Do we still live in a RACIST WORLD? (DM VERSION)

Posted: 10 years ago

So employers can say they hire with equal opportunity or schools can proclaim students still get chances like everyone else.  But, this is 2014 and RACISM still exists.  When will the world be free of RACISM?  I don't think it will ever happen.  Please share your thoughts.

PS...  thanks to all of you for making my topics good discussions here!  ðŸ¤—  I enjoy this forum a lot!!!  ðŸ˜Š

Edited by LoveProfusion - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/26/donald-sterling-clippers-owner-black-people-racist-audio-magic-johnson/
And watch this clip.  Very sad.  ðŸ˜­
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
it is definitely painful to see there is still racism in this World. We can always have laws which ban racism.  The law tells us there is equal opportunity for everyone. But how about racism in the subconscious mind? People in their deep mind believe, 'White person is superior than the others.' No law can change the belief in the deep minds of the people. And then there is a way to the negative nature of the World which makes people human beings and not robots. Robots only behave in a certain way and behave according to some laws. Human beings could never behave in a particular way always because deep within there is some unknown fear lurking within each person. Even Louise Hay, the inspirational author will testify for this point. And because they have some fear within which in turn makes them feel they are inferior and they have to prove something to others, they  try to show superiority over others. They could show superiority over other individuals or other groups and because of this nature of human beings racism still exists. And the chances, the racism is totally eradicated is a remote dream. The racism will be eradicated the day, we have no prejudices in the World and there is a culture in which everyone is loved in an equal way. As far me, I have dark-complexion and I very well know, how much discrimination I have faced. There are people who have teased me to put 'fair and lovely cream' on my face.Edited by maha2us - 10 years ago
Skin color, caste, gender, status,age,  education, nationality --- are some of the excuses offered for discrimination. But what about online interactions where all these are unknown? Dont we still feel instantly drawn to some members and are totally repulsed by others though anonymous? If these occur in the absence of the mentioned factors for bias why blame these discriminations alone ?

I think that some people simply ooze attraction whereas  others repulsion irrespective of the presence or absence of these discriminating factors.

So what could it be ???
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
There is like and dislike in online medium. I dont think there is any discrimination here. Two different things,

Yes but the online forums take away that excuse of bias that some people are always whining about so since  they no longer have that excuse for playing the victim what would they blame it on if  they find that people still dont seem to like them?

Its an anonymous world here so what could be the reason for the likes or dislikes here?
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Not liking is different from discrimination. Not liking can lead to discrimination but former is passive while later is more active i.e. you turn your dislike into discrimination.

It is not that anonymous. We know where people are from, what ethnictiy/gender they are and therefore we can dislike and discriminate. Then you can dislike based on their point of view, attitutde etc.

I fail to see the point. Sorry
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Please don't call your topics special, unless you are actually special compared to everyone else. Just open a topic.

Racism is just one form of discrimination. Discrimination of various forms exists everywhere. I think the important thing is to unite against discrimination and work to make our society more merit and fair opportunity based.

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Please don't call your topics special, unless you are actually special compared to everyone else. Just open a topic.

Racism is just one form of discrimination. Discrimination of various forms exists everywhere. I think the important thing is to unite against discrimination and work to make our society more merit and fair opportunity based.

I was trying to remember if you were still a moderator or not. Deja vu. 😆 
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: zorrro

Skin color, caste, gender, status,age,  education, nationality --- are some of the excuses offered for discrimination. But what about online interactions where all these are unknown? Dont we still feel instantly drawn to some members and are totally repulsed by others though anonymous? If these occur in the absence of the mentioned factors for bias why blame these discriminations alone ?

I think that some people simply ooze attraction whereas  others repulsion irrespective of the presence or absence of these discriminating factors.

So what could it be ???

I disagree with you, Zorro - discrimination based on skin race, gender, age, nationality, religion, etc does actually occur. It is not an excuse, and not everyone is playing the victim. 

While I agree with you that individuals can be perceived as attractive or unattractive on an individual basis (online or not), but that doesn't mean discrimination and racism is nonexistent. Sometimes one individual gives a group of people a bad name, and the other innocent members of the group will have to face some of those negative consequences. 

Plus this forum is difficult to use as an example of the absence of racial discrimination, since it IS India Forums. Even then you should read some of the regional/religious topics around here!