Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
@Shivi: Of course! Call me twils, if that's what you want!

@Priya: Yep! This chapter was just an introduction the the room of requirement.

@Bookworm-ALS--: True, true... I plan to add him within a few weeks of the DA's first meeting. That Umbridge looking in the fire for someone thing may or may not happen but Harry will definitely tell him everything about the DA meetings.
alonebird thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
again i read two chaps on one go...
love reading it,enjoyed...
twila thumbnail

Originally posted by: alonebird

again i read two chaps on one go...
love reading it,enjoyed...

thank you! 😳
twila thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Sorry, this update took really long!!!! I had an exam to study for...

Chapter: 5: Disarming:

"Alright, alright!" Harry called out, nervously. "Now you all know why we're here so I'll cut right to the chase" Twenty something eager faces looked at him. "I was thinking that we could start with disarming-" he was interrupted by a certain rude Hufflepuff. "Why? As if we'll be able to defeat You-Know-Who by taking away his wand" he snorted, but no one else did. 

"Because you're a big fat idiot, Smith, that's why!" an angry voice said. It was Ginny. "You might just want to leave if you don't want to learn anything," Luna's dreamy voice added. "Atleast don't stop us from learning!" Dean half yelled, looking furious. There were several nods and yeses in agreement. "Plus, it saved Harry's life  from him twice already," Ron said irritably, "So you might just want to shut yourself up!" Smith sat back down on his cushion and made himself as small as possible. 

"Errr, right," Harry started again, "As I was saying, I think we should start with disarming. So, you all should pair up and start. I trust that all of you know the incantation?" There was a great scurry for partners as people looked for their friends. In the end, everyone was finally ready. 

"Start at the count of three and keep trying again and again until you succeed. One, two... three!" he ended. "Expelliarmus!" Two dozen voices shouted at the same time. Flashes of red light emitting smoke and loud bangs were seen and heard in a humongous number by everyone but their determination did not waver and they continued. 

About a quarter of an hour, only Hermione and (surprisingly...) Luna had been able to perform the charm correctly correctly. Everyone else continued trying while Hermione and Luna (pleased at their success) practiced. 

Harry had been trying to show Lee Jordan the wand movement, when a loud voice came from nearby. "Micheal, you prat! What have you done?" Trusting Lee to have understood, Harry set off towards the source of all the commotion. On reaching, he saw Ginny kneeling on the floor beside Dennis Creevey, who was clutching his stomach, looking very sick indeed. Hermione rushed to the poor twelve year old's aid. Pulling out her and, she muttered, "Sananculo" and asked him kindly, "Better?" Slowly, the green tinge left his face. "Loads!" he muttered. Getting up herself, Ginny, fuming, walked over to Micheal Corner as he stood gazing at her in a dazed manner. "Just what did you do to him?" she demanded. "You can't aim properly, can you? And what curse was that anyway? Can't you even speak properly?" Harry helped Dennis to his feet before handing him over to his worried looking brother, Collin. "I- I- I was just-" the Ravenclaw started, but was interrupted by half a dozen angry voices who started shouting at him. "Can't speak or did you do it on purpose!" someone said. "Poor kid almost died, you idiot!" another yelled. "Ginny, I-" he started but the look on Ginny's face stopped him. "I think you should find another partner to practice with," she said coldly. 

The whole Dennis shebang was soon forgotten (within a few minutes). Almost everyone had successfully mastered the charm with the exception of one or two. Harry had been surprised and impressed by Neville's progress. He had performed one of the best charms Harry had seen. Ron had made considerable progress too. He had managed to disarm Hermione twice whereas she had been successful every other time. "Well done, Hermione," Ron told her. "Thank you, Ron! You did well too!" she replied warmly and for a brief minute, their eyes had locked before both had moved away. 

At the end of the hour, Harry pointed his wand towards the ceiling and said, "Diffindo!" It emitted a loud bang leading to the room quietening down. "Now, I know we were all making loads of progress," he was greeted by an enthusiastic response from the crowd. "But," he continued, "We need to leave now. I'll send a message the usual way when we next have a class. Goodbye..." With a groan, the crowd parted and left through the door. Harry, Ron and Hermione, on making sure everyone left, walked back to the common room, their hearts brimming with happiness.
Edited by twila - 9 years ago
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
That's really nice, but um..wasn't Harry a bit too rude with Cho? It just...didn't feel exactly right/
Anyway, I love how you've kept Ginny's personality to the T. :D
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
great effort twila...👍🏼
err..may i suggest something if u don't mind?😳
peraltagasm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
AaaHHH! I LOVED this update! <3 Loved loved LOVEEEDDD the little Romione moment! and hey! Was that counter curse/charm/spell called 'Sananculo' , your own creation?

Just one thing.. I found Harry a bit too rude to Cho.. It seemed wierd actually..

Otherwise I completely loved the update! I am so excited! Update soon! <3Edited by -Memories- - 9 years ago
Priya_nv thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good going, twila 👏👏 Liked the first class..Do send a message the usual way when we next have a class...😃
P.S. - I do agree with Shivangi and @bookworm-ALS abt Harry and Cho...
.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
great update twila..loved the first class..
the reaction to Smith's taunt was awesome.!
i agree with everyone above - Harry was a bit rude to Cho..
Ron said a sincere 'well done' to Hermione..😆 i must be dreaming..
anyhow i loved the update..eager for the next one..

thanks for the PM

twila thumbnail
@Shivi: Yes, it was my creation. I combined the two latin words sanandum and ventriculo. Sanandum means heal and ventriculo means stomach.

I too think that Harry-Cho rudeness was too much... 

I think I went a bit overboard with Cho hating... Sorry...

@Lumos: What did you want to suggest?