FF: The Fifth Year (Updt. 8, pg.12) - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
Thank your for appreciating my effort... 😳 

I never thought you'd all like it!

The second chapter:

Chapter 2: Convincing

"No, Hermione, no!" he yelled at her for the hundredth time. "But Harry, just think about it! We need to prepare ourselves against V-Voldemort's - Oh stop it, Ron! - forces and you're the only person qualified enough to teach us!" Hermione protested. Shaking his head, Harry ignored her comment and continued his Divination planet chart. Just as he finished writing that he would loose his socks to a hippogriff due to Uranus and Saturn being too friendly, Ron spoke up, "Seriously, Harry. You must be really thick for not agreeing to teach us." Harry shut his copy of Unfogging the Future. "What?" he asked Ron frowning. "Well, if we don't know Curses and how to counter them, we'll probably be murdered by Death Eaters in a split second and-" "And hence, our blood will be on your hands!" Hermione finished beaming at Ron. Raising his eyebrows, Harry said, "That's all you've got? My decision is final and I'm not changing it." With this declaration he stalked up the staircase to the boys dormitory.

Next morning Hermione and Ron didn't mention anything about those 'classes' something which Harry was grateful for but also made him suspicious. As Hermione had Arithmancy first, she left before the other two. "Come on. It'll take a lot of time to that tower of Trelawney's..." Ron said getting up. "Yeah, yeah, you go on. I'll be up in a minute. I think I forgot my book in the Common Room last night." he replied searching his bag for the book. "Alright," Ron said shrugging and walked off to the north tower. Harry hurried to the Gryffindor Common Room, cursing himself for forgetting the book. As he was climbing out of the portrait hole, several students clustered together in a group up ahead in to corridor caught his eye. Puzzled he started walking towards them. The group straightened themselves as they saw him approaching, blocking the way to the North Tower. "What are they-" Harry started saying to himself but was startled to hear them starting a song.

Teach us, won't you?
Teach us won't you?
We know he's come back too!
We need to learn how to defend our self
We don't want to become his house elf!
Dark times have come to us
What if we get run over by his bus?
We won't let you pass
It's like we're made of glass!

Amazed, he stared at the group of Ravenclaws, Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs who were staring back at him expectantly. 

"Well?" a voice called out. It was Hermione. She was grinning. "Y-you did all this?" Harry asked blankly. "Of course! Now will you change your mind?" she replied. "No! Just let me go!" he said and tried to push his way past the twins who were standing in the middle. 'Not a chance, Harry!" the twins said together blocking his way further. 

"Didn't you listen to the song, Harry?" Hermione said exasperatedly. "Wha- Oh! The made of glass thing? I thought that was only for rhyme." he replied. "Well it wasn't," Ginny said angrily. "You have to say yes or you won't be able to go anywhere!" With a sigh, he said "FINE! I'll do it! Just let me go!" The beam back on her face, Hermione said, "Excellent! Now we have to decide where to meet and what we're going to learn and what we-" But was interrupted by Harry who, with a look at his watch, said, "All this later! I'm late for Divination" and pushed his way past the tight group and started sprinting towards the North Tower, desperately thinking of an explanation for Professor Trewlawney...
Edited by twila - 9 years ago
Never thought I'd love something more than the book, but this is so amazing! I loved the song bit, you're keeping everyone in character <3
Originally posted by bookworm-ALS--

Never thought I'd love something more than the book, but this is so amazing! I loved the song bit, you're keeping everyone in character <3

Thank you so much!!!!! 😃 😃 😃 😃

You don't know how much that means to me!!!!!!! 😃 😃 😃 😃
Aww! It's so well written and beautiful! You resmeble J.K.R alot when it comes to words probably becuase you are quite addicted to HP, right?
I especially love the song. Not just the song, I had a wonderful time reading the whole update! Continue soon! 
Originally posted by Laugh.Out.Loud

Aww! It's so well written and beautiful! You resmeble J.K.R alot when it comes to words probably becuase you are quite addicted to HP, right?
I especially love the song. Not just the song, I had a wonderful time reading the whole update! Continue soon! 

Thank you, Linaya, for calling me similar to J.K.R! That's not something you tell anyone! And yes, I'm addicted to HP more than anything else in the whole wide world!!!!!!! 😃
amazing, plz update soon. eager to read on!
Oh my god girl! You really have magic in your words like J.K.R! Great job! I loved it so far and I loved the song too! Looking forward to the next update! Could you pm me when you update?
it was really good👏..enjoyed reading it!!😃
btw i have a suggestion .. that 'call him boy who lived if you want' seemed a bit out of place..kind of informal too ..i think its better off without that line...
on the whole  it felt as if i was reading a part of hp..👍🏼so you really should write more 👍🏼
Edited by Nala - 9 years ago
twila, your FF is really good 👏👏. The song was icing on the cake 😉. 
Waiting for the next update 🤗.