Austen I am sure you will love catcher in the rye.

Harry Potter ties in a lot of different things into one series...family, friendship, teacher-student bonds, humanity in general...and I think that's what drew me to it in the first place...

I love Catcher in the Rye...see what I mean?  usually I have all sorts of references to books/movies/songs...but the minute someone asks me to list things its all gone out of my mind.😆

Uglies was good...I know people who loved it and people who disliked it...but those who disliked it are more into books that are closer to the reality or who don't like sci-fi...Uglies isn't TOO high on the sci-fi quotient but its got it's fair share...

I also like these new novel trends that have started where they take a classic and put a recent hype's twist to it...like with Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice'...they put a zombie twist on it and the adaptation was called 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.'  I found it interesting how they dared to take a classic and make modifications to it with all that imagination.😳
My list of favourite books in the YA genre - 
1. Harry Potter
2. The Hunger Games
3. The Mortal Instruments
4. Divergent
5. The Perks of Being A Wallflower
6. Vampire Academy

Originally posted by -Shani-

My list of favourite books in the YA genre - 
1. Harry Potter
2. The Hunger Games
3. The Mortal Instruments
4. Divergent
5. The Perks of Being A Wallflower
6. Vampire Academy

omg...I can't believe that all I've read from this list is 'Harry Potter'...for some reason..I was never pulled into the Hunger Games madness...maybe I shall join soon...

is Vampire Academy similar to Twilight? o.O  or is it more alongside the 'Thirst' series by Christopher Pike (if you've heard of it/read it)?
Originally posted by love_iqbal_khan

omg...I can't believe that all I've read from this list is 'Harry Potter'...for some reason..I was never pulled into the Hunger Games madness...maybe I shall join soon...

is Vampire Academy similar to Twilight? o.O  or is it more alongside the 'Thirst' series by Christopher Pike (if you've heard of it/read it)?
I haven't read 'Thirst', but I can safely assure you that Vampire Academy does NOT involve "sparkly" vampires...
Originally posted by -Shani-

I haven't read 'Thirst', but I can safely assure you that Vampire Academy does NOT involve "sparkly" vampires...

Its not the sparkly vampire that bothered me...lol...I thought it was imaginative of her to come up with something that was so off from the usual image of vampires...

it was the fact that it was a "vampire" novel...it was NOT a vampire novel...it was a damn love story..lol...