Do we still live in a RACIST WORLD? (DM VERSION) - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
Answer is yes.Edited by Bazigar - 9 years ago
'Not liking' is not the same as discrimination. My own experience tells the truth here. I very well find, there are definitely people in online forums who don't like me because of what I am saying. But it is no way because of any form of discrimination. I know I am just another human being like everyone and people don't know much about me except from what I say in the comments. Discrimination happens when people see me of a particular nationality, race, tribe, or whatever you say and not because of what I say in the comments.   

Not Liking' a person' is completely fair and acceptable. Some people rub us the wrong way and give us good reason to dislike. Not liking' an entire race, ethnicity or group is a form of discrimination. You have taken negative experiences with few people to form a prejudice against a larger group. You adhere to a discriminatory' standard because you hold different standards of liking'.

All other things equal if you like group X but dislike group Y, it is discrimination.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Not Liking' a person' is completely fair and acceptable. Some people rub us the wrong way and give us good reason to dislike. Not liking' an entire race, ethnicity or group is a form of discrimination. You have taken negative experiences with few people to form a prejudice against a larger group. You adhere to a discriminatory' standard because you hold different standards of liking'.

All other things equal if you like group X but dislike group Y, it is discrimination.

@Bold ðŸ‘ðŸž
 Hey...Admit it, everyone has a little bit of racism in them... When you do laundry, I bet you all separate the colored from the whites...
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I disagree with you, Zorro - discrimination based on skin race, gender, age, nationality, religion, etc does actually occur. It is not an excuse, and not everyone is playing the victim. 

While I agree with you that individuals can be perceived as attractive or unattractive on an individual basis (online or not), but that doesn't mean discrimination and racism is nonexistent. Sometimes one individual gives a group of people a bad name, and the other innocent members of the group will have to face some of those negative consequences. 

Plus this forum is difficult to use as an example of the absence of racial discrimination, since it IS India Forums. Even then you should read some of the regional/religious topics around here!
I am not denying that discrimination exists. I am just trying to point out that some people use that as an excuse for every opposition or unpleasant event that may come their way. I gave the example of DM. Lets say I do not know anything about a person here but may still get an irresistible urge to go bash-bash or troll-troll on someone 😆 If that someone feels that I do it because of their looks or gender or nationality then they are being deluded. I am sure I would feel the same about them even if they happen to belong to my favourite gender, nation or look like a diva or a greek God in real life 😉 ðŸ˜† All I have is their posts and that is enuf to make me go ðŸ˜Ą or ðŸĪĒ or ðŸĪŠ
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Urrmm----Is that ever possible?
Originally posted by zorrro

Urrmm----Is that ever possible?

Hypothetical. You missed the point. The point is disliking someone solely based on a factor like race is discriminatory.

I don't like Kobe Bryant is acceptable. I don't like overrated NBA players is acceptable. I don't like black NBA players is discriminatory.

How about this?
Suppose I feel that a girl treated me badly and now I feel that all girls are cheats.
Discriminatory or dislike?
Originally posted by zorrro

How about this?
Suppose I feel that a girl treated me badly and now I feel that all girls are cheats.
Discriminatory or dislike?

What about this?

I got mugged by a black guy. I decide all black guys are thugs.