[Novel Length] A recipe for Disaster Chapter 8 : Pg 4

Veil thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Hello everyone. This is a story written not on telly couples but characters of my own. It is a story I thoroughly enjoyed writing, and I would hope this story would entertain you as much. 
Love

V.

Index

Nikhil Sharma
Harshad Chopra
Meena Kumari

Edited by Veil - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Veil thumbnail

(1)   Wedding Night

Candles flickered and casted a dim glow in the large room, their scent lingering in the cool summer night. The white and brown interiors of the room was contrasted with the golden glow now it had embraced.

An exotic incense filled the room, making him take a lungful of the scented air.

The day long tiredness had flew out of the window with the soothing environment the wedding planners have donned over this room. He mentally made a note of tipping them generously the next morning, and walked towards the bed, to his bride, only to find the bed empty.

A moment of stunned silence later, he checked his wrist watch wondering if he were early, but as far his knowledge of wedding night settings (which was only through Bollywood movies of course) permitted, he knew the groom (him) has to enter fashionably late, while the bride (the missing lady) has to wait for him coyly seated on the bed.

Then where the hell is his bride dearest?

His thoughts halted as he heard the screeching of the door, and turned only to find the lady in question toweling her hair and entering the room from the adjoined washroom, wet and fresh from the shower, adorned in his Kurta Pajama

Edited by Veil - 10 years ago
Veil thumbnail

(2)   His Eccentric Wife

"O...Kay" he drawled as he took in her appearance.

Eccentric. His bride definitely was eccentric.

That's what he had thought after their first exchange of forty five minutes; when they were fixed up in what he would call an arranged date arranged by both their families in an attempt for them to get to know each other.

Okay, maybe that was stretching the truth a bit. His first thoughts about her were stuck to just one single word which might not be eccentric, which might instead be weird.

She met his gaze, and he gave her what he thought was his most seductive lazy grin, as he made his way towards her.

"Want help?" he asked his voice two notches lower, as his fingers brushed few wet tendrils of hers aside.

His hands crawled up towards the towel in her hands to give her one of his well cherished act of seducing - toweling her hair, slowly, pressing a kiss here and there, sucking the wet drops that stuck to her skin now and then in process.

"Yes please" she breathed looking very much relieved. "Just arrange the clothes and jewelry in your cup board, and if possible please help me removing those damned flowers off the bed"

There was silence for a beat after which his voice sounded a little unsure.

"Clothes?" he asked wanted to make sure he heard it right and saw her thumb towards the south of the room and saw the heap of her bridal attire dumped on the floor.

On his dressing table was jewelry his mother gifted her, lazily lying scattered and unwanted.

"I've never been good with folding clothes" his bride blabbered as she went on to pull the curtain of jasmines hung around the master bed.

He saw the flurry of movements of her bride around the room, in a contemplative silence.

"Damn you, why don't you budge" she hissed at the poor flowers as she tugged at them hard.

"What are you doing?" he asked several moments later.

She looked at him as if he were slow "Help me" she said and he walked to her bemused.

"With what?" he asked.

"Hold me"

Now we are talking, he thought and his lazy grin was back.

His arms encircled her tiny waist and pulled her closer from behind.

He heard her surprised gasp and knew he had caught her off guard.

He buried his face in her wet hair and inhaled deeply. Just when his hands were about to crawl up, had he felt that for the first time: his bride writhing.

He removed his face off her intoxicating hair and looked at her only to find her trying to tug off the string of jasmines cascaded against his bed from over the canopy.

"Pull back" she whispered, her head turning back and her profile facing him, and he had to refrain himself from licking the edge of her rosy lips that curled at the end when she talked.

"Pull Back!" her shout, a notch louder this time made him follow her lead without thinking and before they knew, they were on floor, him against a wall his hands across her waist, her in his lap, holding the now destructed strings of flowers in her hands.

"We did it, yay!" her excited cry of joy filled the air as she turned in his lap giving him a hi-five.

As he saw her giggling like a little girl, in that instant had he truly saw how beautiful she was, even when she was in his Kurta Pajama which was two sizes larger for her, and whose sleeves were rolled up and to her elbows, giving her the image of a scarecrow.

Wet blades of her hair stuck to her face and neck haphazardly, her beautiful lips curved into a victorious smile, she was a beautiful pixie faced woman he had ever seen in his life, who was now his wife.

"Wife" he whispered and saw her finally meet his gaze, as her giggling finally subsided, and her gaze locked with his in a hypnotic trance.

He had not known who moved first but it was just a matter of seconds before the woman sitting in his lap, molded into him, her lips captured by his in a soul searing kiss.

Edited by Veil - 10 years ago
Veil thumbnail

(3)   Not so Perfect

"Bleh" she said as she took a large sip of water, gurgled and spit it in the sink.

"Stop it now, I don't taste like spit" the voice from her behind startled her and she had ended up splashing the water all over her torso instead of her initial plan of washing her face with it.

As she had looked up into the mirror, she had come face to face with her husband, whose face marred a deep, dark scowl.

As his eyes roamed over her face to further down, his eyes darkened and his pupils dilated, watching the wet cloth which turned transparent now. With a herculean effort, he had to tear his gaze away from her torso to her face, only to rest at her confused eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Nervousness always made her sound accusing.

