..||Arcanus- A Love Saga||..Part-4 on Page 15 - Page 5

Posted: 9 years ago
Arcanus- A Love Saga
Part-2

Burning wood and early morning, a whiff teased her nostrils. Coming out of sleep, sub conscious was reminding of terrifying events of night.  Avleen shrunk her knees near her belly in cold. "They all were nightmare," She said to herself before opening her eyes. Piece of land, same piece of land where her house was supposed to be, was first sight when she opened her eyes. It took her a minute to realize that she was on ground and she was living that nightmare. She stood up quickly and looked around. Site in front of her eyes was somewhat like plot where her house was supposed to be. She fixed messy wisps behind her ear. Her curls had these tiny ice particles in them. She looked around in dismay. Where the hell she was? What place was that? Where was the mart? Where were Carlingford's streets?

She saw the smoke coming from one direction. She ran to figure out if there was someone to answer her questions. Bushes and saplings, she was in some forest. A temporary path, created by human feet, was marking the presence of humans there. She looked at her wristwatch. It was gone. She was unconscious for a night and she was taken away from her town, all she could conclude till now.

While knitting the loose ends of this mystery, she reached the source of that smoke. Tents burning out and bonfire snuffed with water. It was disturbing site. Who was camping in this forest? Looking at the spared tents, they looked like some old way of camping. Curtains and fine Satan used in tents who camps like that these days? Avleen was stupefied with line of events.

No human or human remains, why tents were empty?' Avleen kept wondering with each step inside that temporary colony. She walked to the edge of it. Endless Ocean! Site was beautiful. She was standing on cliff. Down the valley, there was this endless ocean with icebergs floating in it. She looked back at those burning tents and then at traces of horses at clay beneath her feet. Horses in Carlingford? Avleen closed her eyes and sighed in frustration. Wasn't it so apparent that she wasn't in Carlingford? She was dwelled over everything. She started walking down the valley remembering her last night when she left Giselle's house. She was cursing the moment when she came out of her home. Was she kidnapped? No! It can't be. She wasn't kept hostage. She kept walking. Where her wristwatch disappeared? Who took it away? She had no answer. She wanted to cry but amount of shock, last 12 hours had given her, barred senses to respond that easily. She was tired of speaking in her mind with her mind.

"Neighhh"

She finally heard a sound in all these hours. She was elated somehow.

"A horse"

She looked around. Bushes were a little wobbly as if there was someone behind them.

"Who is there?" asked Avleen. 

Two big eyes peeping through bushes, Avleen was scared to go further.

"Neighhhggg"

She brushed the bushes off with hand. Beautiful eyes and handsome muzzle, he kept looking into her eyes. His white forelocks were flowing with the wind and innocence in eyes soothed her disturbed heart.

She wasn't an animal lover but this horse had made her touch his long forehead. 

"What are you doing here boy?"

"Huh?"

He just kept looking at her with this plead. She looked at rope which was barring him to move. His feet were tied and he was unable to move because of rope.

"Awww!"

"Let me help you"

Avleen untied the horse and fondled his blazed forehead. He in total gratitude neighed a little and touched his forehead with Avleen's face.

Avleen was amazed with such gesture. She saw this tag in his neck. A shield shaped hanging indicated that it wasn't some random horse. He had an owner. Saddle on his back confirmed the notion.

"Are you lost pretty boy?" asked Avleen while fondling him, "now go! You are free. Go home."

Avleen resumed her walk down the valley. It wasn't too far to reach seashore. Horse started walking behind her as if he wanted to be with her. Avleen looked at him and then avoided. He was free to choose what was best suited to him. She had a company finally.

As soon as she reached close to sea, she saw this blazing high flag fluttering. It had wolf mask printed on it. "Was she near some resort? Was this some tourist site? Burning tents, a lost horse, a wolf flag, all this was sounding horrible", Avleen decided to walk near that flag.

