The Vampire Diaries

Things get interesting...*SPOILERS* 5x18

-Candz- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
The story finally kicked up tonight. And among other things we finally got our endgame answer. Stelena is officially over! Delena if they can work things out without misunderstandings will be together because as Elena said, and I'm paraphrasing because I don't remember actual words, they make their own destiny. ( I really wish that was the case in some of these indian soaps but that's another story). πŸ˜†
It's Witches vs Travelers and the Travelers need doppelganger blood i.e. Stefan and Elena's blood to win that war! The whole fated for each other was Markos's spell that brought the doppelgangers together. So they're not fated. Hurrah for Delena fans! 

Stefan and Elena in Markos's induced dreams saw as Elena said, "Paradise" but it wasn't real and could never be since they were human and parents in the dreams and that could never be reality. I think tonight JP and co. finally closed Stelena's chapter and on for Delena if those two could get their acts together.

Damon thought he was beating Elena to it by telling her that he can't ever be friends so he never wants to see her again because he thinks it's the only solution. I mean I get it. Try being in Damon's shoes. Elena saw a beautiful life with Stefan, real or not and that intimidated Damon and made him doubt himself. He will not admit it but he compares and measures himself to Stefan all the time. Stefan is the perfect Salvatore in everyone's eyes though he is far from perfect. Stefan is kind, loving, compassionate and well-liked while Damon is the screw-up, the murderer, the 'bad' brother. 

Damon was witness to Stelena love and he feels like he can't compare because he can't change who he is. (See the no. of times Damon told Elena that he's not Stefan). He doesn't have to change. Who he is, is who Elena fell in love with in the first place and they still haven't had the mature conversation I am waiting for where Elena shows him that he doesn't need to change because she loves him flaws and all. Damon can be good but he constantly self-sabotages because no one really believes in him.

Delena should be back on by end of the season I think...I am hoping JP and co. does justice to bring them back together and that they have someone in mind for Stefan (Steroline maybe?) 

They're trying wayy to hard to make Enzo Klaus-like and Julie, let me tell you now, that awesomeness can not be replicated. There's only one Klaus Mikaelson and bringing in another British sweet-talking, snarky vamp ain't gonna change that! 

KOL! KOL! KOL! Courtesy of Matt being dead once again, we got to see Kol on the other side and the Original vamp isn't like he used to be. He seemed more vulnerable to me, pleading with Matt to find out what was happening on the Other Side.

All in all, decent episode. I liked the Stelena stuff, the Delena stuff...the story is finally going somewhere. Hopefully somewhere good.  And Tyler being a passenger for a traveler close to Markos spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

What did you guys think of the episode?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This episode showed how beautiful Stelena were.. as long as they lasted. But I think you probably missed that part where they said:

"The life we had, that was amazing too.. it wasn't spell or prophecy, it was real.. we fell in love on our own"
"We had our ups and downs, we fought.. I died, we changed.. we grew apart and that is real, that is life"
"I'll always love you Elena" "I'll always love you too.. Stefan"

How adorable. They saw what they wanted to see. This episode again reminded me why I used to ship SE. Aren't they just.. beyond perfect.

The Delena conversation. Damon should stop comparing himself to Stefan all the time and she should stop trying to change him. Only then they'll work. Which I don't see happening as of yet. Maybe later on? Now its just the impulses and sexual frustration. DE are more than that.. viewers have seen it in the previous seasons. The writers are ruining it for their fans.

What I loved about this episode is, it wasn't just about the triangle.. the story is finally going somewhere. I am looking forward to the Travellers and their whole mysterious nature.

Oh and Enzo is.. HOT. πŸ˜›
TVD-IANcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely post...Thank God...we finally got closure of Stelena on a good note and the whole doppleganger fated together prophecy was just a Markos way of hunting them down...and I agree the story is now slowly getting it's hold back on audiences...it was on and on a nice start after such a long break.
GOSH I actually screamed seeing Kol on my screen I was so happy...it felt like I was seeing him after ages.😳 I wish he could come back for some more episodes.
And yeah I seriously m glad that Damon didn't agree for that friendship thing because I don't want them to be F.R.I.E.N.D.S...and Stefan clearly said u can either be friends or lover...and I know what Stefan and Elena had was real for them...we never denied that...but they themselves admitted this fact that they changed...n may be that change let her fall for Damon but that doesn't mean their love is not real...They never got any chance to sit and talk maturely about their relationship...the writers need to show us some sensible talk between Delena coz screaming out loud, "I m not good for u", "We r bad for each other", doesn't always work to show how wrong u r for each other.
But m happy coz I finally got to watch TVD after such a long break. πŸ˜‰ And I just love DenZo ❀️
Edited by TVD-IANcrazy - 10 years ago
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: K.Sean

This episode showed how beautiful Stelena were.. as long as they lasted. But I think you probably missed that part where they said:

"The life we had, that was amazing too.. it wasn't spell or prophecy, it was real.. we fell in love on our own"
"We had our ups and downs, we fought.. I died, we changed.. we grew apart and that is real, that is life"

How adorable. They saw what they wanted to see. This episode again reminded me why I used to ship SE. Aren't they just.. beyond perfect.

The Delena conversation. Damon should stop comparing himself to Stefan all the time and she should stop trying to change him. Only then they'll work. Which I don't see happening as of yet. Maybe later on? Now its just the impulses and sexual frustration. DE are more than that.. viewers have seen it in the previous seasons. The writers are ruining it for their fans.

