Harry Potter

FF: The Fifth Year (Updt. 8, pg.12) - Page 3

alonebird thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
wow this is awesome...
i read two chaps in one go...nd want to read more...
Starting was brilliant,loved yr description of Hogsmead...
nd Poem Part was fab in second chap...
Update soon nd if u have a PM list then pls add me...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
@Anjali: Note taken!

It will take me a bit of time to update, busy with school work... 
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Thus story is so amazing I can really imagine the scenes exactly the way you've written!!! It doesn't seem out of the line anywhere!!!
twila thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vibhashekhar

Thus story is so amazing I can really imagine the scenes exactly the way you've written!!! It doesn't seem out of the line anywhere!!!

Thank you for appreciating... 😃 

Updated:

Chapter 3: Where?:

Coming down from the Divination staircase, Ron was trying to muffle his laughter by hiding behind his Dream Diary. "You were in on it, weren't you?" Harry demanded, narrowing his eyes at Ron. "Well, yeah... But I didn't really know about the song you know... 'We don't want to get run over by his bus!' Classic!" he replied still shaking with laughter. "You could have warned me you know!" Harry snapped. "Oh yeah, I would have said, Harry, there's a group of people who want to convince you to teach by singing! BEWARE!" Ron said, sarcastically. Shaking his Harry swore under his breath. "Now I have to do this stupid diary again for the old fraud because I was late!" 

On reaching the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, Harry busied himself at the back of the class with Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard. "Please open to chapter 12 and start reading," Umbridge said in her girlish voice.

With a sigh, the Gryffindors opened their books to chapter 12. Half of them had hoped that some miracle had made Umbridge change her mind and decide to teach them something for a change but their hopes were dashed.

Harry couldn't concentrate on the theory of werewolf breeding and how to prevent it because his thoughts kept drifting off to the Drfence classes. There was no where in Hogwarts where they could learn without Umbridge finding out. Their best chance was Hogsmeade but they couldn't possibly risk it. Twenty teenagers could not possibly practice curses, counter-curses, jinxes and charms without some member of the staff finding out and Harry was pretty sure that no professor would keep this information from Umbridge after the release of Educational Decree Number Twenty Eight: Any member of the faculty found withholding important information concerning the students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from the High Inquisitor (Dolores Jane Umbridge) shall be immediately dismissed from the school. Not even McGonagall would. 

Back in the Common Room, Hermione brought up the same topic. "So, Harry... Have you thought about where we're meeting up? And when? And you need to set up a curriculum for the year, I think we should start simple, stunning spells or something, and then maybe we can start with pat-" Harry interrupted, "About that... I was thinking we could meet in Hogsmeade, but that would be very obvious, wouldn't it? There isn't anywhere within the grounds we can practice without Umbridge finding out." 
"Hmph..." Hermione said, thoughtfully. Ron yawned, "We'll think about that tomorrow. Right now, we need sleep. Night!" and he walked up the staircase to the boys dormitory. "Good night, Harry," Hermione said,closing her Arithmancy homework and leaving for the girls staircase. 

Soon enough, the Common Room emptied as the twins left. But Harry remained in an armchair, brooding over their meeting place. Hagrid's hut seemed like a good idea, but if Umbridge found out Hagrid was bound to loose his job, he was already on Probation. 

At around one in the morning, when Harry was half asleep, a voice came squeaking from the portrait hole, "Harry Potter, sir! Harry Potter!" Harry jumped almost  a foot and whirled around to see a petite figure standing in front of the Portrait Hole. "Dobby?" he said in disbelief. "Yes, sir, Harry Potter, sir! It is Dobby's good fortune that he sees Harry Potter tonight!" Walking towards Harry, practically bouncing up and down, Dobby reached towards the table on the side and picked up the four elf hats that Hermione had knitted. Harry could see several little hats piled one on top of the other on Dobby's head. Not wanting to say anything, Harry, not wanting to be rude, asked about his health. "Sir, Dobby is very well, sir!" Dobby replied happily, but his expression changed when he saw Harry, who had not payed any attention and was again thinking of the problem at hand. 