"Why there's no human at all?" she wondered, "this place is beautifully hideous."

Horse started neighing loudly. A loud nasal snort, Avleen covered her ears.

"What happened?" asked Avleen.

Horse started rearing indicated at something. Avleen was clueless. Horse was warning but she couldn't understand a thing. There was a note hanging to the flagpole. Avleen started reading it.

"Weggehen"

(Weggehen means Go Away)

"What the hell does that mean?" Avleen wondered. Before she could stress her mind more, an arrow pierced that note. Her eyes widened with terror. That arrow just crossed her ear from few centimeters. She could still feel that sharp sound. Horse was still making noise. He was unstable. He reared again as if asking her to run. Before Avleen could make up anything, another arrow came and pierced her boot. She cried in pain. It did hit her finger. She tried to run. She wasn't able to walk properly. Her feet started bleeding. Horse was still walking beside her.  She looked at him. She couldn't draw out what, but his eyes gave this confidence that she mounted the horse. Rest was the job of horse. She just leaned over him in pain; he drove her in a speed enough to protect her from arrows.  

Horse was taking her away in wind speed. "Damn! This horse is fast." Avleen tried to took the charge. But except for holding the strap of saddle, she didn't know anything about horse riding. The horse was taking her on path as if he had known it his whole life. She was wondering about his owner who has trained him so well.

She saw her bleeding feet. She tried to pull that arrow out of her boot but all in vain. Pain was increasing with even slight movement.

She was still digesting the fact that she got attacked by some invisible men through arrows. "Who uses arrows these days?" Avleen was exercising her mind over these weird set of things. Lost horse, wolf flag, note and attack, there was no anarchy left in Ireland in this century. She leaned down on horse as her pain was going extreme. She couldn't keep track when she fell asleep.

Warm touch, very palliate one! Her pain was aching sweet. Warmth, very solicitous one! She clutched the cloth more tightly. Aroma, Very delectable one! A sweet sigh escaped her throat. She opened her eyes and saw a dense tree. Moonlight was trying to reach her through leafs. She saw this overcoat warming her and a bonfire near her grass bed. She stood up and saw around. Smoke coming out of earthenware, was caressing her ravenous tummy. That horse was still there, looking at her with care. Sound of river water was indicating the presence of water source nearby. Avleen walked near river and saw a contour standing there.

"A man," She concluded seeing his stout build.

"Excuse me," she called out.

He turned around and saw her standing between trees where light was filtering through leafs.

A tall appealing man with slight beard wearing a doublet and holding a sword, Avleen kept gawking at him. He walked right in front of her.

"Lady, you must rest," he asked Avleen to go back to her bed.

"Who are you?" asked Avleen.

"I am Aaron," He answered.

"Hey Aaron! I am Avleen," she advanced her hand to him.

He kept looking at her hand as if he didn't know what to do with such gesture.

Avleen took back her hand when she saw no response coming back.

Silence swayed between two for few seconds. Avleen looked at him. All her questions were dying to shoot.

"What is this place?" she asked.

"We are in forest of Astern and I am still wondering that how you ended up here?" He enquired.

"Forest of Astern! Seems interesting! I never knew that Ireland have forest with such name," she said while walking towards river.

"Ireland? No! This is Isle of oakcliff," he rectified Avleen.

"Isle of Oakcliff?" she laughed hearing the name, "sorry! I never heard the name before. So we are not in Ireland. Then where are we?"

Aaron looked at her skeptically. He certainly didn't believe her ignorance.

"We are in Isle of Oakland and currently we are in wrong piece of land," he answered with same sobriety.

"Wrong piece of land? Are we in Afghanistan or Iraq?" quipped Avleen.

"Enough of jokes Aaron! Tell me where we are? Why you are dressed up so old fashioned? Doublet and sword, are we on some shooting set?" she said sarcastically.

"Strange! Very strange," said Aaron, "You talk so strange. You certainly are not of this part of world."

