Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Summer3

So tell me , does your goal keep shifting  as to what you really want  or whatever is most important to you? like wife, life, happiness, peace, wealth, music, movies, dance ?
This is an open topic so please feel to express.

What is most important to me is to know how anything can exist. Existence (real or virtual) is illogical and doesn't make an iota of sense.
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Spiritual/mental/financial/physical healthiness are important.. at the same time, I know they'll all fall in place once a person is financiallly sound . If one attains financial fullfilment, he can attain mental, then physical and then spiritual happiness... One is linked to other.

But there's no guarantee in that.

So, I'd say emotional and spiritual well being would be important... whether your financially/physically well off or not.

Also, after reading K.Universe's post... I am reminded of those times where I just want to attain a state where my mind would just STOP thinking, wondering.. Infact, the very moment I would start questioning the existence, my mind would stop... it'd be blank. And I feel that blankness was the very answer. Then, I'd remain, I'd feel like just being there, floating like a part of the existence/universe, be one with the existence/universe/God... One cannot know, or maybe, one can know - if he can accept the answerless-ness as an answer... that "it is all, as such" .

And, that is why life has such a mysterious beauty.

PS --- Sorry if I dont make sense. Talking about things like these only make you look more crazy than what is already going on inside you.  

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 9 years ago
K.Universe. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

One cannot know, or maybe, one can know - if he can accept the answerless-ness as an answer... that "it is all, as such" .

Very well put.

PS --- Sorry if I dont make sense. Talking about things like these only make you look more crazy than what is already going on inside you. 

Not at all. Whatever you said was very earnest, very perceptive and made perfect sense.

Problem I see is that the awareness can't ever be unaware. In your case, even when you were experiencing the oneness, awareness is aware of that singular experience.

It is impossible to go from existence to non-existence because awareness is aware that there is this existence at some point in time. The existence could be that of any entity. God or Universe or Consciousness or whatever.

The point I tried to raise was: how could there have been existence "in the first place"? Was it like, there was nothing one "moment" and then in the next "moment", something became aware that something is there? How is it possible for something to just come into existence? Just HOW?! It doesn't make any damn sense.

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Problem I see is that the awareness can't ever be unaware. In your case, even when you were experiencing the oneness, awareness is aware of that singular experience. 

It is impossible to go from existence to non-existence because awareness is aware that there is this existence at some point in time. The existence could be that of any entity. God or Universe or Consciousness or whatever.

That (the Invisible-Absolute) is whole; whole is this (the visible phenomenal); from the Invisible Whole comes forth the visible whole. Though the visible whole has come out from that Invisible Whole, yet the Whole remains unaltered.
All existence is in the Absolute; and whatever exists, must exist in It; hence all manifestation
is merely a modification of the One Supreme Whole,and neither increases nor diminishes It. Th Whole therefore remains unaltered.( From The Upanishads)

If this is to be accorded for , "awareness" is transitional ,temporary, it might be partially aware of the unaware, it cannot understand the sum all considering it is just a minute part of the equation. Especially if the absolute is infinite, awareness with it's restricted knowledge can only reach upto a finite point . If the sum total is absolute and unaltered  , I don't think the awareness ever will come into the play.Does that make sense?

The point I tried to raise was: how could there have been existence "in the first place"? Was it like, there was nothing one "moment" and then in the next "moment", something became aware that something is there? How is it possible for something to just come into existence? Just HOW?! It doesn't make any damn sense.

So correct me if I am wrong but you are seeking the answers about the "Absolute"? Should we perhaps look inside us , if part of the energy is enclosed within the atom , won;t that be a clue to what the absolute is made up so. But then how would be define something so infinite into time and energy. 

Phew, totally random chase of thoughts , you left here, Mr K. But well here was my rambling trying to make sense of your questions.

@On Topic:  I value everything. 
Edited by charminggenie - 9 years ago
K.Universe. thumbnail
Genie,

One way of putting the question is - how is there something rather than nothing?

That to me is the most important to know as far as this topic is concerned.

The actual discussion of that can happen in some other (new?) topic.

Later!
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: King-Anu

I love everything grand..everything that puts me in context

mountains - i have seen some huge ones in Pakistan. We reached a place at night. It was dark. I could not see anything. In morning I came out with tea and I was like WHATTT..lol From left to right, we had beautiful, pristine, white mountains...valley in between. I have seen places where I am at the bottom and in front is straight 1000s of feet mountain. One cannot forget those things.

desert - has its own beauty. miles and miles of empty space. no water, nothing..you are like a speck of dust

falls/ so much water falling

canyons...

ocean...as i kid i once went to sea side. the road was such that it was on a hill so we could not see the sea but when we reached top suddenly we could see the whole thing..it was as of suddenly something endless came in front.. i got scared

green- it is very soothing to see green villages

sky - this puts earth into context...who am I. billions and billions of stars...empty space. who is beyond that..what is beyond someone who is beyond that beyond that...and what is beyond...ok u got the picture. lol

These are important things in life...these are answers that I am looking for. Who am I? Why do I matter? There are billions like me? who cares...we dont need what is important to me..we need answers to these questions.

Yes it does open our eyes, the grandeur we see around us. Even great acts of love and sacrifice are inspiring.
It is crazy sometimes in that we come across the best and the worst co-existing together.

Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Genie,

One way of putting the question is - how is there something rather than nothing?

That to me is the most important to know as far as this topic is concerned.

The actual discussion of that can happen in some other (new?) topic.

Later!

Ah Mr. K the enternal search continues ... perhaps one life time is not enough, so might as well enjoy the company of good friends and relatives while we are here.😆
I guess we have to go beyond the mind.
Originally posted by: King-Anu

These are important things in life...these are answers that I am looking for. Who am I? Why do I matter? There are billions like me? who cares...we dont need what is important to me..we need answers to these questions.

Since when did that bug bite you King Anu 😲 I haven't seen you much on those threads 😕
You are who you are. How will answers to those questions help you? How are you worse off without those answers? 😛
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: zorrro

Since when did that bug bite you King Anu 😲 I haven't seen you much on those threads 😕
You are who you are. How will answers to those questions help you? How are you worse off without those answers? 😛

I guess the question is bound to arise in everyone sooner or later. Sometimes we are like puppets controlled by a Higher Power, just make sure you pay your electricity bills least the power is cut off !
Questions like:

Where have we come from ?
Where are we going ?

are bound to arise especially since death is inevitable.

There is a common link that joins all beings.
Have you read about the wild Elephants in Aftrica that travelled all the way to mourn the death of Anthony Lawrence, the elephant whisperer, who had saved many of them.

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: zorrro

you know KA but not the person behind it.  i am deeper than the deepest oceans. lol.

i avoid serious debates. besides more informed and better debaters were already there.

@ summer. there is a new song from movie 2 states that i think you will like. probably the reason why it crossed 100 crores lol

Ishq ki dhooni roz jalaaye
Uthta dhuaan toh kaise chhupaaye

Ho akhiyaan kare jee hazoori
Maange hai teri manzoori
Kajra siyaahi, din rang jaaye
Teri kastoori rain jagaaye

Man mast magan, man mast magan
Bas tera naam dohraaye
Tera naam dohraaye

Chaahe bhi toh bhool na paaye