Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-bLEu98- thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: zorrro

each party would obviously try to hold on to what is beneficial to it. Its like a tug of war between the old order and new. The more motivated wins I guess 🤔.

I think the more influential and powerful gains. Hence women still continue to be marginalised sections even in every developed/developing society. ðŸ˜Š
-bLEu98- thumbnail
Originally posted by: zorrro

Social conditioning. 😊

To look at it as 'social conditioning' makes it seem like a constant. I see it as a hurdle that needs be crossed. Civilised society is founded upon gender equality and to bring about that equality there needs to be more struggle! The established order has to be dismantled. Both men and women have to fight long battles because patriarchy is harmful for both parties and society as a whole.
Sure. For a start it would help to list out the merits and demerits of having a child out of wedlock and then debate on that.  looking down on anyone for anything  is not desirable anyway.
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
It's hard to say anything in this situation especially since we are in a country where it is still highly influenced by cultures and religious beliefs. It is a thoughts and beliefs that has been instilled since long ages past. 
Sindhuramakrish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
In a country like India, culture is most valued. but speaking frankly, a child out of wedlock is a serious issue which speaks about the vulnerability of women not able to withstand the social stigmas and leading to the growth of orphanages. when she knows that she does not want that child, it is better to abort than leaving the new born in orphanages. i sincerely condemn such acts. abortion is a cruel act. but leaving ur baby just after it is born because it is born out of wedlock is incorrigible. being courageous and taking care of the child being a single mother is no crime. the mistake which the mother did, the new born should not be punished.
-bLEu98- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sindhuramakrish

In a country like India, culture is most valued. but speaking frankly, a child out of wedlock is a serious issue which speaks about the vulnerability of women not able to withstand the social stigmas and leading to the growth of orphanages. when she knows that she does not want that child, it is better to abort than leaving the new born in orphanages. i sincerely condemn such acts. abortion is a cruel act. but leaving ur baby just after it is born because it is born out of wedlock is incorrigible. being courageous and taking care of the child being a single mother is no crime. the mistake which the mother did, the new born should not be punished.

If a child is born, both the male and female are equally responsible. It's easy to hold the mother responsible because of her reproductive organs but that's wrong and unjust. A baby born out of wedlock is also as much the woman's responsibility as the man's. And women are forced to abandon their babies because of the social stigma, so instead of blaming the woman we should try to change the society that we live in. Moreover family pressure also plays an important role here.
Once the shaming of unwed mothers stops, more women would choose to be single mothers. And 'culture' cannot be an excuse for ill-treating women. 
Sindhuramakrish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well, i agree that culture is not taken as excuse. abandoning their own child speaks of their weak nature. i don't blame all women. and i am not against single mothers. it is just that abandoning a new born without any protection due to social stigmas may seem right at the moment. but what about the child's future? how many orphanages treat children in a humane way? and i came to know that, not all women, but some, after bearing a child out of wedlock, they abandon the baby and start a new life without any guilt. is it right? even in mythology, karna was abandoned by kunti due to her fear of social stigmas and questions over her character would arise. though karna was lucky at some point  to get parents like the Radhe, it is different for others. abandoning a new born is similar to assassination. agreed that both the man and woman are responsible for it. but how can u change a society where male chauvinism is flying high with arrogance? it can be done only when women become bold and start taking care of their babies even if it is out of wedlock. and to bring that change, it should be started at our home. we should be bold enough to voice our opinion first. then alone can we come up. and to prevent childbearing out of wedlock, the woman should give the man who cheats and abandons her a good thrashing and if need arises, complain or even kill. fear of being targeted of being an illegal child bearer should be demolished. 

enigmatic_zephy thumbnail
until and unless it's a result of rape.. think both man and woman owe the responsibility
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Those some people are generally the people of the east. Us. Nobody care's in the west whether a teen got pregnant, a married woman got pregnant, a woman who is dating got pregnant, it's all the same to them. It is in countries sporting Hindu and muslim majorities where this is a serious thing. These kind of girl's are considered unclean and not pavitra whereas the boy escape's all the PUBLIC humiliation scot free. This is another kind of gender discrimination. I think that's why these cases are very remote in India, Pakistan and the middle east. I don't know why people do it... 
Now this is my analysis based on the topic of this thread...

