All Discussions Regarding Revenge Here ONLY.

Farahs51 thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Anyone here watch the English show Revenge? In the English show the girl, Emily, returns to the Hampton to take revenge from the most powerful family of the Hampton and one of the most powerful families of New York. She is taking revenge for the wrong they have committed against her father, who died in prison after being labelled a terrorist. 
In that story she attracts the son by conjuring up a crisis, and he falls for her at first sight, actually the scene is pretty similar. She then wants to marry to get into the family and unravel their secrets. The English show is fantastic wonder if this will be half as good.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whitewitch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
yez i do watch revenge
love thar show

ETH will that up to thst stannard i doubt becoz revenge was show that has mixed with black and grey.
in indian shows we can not digest that much.
can we ?
here we have a power hungry parents and over spolied womanizer son
if it is a revenge based show i want moreEdited by whitewitch - 10 years ago
Farahs51 thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail
Me too, hence I could pick up on it
ilovepyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Yeah this show reminded me of Revenge too, except in Revenge she's trying to avenge her father's death. 
viewobs thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah Inspiration is definitely there. How the 2 females are the most powerful characters - Emily/Durga and Sakshi/Victoria.
Sakshi is stylish and her own boss like Victoria. Also she seems to have contempt for her husband, again like Victoria.
Also how Durga tried to burn her sari so that Shaurya saves him...
BUT 
I think thats the extense  of it. They have really worked on the script and it flows smoothly.
Plus Revenge is boring now😕
They just talk and talk without anything major happening .
Thankfully this show is only for a year and no drags hopefully.
Farahs51 thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail
@viewob yes there is aveging father's death here it is avenging sister's rape, the thread of avenge and revenge is the same. I actually still like revenge, you have to lay a strong foundation to strike the big one.
But back to Ek Haseena Thi, the second episode was too OTT and predictable, they need to make it more realistic and unpredictable. I like the overall production values and of course Sanjeeda
TeriMaaKiAankh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yesss. I love that show. From Durgas and Shaurya first scene I had a feeling they are going on "The Revenge" concept/track. 😆 
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ranirox4500

Yesss. I love that show. From Durgas and Shaurya first scene I had a feeling they are going on "The Revenge" concept/track. 😆

same 😆
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Hi everyone,

I have heard that in some very early pre-launch articles, it was suggested that the show will be inspired from Khoon bhari maang, but actually the plot line is completely different from the movie.

As a matter of fact, I found the show to heavily inspired from the American series Revenge. Of course, Durga is here to avenge Payal and not her father like Emily, but her entry into high society of Kolkata and her attempt to befriend the Goenka's is very similar Emily's.

The other characters and the relationships are seemed alike too. The Goenkas are very much like the Graysons...grey characters with secrets. Of course, Daniel wasn't grey at the beginning of show the way Shourya is...and he wasn't a player either. But I don't think Shourya is solely responsible for Payal's condition. There's definitely more to it.

And I also found similarities between Kishwer's character and Lydia, because I felt something is going on between her and Rajnath and Dayal seems to be a combination of Nolan/Takeda. I don't think Dayal is Durga's real father and Payal is actually her real sister. 

MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
hi faree good to see you here
good post and loved the concept...