LISTEN PEOPLE IT IS NOT THE SAME

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

I see all the readers are commenting on how Astha and Sia's reactions have been toward their mothers who raised them when they found they were not their biological mothers.  I read comments like "Astha reacted quite rashly and immaturely, saying she no longer wanted to talk to Simran or anyone that had raised her that was not biologically related to her".  They are comparing to Sia who did not act as "impulsively" as Astha.  Some readers are commenting that Sia could have reacted to the situation in a similar manner as Astha but sia handled the situation maturely, and did not try to run from the woman who raised her, like Astha.

People are you all forgetting even though they are going through a similar situation there are other big differences😕.

I am in the United States so I am behind India but can make out what is going through sree's wonderful updates.

First of all Sia THINKS her biological mom SOLD her for money so she is thankful for the mother that has adopted her….  Good lord I would be too!!!!!!!!!!!  Wait till she finds the truth😭.  Her grandmother told her the lady who raised her had to choose between her husband or Sia and she chose Sia…………talk about a quilt trip😲!!!!!!!!!!  So all her feeling of honesty, trust and love are against the mother who sold her for money not for the lady she thinks took her in and raised her with so much love.

Astha on the other hand has been LIED all her life.  Her mother died giving birth to her😭.  The lady who raised her (Simran) might have come between her father and mother (Neha)😭.  They all kept her grandmother away (Radha) or told her lies as to who she really was😔……can you imagine how she must feel.  She feels like she is living in a world that she can not trust or love anyone because of all the deceit she had to endure for 18 years.  How about the mourning the loss of her mother …….she not only found her mom was not Simran but her mother is Neha who passed away😲.😭  This is so devastating and shocking for anyone to handle.  She also feels the abandonment of her father and that he did not love her or her true biological mother (Neha). 

I am not judging on either of their reactions because one has to go through such pain to understand the feelings and reactions of Sia and Astha.  My only comment is these two  situations are DIFFERENT!!!

agreed but somehow i find it odd that astha does not appreciate simran's presence in her life. she is so embittered by truth that she is taking out her anger on simran who stood by her all the way.her reactions are natural but not mature.the fact remains that her mother is dead and father abondoned her......so why blame simran for it. also had she known the truth earlier , i doubt it would have changed anything(it might have made her bitter and wary of world right from childhood). Edited by pj04 - 18 years ago

Yes Puja, especially to the extent that she calls Simra 'aunty'🤢

I have two very close friends who were adopted and they came to know about their adopted status in a very dramatic manner; one(I will call her X) whose masi (aunt ) brought her up and the other (I will call her Y) who has no idea who her parents are as she was from an orphanage.

The reactions in both cases, as Texan pointed out, was different.  X came to know during a neibours' fight that the mother she knew was actually her masi who had remaried her father after her own mother died. In fact this mean neighbour insinuated that her aunt had an illicit relationship with her father while her mother was alive. That must have broken her heart. She was a close friend. She stopped taking to everyone, spent hours all by herself, but did not reject her mom or started calling her masi or screeming that she was resposible for her mom's death. She was very beautiful girl but she visibly withered. I remeber meeting her in a shoe shop with her mom and her kid sister ( who was her step sister). The mother and the sister were urging her to buy a good pair and she was not even looking. Her sister was runing all around to see which shoe would fit her didi's feet (loved that girl, poor thing) and the mom was so anxious to please her darling elder daughter. All the while she kept sitting quietly without saying anything. She even avoided us.

But then I saw her getting up, going to a pair and saying, "Mom, I think I will take this. " And then her sister came trying a new pair on, and she , by habit, gave her opinion......

I was touched by what I saw that day. What she went through is something I would never understand, but I saw the anguish both her mom ad her sister were going through, trying so abnormally hard to make her feel normal, and the look of pure happiness on their faces when she finally took an interest.....

Y on the other hand shared a temptuous relation with her mom. She is my best friend and she often fought with her mother. Aunty was pretty hot tempered. So was she. But they made up too, only to fight next day again.

Till she got to know she was adopted. The change in her was unbelievable. Overnight, she was overtaken by feelings of gratitude. Soon after she got married. Today she of course shares a very normal daughter parents relationship with  her parents. But if the equation changed, I have no idea. 

However i both cases, none of the girls rejected the presence of their adopted moms.

I think I would have found some semblence of maturity in Astha if she had at least tried to find out Simran's side of the story. No mater what, Simran stood like a rock by her, at all times. And to react in that way to anyone is not only immature, but mean and selfish as well.

The next thing we know, she will try to be a doctor like Simran, just to show her she is better.........🤢