What I loved about this episode is, it wasn't just about the triangle.. the story is finally going somewhere. I am looking forward to the Travellers and their whole mysterious nature.

yup enzo is getting sexier by every passing epi πŸ˜ƒ
I'm enjoying the travellers part now..let's see what they do with Tyler
plus drama in the other side 😲 Kol!! πŸ˜‰
HI!!
OindrilaVirgoan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I just always end up feeling bad for Damon..he tries so hard to convince himself and others that he's nothing like Stefan and that honesty hurts!!! 

Kol was beyosome!!! The vulnerability got right through you..you could actually feel it,you know!!

The travellers theory got me confused there for a second, regarding the doppelganger's blood needed to complete the ritual thingy and stuff but then it got sorted!!

and yepp..Enzo is legit hawt β˜ΊοΈ
tvdluverr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'm sick of the triangle but at least it's kind of getting somewhere now, so yay for that! πŸ˜† I don't think I mind it too much now..

I'm really liking this traveller stuff, especially Markos lol πŸ˜† Is it just me, or is he just likable even if he's going to be a villain? I don't mean in hotness (I guess he kinda is but not compared to Klaus, Damon or Enzo πŸ˜†) but his character is just fun for some reason lol πŸ˜›

LOL that Liv described Matt, Jeremy and Tyler as The Three Stooges πŸ€£ I don't like Tyler, but he's more fun when he's with Matt and Jeremy πŸ˜† And now that the traveller's in him, at least he's getting a bit more interesting.

Love, love, love Enzo πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜† I know he can't be compared to Klaus, but Klaus on TO has really been annoying me lately, and Enzo is just AWESOME. I adore his and Damon's friendship β€οΈ Denzo together are hilarious πŸ€£ Plus, Enzo is HOT  Sometimes he actually reminds me more of Kol though. But knowing Julie Plec, Enzo might get killed off soon 

On another note, what the heck is happening on the Other Side?! πŸ˜† Whatever it is, I'm interested πŸ‘πŸΌ

And Kol! I was so glad that he appeared, I was literally smiling like an idiot lol πŸ€£ Good thing Matty Blue Blue died and went to the Other Side for a while πŸ˜† At least we got to see some old characters like Kol and Vicki. And Grams as well! πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by tvdluverr - 10 years ago
FatehTejo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
First of all always for me is painful to watch Damon in this way πŸ˜­ hate it. 
Then in STELENA con Elena ask Stefan will Damon and me have some con like this and be friends. Stefan told to her if you're in love with someone difficult. Thats mean no STELENA anymore just friends. 

As I saw soon we will have again DELENA, want see them again. This couple will kill me one day.

Also start to like Enzo  liked him and Caroline. The resf of ep for me was boring really πŸ˜³
-Candz- thumbnail
Originally posted by: K.Sean

It really did show that they were good while they lasted but they probably aren't meant to be and I felt like it was closure to their chapter. 

Like when Elena said "It's over." And Stefan said "It's over." They weren't only talking about the visions but about them as a couple. Like that chapter is now closed.

Yes I loved Elena and Stefan's dialogues. Acknowledging what it was but that it wasn't real. Because what they saw and felt would never be reality. It was a beautiful scene to me reminding me of earlier days when I loved Stefan and Elena together.

I hated how Damon beat Elena to the punch and told her he can't be friends. I felt like she was going to say something that would give them hope and he just cut across and she didn't finish what she wanted to say but agreed because it was what he wanted. I want them to really talk without MUs and work things out. I just want Damon happy. To believe that he could be enough for just who he is and not have to change because he's loved for who he is.

Enzo is indeed hot but he gives of Klaus-y vibes and Klaus is just untouchable to me πŸ˜†
-Candz- thumbnail
Originally posted by: TVD-IANcrazy

Lovely post...Thank God...we finally got closure of Stelena on a good note and the whole doppleganger fated together prophecy was just a Markos way of hunting them down...and I agree the story is now slowly getting it's hold back on audiences...it was on and on a nice start after such a long break.

GOSH I actually screamed seeing Kol on my screen I was so happy...it felt like I was seeing him after ages.😳 I wish he could come back for some more episodes.
And yeah I seriously m glad that Damon didn't agree for that friendship thing because I don't want them to be F.R.I.E.N.D.S...and Stefan clearly said u can either be friends or lover...and I know what Stefan and Elena had was real for them...we never denied that...but they themselves admitted this fact that they changed...n may be that change let her fall for Damon but that doesn't mean their love is not real...They never got any chance to sit and talk maturely about their relationship...the writers need to show us some sensible talk between Delena coz screaming out loud, "I m not good for u", "We r bad for each other", doesn't always work to show how wrong u r for each other.
But m happy coz I finally got to watch TVD after such a long break. πŸ˜‰ And I just love DenZo ❀️

Yea I was annoyed at this fated doppelganger thing too. 

I loved seeing Kol. I missed him! He was on PLL for 2 episodes and that was great but I missed him as Kol. still waiting to see him even in FB on The Originals.

I like DenZo too. Damon needs a pal and after Alaric he didn't really have anyone to relate to. I just hope after seeing the next epi.'s promo that their friendship doesn't break.
-Candz- thumbnail
Originally posted by: AadatSeMajboor

yup enzo is getting sexier by every passing epi πŸ˜ƒ
I'm enjoying the travellers part now..let's see what they do with Tyler
plus drama in the other side 😲 Kol!! πŸ˜‰
HI!!

Tyler is finally getting screen-time. They had been side-lining him so much that when he wasn't around, I didn't miss him nor would I have felt sad if he had died. His character needed  some sprucing up.