His dark irises narrowed on her as he took every step slowly, and painfully, making her back against the wall helplessly, until he stood before her, his arms caging her, not allowing her to move away.

"I believe this is my flat, including the washroom you're standing in"

She wanted to tell him that doesn't give him any damned right to pounce into the washroom when someone uses it but out of sheer nervousness, nothing came out of her mouth even as she felt her lips moving, capturing his attention.

She saw his head moving closer, and this time she understood the glazed look in his eyes, and just when his lips were to touch her, he felt something prickly. When he pulled back, he got to see how cleverly his wife had turned her head in the nick of time for him to kiss her wet hair.

Just Perfect.

NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Here I was trying to not read anymore as my list is already too loaded but well who can resist the temptation of a good story with interesting characters.
I love the duo and you are a good writer.
Regards
N
Veil thumbnail
Originally posted by: CavingIn

Here I was trying to not read anymore as my list is already too loaded but well who can resist the temptation of a good story with interesting characters.

I love the duo and you are a good writer.
Regards
N

That was a heart warming comment. I am glad to know that you find the duo interesting Thanks a ton.
Veil thumbnail

(4)  Suspense

He sat in the cold floor with his legs crossed and watched his beautiful wife pace nervously before him.

"Want to sit down?" he asked after watching her pace like a pendulum for the past twenty minutes.

When she met his gaze, the scared deer look was back in her face, and if he weren't so tired, he might have had taken offence.

She slowly sat next to him, with her back against the wall in silence.

He extended his hand to open the nearest drawer of the table nearby and pulled two chocolates, and threw her one to catch, while opened the other one and took a large bite and dropped his head against the wall.

"Now go ahead, wife dearest" he said bored, looking at her with hooded eyes, his head resting against the wall, his wayward hair falling over his forehead making him look younger by years.

"LookICanExplainThis"

"Time please"

"Huh?"

"Take a deep breath"

Upon her confused gaze, he repeated "Trust me you'll feel better. Take a long and deep breathe"

Upon his insistence, she inhaled deep and long.

After five frustrated seconds, he barked "Now leave the damned breath. Are you going to get choked on your own breath?"

When she broke into a coughing fit, he hissed a curse and got her a jug of water which were thankfully there by his side, and let her take large gulps of water.

When she finally calmed down, he sat against her, and as he looked at her form, who was still coughing at irregular intervals, he touched her hair softly, crouching before her, until she met his gaze.

"Now you can tell me what is bothering you"

If you wish to receive PMs, please mention it in your comment. Random friend requests, unfortunately, will not be accepted.

NidhaA thumbnail
Seriously , not releasing the breath😆. 
Good update.
Veil thumbnail

(5)  How to break it?

"Stop digressing" he hissed after five minutes since she had started speaking about her doctor, who was a female and middle aged.

Her jittery persona had quite naturally made him think that whatever she was going to say is serious. At least for her standards.

He had thought of various bad news she could give him; ranging from she being pregnant with someone else's child or she being an undercover agent of Al Qaeda.

When she started talking about her lady doctor, however, for one moment he thought of a bizarre idea; that she might be talking about her girlfriend and that the hot woman he married could turn out to be a lesbian.

Human brain worked in wondrous ways. No sooner had he thought of this possibility, he was supplied with ample of evidence within a matter of seconds.

One: She seemed to be repulsed by his kisses, and that it was to say something. He a great kisser, by whatever knowledge he has, and the assertion of various women. There was no reason in hell she could abhor his kiss.

Two: She had been feeling all jumpy at his touch.

Three: She had not paid two hoots to his naked torso the other day when she accidentally stumbled into his gym.

Four...

Alright, that's enough, he thought irritably, knowing that there's a better chance of this happening.

As he looked at his wife, who was nervously biting her lip, and as his eyes roamed over her lithe body, he closed his eyes and groaned.

"Such a waste of hotness" he grumbled.

"Pardon?" her sweet voice interrupted his musings and he had looked at her large eyes peering at him cautiously, and threw his head against the wall and groaned again.

Such a waste, such a waste.

"So..." she said after a beat of silence "...as I was saying..."

"I figured it out. You're a lesbian"

"What! No! Okay I don't want to sound rude or offensive or judgmental and I certainly feel there's nothing wrong with one's orientation in fact I was one of those lawyers who opposed the supreme court's judgment the other day, which by the way was so wrong on moral and ethical grounds""

"Cut the crap and come to the point" he barked

"I am no lesbian" she sputtered.

"Then what's it?" he said, half relieved, half impatient.

"I can't sleep with you" she said in one breath. "Or with anyone," she added at his surprised expression. "Not that I want to," she added as a good measure "I mean I don't want to sleep with someone else and I know we are husband and wife and today we are supposed to sleep with each other, that's why our elders left us alone, and that's why I was given embarrassing lessons on the deed which we are kept in dark all our life, yet, I uh""

Upon his thundering expression, she stopped her muttering tirade helplessly and trailed off "We can't do the deed today, nor tomorrow, nor the day after, in fact not until the next six months or so"

NidhaA thumbnail
I am actually grinning from ear to ear right now. Wifey dearest is sure driving her husband up the wall.
So no sexual relationship for next six months. I wonder why.
Good update.