"yeah! Right! I am certainly not from Isle of Oakcliff or whatever. I am an Irish citizen and I have been taken here by some unknown," she said acutely.

"Now can you please tell me from where I can consult about my location? Is there some embassy or Police station?" She asked with frustration.

"You are ridiculously hysterical. You are in land of bsen Blick, they are savage. And you are talking about going somewhere?  You were fortunate enough that my horse brought you to me. You were hit by a poisonous arrow. If Flame wouldn't bring you to me, you would have been dead by now," said Aaron.

"Bosen Blick! Astern! Poisonous arrow and what not! I don't wanna see more of it. What kind of joke is happening here?" Avleen yelled.

She sat down on rock holding her head. Her skin was getting pale and her eyes were dipping.

"Enough of exertion! You have still not recovered. Eat something," Aaron walked to bonfire to check the food.

"No! I don't want anything. I wanna sleep! I am feeling sleepy. Good Night! I will continue hearing your mad stories in morning," she hit the bed in frustration.

"You can't sleep," said Aaron, "Your body still has poison flecks. Sleep for you is death so you better not sleep tonight."

"huh? Then what am I supposed to do? I am feeling tired. I am sleeping," she said while leaning on grass bed.

"Eat something," Aaron offered her meal, "You certainly don't understand anything at once."

"Such a prying man," she muttered, "complete costume drama." She took the first sip of soup.

"Ewww! It's yuck," Avleen put the bowl down, "It's poison."

"Its medicine," Aaron said while looking into her eyes, "Have it if you don't want to spend another sleepless night." He untied the saddle of Flame and put it on a natural swing made of two tree branches.

"Such an autocrat," she muttered and took the bowl in hand.

"What did you say?" he asked.

"Nothing," she whined.

Aaron rested down on saddle. She looked at him when he was trying to sleep. He crossed his arms near his chest and closed eyes. Avleen had nothing to do. She stood up and started walking near river. Her wound was healing magically. Back home, she never got rid of even a minor cut that easy. She touched river's water. It sparkled as soon as she disturbed the direction of stream. Moonlight was making it look startling. She sat by river and kept looking at her own reflection in water.

"Was she glowing?" she wondered. She started humming her new song on which she was working back home.

Aaron was not sleeping but keeping an eye on her. He turned around on saddle as soon as he heard her singing. Sleep was miles away from his tired eyes tonight. She walked back to bonfire. Aaron pretended to sleep. She stopped by his swing for half a minute. Aaron was curious to know what she was noticing but he didn't open his eyes.

"This man! Ummm! Very charming at first, but such weird fashioned. Who wears such cloths in 2014? It was like he belongs to some another time?" Avleen thought while looking at him.

"Another time? No, they were all bed time stories," Aaron thought while pretending to sleep, "Her costumes and language are so different. No one near Atlantic Ocean was ever seen with such details."

"Some other time," Avleen got stuck with her own thought.

She walked to horse who were accompanying her in this sleepless night. She brushed his forehead. "So your name is Flame," she said to horse, "Thank you for saving my life out there." She kissed him on forehead.

Avleen looked up in sky, there were so many stars shining. She took a step back to have a clear view of sky and got stumbled. Within seconds, she was in firm grip. She was in Aaron's arms, well preserved. She opened her eyes. Hazel eyes, "Beautiful," this word escaped Aaron's throat.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing," Aaron loosened his grip around her waist.

Both were a little squirmed.

"You weren't sleeping. Huh?" she asked.

"No! Warriors don't sleep in such places. I was just resting," said Aaron and headed back to his swing.

"Warrior? Huh?" she asked with curiosity.

"Lady! You are standing where wars are only language. Who else you supposed to meet?" said Aaron while peeping into her eyes.

"Strange! I didn't know that still we have such places in world. I mean who is at war in 2014?" she wondered.

"2014? You are talking about year? Do you?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah! What else 2014 can be?" she laughed a bit.