"Is something worrying Harry Potter, sir?" Dobby asked in a concerned voice. Without thinking twice, Harry spoke out his mind. The instant change in Dobby's demeanour surprised Harry. Beaming broadly, Dobby replied, "Harry Potter sir, Dobby knows just the place!" Barely stopping for a second, he continued. "It is a place on the seventh floor, sir! Dobby took Winky there once, sir, when she was ill! It is called the room of hidden things or the room of rquirement!" Harry thought about the seventh floor corridor. As far as he remembered, there were only six classrooms there, four in use and two were spare. "But there is no room there, Dobby. Are you sure it is on the seventh floor?" he asked Dobby, frowning and trying to remember any room that he had not seen. "Oh, no, sir, no!" Dobby exclaimed, as jovially as before, "You have to walk three times between the two pillars, in front of the wall, sir, and you think about what you need the room for, sir!" 

Standing up, suddenly, Harry could only explain his happiness by wringing Dobby's hand with both of his own, saying, "Thank you, Dobby, thank you!" Beaming brighter than before, Dobby said, "It is an honor for Dobby to help Harry Potter, sir! An honor! Dobby shall now go back to the kitchens to tell the other elves that Dobby helped Harry Potter, sir!" and with that, Dobby bounced out of the portrait hole and Harry went up to the boys dormitory, his heart content and satisfied at the upliftment of the burden, reminding himself to tell Ron and Hermione the first in the morning.
Laugh.Out.Loud thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful Update! you write so beautifully, twila! <3 The story is going the same as of The Order Of the Phoenix and I am desperately waiting to see the interesting twists you have planned. Great going! 👏
twila thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Laugh.Out.Loud

Wonderful Update! you write so beautifully, twila! <3 The story is going the same as of The Order Of the Phoenix and I am desperately waiting to see the interesting twists you have planned. Great going! 👏

Thanks a bunch Linaya!!!! 😃 

I plan to explain every lesson of the DA in extreme detail along with other stuff like Arthur's attack, Harry's Quidditch ban, etc. 😊

My main focus is the DA lessons, what happens when so many witches and wizards in-training get together in a single room to practice spells? 😆 That will my main focus. 

Also, I'll be making several updates including Harry-Ginny, Ron-Hermione stuff! 😃

In my version, Harry has absolutely no feelings for Cho.  

No more Cho!!!! 😆
twila thumbnail

Thank you! 😳

You seem a bit disappointed, tell me what you didn't like? I'll try and work on it next time... Please tell me. 
Priya_nv thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: twila

Thanks a bunch Linaya!!!! 😃 

I plan to explain every lesson of the DA in extreme detail along with other stuff like Arthur's attack, Harry's Quidditch ban, etc. 😊

👍🏼

My main focus is the DA lessons, what happens when so many witches and wizards in-training get together in a single room to practice spells? 😆 That will my main focus. 

I guess it will be lots of fun with twins and neville...😆

Also, I'll be making several updates including Harry-Ginny, Ron-Hermione stuff! 😃

Give us lot of this stuff 😉😳... 

In my version, Harry has absolutely no feelings for Cho.  

Like this idea a lot 😉 😆

No more Cho!!!! 😆

Liked the update alot, twila 👏👏. Will be waiting for the next one. 🤗
Edited by Priya_nv - 9 years ago
twila thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Priya_nv

Liked the update alot, twila 👏👏. Will be waiting for the next one. 🤗

That's is quite exactly what I was thinking! Although, in time Neville will become better than anyone! 

I will, my favorite pairings!!!! 🤗

The Cho thing was a brainwave! 😆

And lastly, thank you, dear! I'll try and update as soon as possible! 😃
mehr05 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Twila, you are amazing!
read part 2 and 3 in one go!
wonderful!
yes, Cho out of the picture is fine by me.😉 
and yes, more of our mains and DA lessons!!! 
update fast Twila!
and huge thank you for the PM! 😊