I firmly believe that in human world, both , a man & a woman should be held EQUALLY responsible for bringing a new life on this earth..it takes TWO to make a baby..& for people who cant c it that way , too bad, n good luck with such bigotry life!...however, this question bothered me so much since childhood ( even when i didnt know anything about sex...lol).. y is it that men always seem to get away with what they do & women r crucified for something which the man & the woman both took part in?..( i dint know the mystery of "baby making" ðŸ˜† but i did know that if some entity is "the mother" & then the other entity is "the father")... but when i finally turned 12, i got a clear idea of things..

1. To completely understand this bias nature, one needs to go through evolution of mankind ( n y just mankind, it is pretty evident in animal species too)..females r EXTREMELY choosy in selecting their mates owing to the fact that they have to bear the cost of every sexual encounter since the burden of the young ones falls upon them.. this cost of pregnancy is supposedly compensated by the female's right to choose best possible mate & males compete ferociously with each other to prove worthy of mating...now we r ages past the evolution but still some of our previous ideologies remains in our individual brains & society at large, when a guy gets a girl pregnant, the guy gets the credit 4 it ( remember the older times of evolution to know y he gets credit 4 it since the girl accepted him as worthy of mating) & the girl is looked down upon ( she wasnt careful enough,gave in to her sexual desires & did not properly select the best possible mate which is seen as a huge let down to her inherent feminine qualities)...

2.It is sad that people in the modern society ( I am strictly talking about Indian society & do not feel it necessary to mention it since it is posted in "India" forums) view "sex" through the same prism.. people forget that we have moved on from such primitive beings to intelligent human society.. in animal kingdom, females have intercourse only during the "heat" or "ovulation"since sex outside of ovulation period is considered as severe waste of precious energy reserves, it is not so for human females, human females r capable of going in "heat" even when they r not ovulating. n this "heat" is of course at its peak during the ovulation period..point being, human females have evolved into sexual beings which is something given to them by the mother nature itself through ages of evolution..hence, its about time that things like "pre-marital sex"  & "live in relationships" gets its due importance in the modern evolved human society..

3.Coming to the difference between western culture & Indian culture ( i cant speak speak for the middle eastern or Islamic culture & my points r to b taken from an Indian Hindu's perspective).. Hinduism is one of the most liberal & accepting religion of the world.. this is not to say that other religions r not good enough or something like that bcoz i do have immense respect for all the religions in the world..in Hinduism, women r respected left, right & centre..infact Hinduism happens to b one of the strongly feminist religion owing to its Shaktism sect where Goddess Adi Parashakthi is considered the supreme being..so the respect towards women folk begins at the very core of this beautiful religion...women were given much more freedom in ancient times but all that changed after foreign invasions from Mughals & British..all these invasions left their mark in the Hindu population which further led them away from their beutiful religious teachings.. previously, a member included Hindu culture with Middle eastern culture to make a point that such "conservative" religions dont allow equal freedom to women.. i cant speak for Islam, but as a Hindu, i say with some confidence that "conservative" Hinduism does not restrict freedom of women folk..all such atrocities came into existence post 18th-19th century..the religion does not permit such things.. Hindus n others who believe that it does r delusional n need to b taught proper Hinduism..

4. Also, generally speaking, Indian girls in majority or in general r still very much feminine & follow "the proper selection of mate rule" without external pressure..this is in stark contradiction with the western females who have now accepted the "risky rebellious  lifestyle" as a norm.. there r many here who choose to follow that way of life & we must respect that but the majority still trust their intrinsic feminine intuitions to steer through life without succumbing to the pressures of being butch or masculine & leading a risky care free life, we must respect that too... 

5. Finally, Indian religion has a very intriguing concept of Purush & Prakriti ( somewhat similar to adam n eve but not the same) where a man & woman is considered the supreme being in Ardhanarishwar form.. each have their own roles & responsibilities & is not inferior to anyone but complimentary to each other.. so when somebody says certain things r ok for guys but not for girls, it does not necessarily mean that it is some sort of injustice done to the girl..it simply means while the same thing may not b considered derogatory for a guy, it could b considered derogatory for a girl...similarly there r some things that may not b considered derogatory for a girl but will b so 4 a guy..it is a part & parcel of being a "man" or a "woman".. they r two different entities but EQUALLY important...

one last thing, my apologies 4 the LONG post..