Aaron didn't say a word afterward. He was standing stunned as if thunderbolt struck him.

"What happened?" Avleen asked seeing him that worried and shocked.

Aaron fixed saddle back on horse and snuffed the bonfire.

"We need to go," he uttered.

"But where?" she asked following him.

He mounted the horse and offered his hand to Avleen. "Soon you will know," he said.

Avleen took his hand and Aaron bridled the horse.

Kindly leave your feedback.

For a writer, feedback is only fuel.

Love

Aditi

Edited by Nxt_rockstar - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Nxt_rockstar

Thanks Moumita..😃 It's really nice to see you commenting here.
awww..I hope you will get it with next update. 
will update in a day.😳

u r most welcome aditi
i don't know what to say after reading it...i m dazed with it...😊

👏the update was freaking awsome and superb..👏

dheere dheere i m getting it...actually what is happening...

the story is becoming more and more interesting...

it was bit scary...

u r an expert in writing adventurous and thrilling story...aditi..

keep writing..

well i m very much curious to know what will happen next..

so update it soon

with lots of love
moumita
Edited by sumimita - 9 years ago
m sooo sorryyy for being sooo late here... 😔

very interesting story ... i must say... 👏

both updates are poles apart... obviously her life changed all of a sudden n she have no clue...

i've a thing for fantasy fictions... imaginations beyond reality ... looks like m not alone with such thoughts... 😎

her life was quite simple with simple dreams ... but whats with some strange things around her .. 😵

this 8:57 time thingy is quite weird ... now I have a feeling that may be this antique watch has something to do with her jumping in ancient times... 😳

what hapoened that late night was very scary ... 😳

ur house disappears all of a sudden n then whole town transforms in a forest n possibly a war land is a nightmare ofcourse...

awww... such a sweet horse... these animals are actually very sympathetic... 🤗

lol... poor guy ... n poor avleen... both are finding each other superweird...

this happens only when ppl from different centuries meet... like it happen occasionally... haha... #superweird imaginations... 🤣

riverside view must be very beautiful...

update soon 😊
that was amazing!!
seems like some kind of time travel isnt it?

well i dont know whats all this about, me getting curious! continue soon.. else u will find me irking you to update every now and then :P
namastee😛
wil unres soonish😳

unres😳

adi (can i call u adi😳?)🤗

fab updateee👏

damn interestinggg👏

soo avleen has travelled back in time😊

and who tried to kill her😲

loveddd aaron's intro and also flame😊

d small moment between aaron-avleen was niceee😳

wer s he taking her😕

waiting eagerly for d nxt part⭐️

update soonish😉
Edited by aishu3003 - 9 years ago
wowiee so soon next part..haye

dii this is damn awsum story..

i just loved the way u wrote down every single think..

so she is in forest of that name sorry i forgot that name..

anyways she found a lost horse, she got attacked nd many things

this is freaking mysterious, nd i loved this so much..

so there come Aaron well i love the names of character very much..

he is a warrior by this m sure she is not in 2014 nd there is lot more over here to read..

now where is he taking her..?? well i love this so much dii

update soonwa dii i cant wait to read more..
OHMYGOD !!! How interesting can this get?! 😲😲 Where do you get these ideas from, Ms. Smarty Pants? 😆 But seriously Newton, this was FABBB!!! I loved it so much, the description and Avleen and Flame ^_^ , the attack and then Aaron , its all so mysterious!! I swear if this was novel,I would have ended up reading it in one night only, its that interesting !!! ^_____^ I can't wait for the next part, update very soon :*
Starting mein toh sb itna confusing lag raha tha..

But slowly-2 sb samajh aa gya.
U a awesome writer
this concept is so diff fron perivious one...
Let's see how story unflods
my my girl...u have really surpassed yourself...i m coming back after so many days and m reading all the missed parts of racing track and then m sad that it ended...but now something new...and that too...speechless...one ques...wen is the next update...