Ek Haseena Thi

Sanjeeda learns Bengali for Ek Hasina Thi

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

If you thought only Bollywood actors took time off to prepare for their roles, you are highly mistaken. Television celebrities are no less on commitment.

Sanjeeda Sheikh who is returning on television after a long time, with Star Plus' 'Ek Hasina Thi' produced by Cinevistaas, is going the extra mile for her character 'Durga' in the show.

READ: Ek Hasina Thi all set to go on-air

Sanjeeda, who is playing the role of a Bengali girl for the first time, wanted every bit of her character to look real and perfect. To the extent that she is even taking lessons to master the language to attain the perfect accent and diction right.

"I wanted to prepare well for the role especially when I know that the language has a particular accent. Currently I am undergoing training as you will see me using a lot of Bengali words and I'm trying to make it sound as real as it can get. It's interesting to learn a new language after so many years and I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience." says Sanjeeda.

Well, we hope you get the accent right girl, because as far as looks are concerned you surely are a pleasure to watch!

Tune in to 'Ek Hasina Thi' starting April 14, every Monday to Saturday at 8:00 pm only on STAR Plus!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Wow
zats gr8
dnt consider Tv Celebs less than Bolly Celebs she is such a dedicated actress
falsePromise thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
She told it flawlessly just like a bengali in yesterday's episode...even i was amazed and thought for once that she might be bengali.
im a bengali ðŸ˜†