Love, Revenge & Shattered Dreams - FF - Complete

angelpureness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

This is my first attempt... hope you enjoy it... looking forward to constructive feedback... Apologies in advance for any mistakes. Thanks :)

Index:

Chapter 1: Love is in the air! - Page 1

Chapter 2: An unexpected visitor - Page 1

Chapter 3: Misunderstandings intensified - Page 1

Chapter 4: Blooming love - Page 2

Chapter 5: Selfish love - Page 3 

Chapter 6: Choices - Page 4

Chapter 7: Confidants - Page 5

Chapter 8: Pledges - Page 7

Chapter 9: Reassurances - Page 10

Chapter 10: Reflections - Page 11

Chapter 11: Home sweet home - Page 12

Chapter 12: Welcome home - Page 13

Chapter 13: Good morning! - Page 15

Chapter 14: Anger management - Page 17

Chapter 15: Yearnings - Page 19

Chapter 16: Heartache - Page 20

Chapter 17: Ruthless - Page 24

Chapter 18: A mother's fear - Page 26

Chapter 19 - Page 30

Chapter 20 - Page 35

Chapter 21 - Page 40

Chapter 22 - Page 45

Chapter 23 - Page 48

Chapter 24 - Page 55

Chapter 25 - Page 64

Chapter 26 - Page 68

Chapter 27 - Page 71

chapter 28 - page 80

Chapter 29 - page 83

Chapter 30 - Epilogue - page 86

Note - page 90

THE END

Chapter 1: Love is in the air!

Raghav and Kalpi have expressed their love to one another and Kalpi has informed her parents about being in a relationship. I have continued my story from there.

Sunday morning

Kalpi's house

Kalpi twirls around, smiling to herself and thinking that finally the day has come when Ragav will come home to ask for my hand from aai and baba. Gauri maa sees the softness in Kalpi's gaze which is filled with love and dreams; smiles and says "Did you speak to your sir today?"

Smiling Kalpi puts her mobile on the table and holds Gauri maa's hands and excitedly says "Gauri maa, sir called to say that he is coming home today."

Gauri maa holds Kalpi's face and brings her face forward and kisses her forehead and says "I wish you all the happiness in the world."

Kamla maa sees the interaction between Kalpi and tai as she is walking towards them with a cup of tea for tai, looks at Kalpi longing for a similar warmth and affection in their relationship and whilst giving the cup of tea to tai says "Kalpi, you are looking very happy today."

Kalpi waits for her to give Gauri maa the cup of tea and then quickly gives Kamla maa a back hug and says " Aai, I am very happy today. He is coming home to meet you and baba today."

Kamla maa turns around, her eyes brimming with joy, she tenderly lays a hand on Kalpi's left cheek and rushes to Vithal who is sitting on the sofa drinking his tea and reading the newspaper and gushingly says "Vithal, did you hear what Kalpi said." Vithal looks up at Kalpi with an affectionate smile, folds the newspaper and is about to respond.

Not waiting for an answer, Kamla maa sits next to Vithal and says "We have to prepare some snacks and get the house in order."

Kamla maa walks towards Pakhya and says "Pakhya... Pakhya... wake up beta." She tenderly rubs Pakhya's hair. Pakhya wakes up and says "What is it aai?" Kamla maa says "I want you to go to the market and get some mithais." Vithal gets up and says "I will go the market. Kamla do you want anything else from the market."

As he is leaving Kalpi rushes to hug her baba and shyly says "Baba bring some raas malai, it's his favourite."

Ragav's house

Ragav is standing in the middle of his sitting room, smiling and lost in thought, his eyes briming with the love and passion he feels for Kalpi. After all he had just spoken to his Kalpi. "His Kalpi!" just the thought makes him break into a grin. He thinks to himself "Today is the day, I can shout to the world that I am no longer alone."

Sammy walks into the room, takes one look at Ragav and says "I am so happy for you. You will no longer be alone. You have found yourself a partner who will always love you and be by your side through thick and thin. She will never leave you."

Smilingly Raghav looks at Sammy and says "I had given up on relationships, but Kalpi is different." With a slight tremor in his voice, he looks away and continues to say "She makes me believe... She makes me yearn for... She makes me want more..."

Sammy upon hearing these incomplete sentences understands the intensity of Raghav's emotions and what he wants to say. Happy that his friend has found someone with whom he will continue life's journey, he puts his hand on Raghav's left shoulder and says "She completes you."

Raghav looks at Sammy, nods and says "Yeah, Kalpi completes me."

Just then the intercom rings... Tring Tring... Tring Tring...

Raghav and Sammy look at one another, wondering who could be visiting this early on a Sunday morning. Sammy walks towards the intercom and answers it whilst  Raghav sits down on the sofa and sips his black coffee with a look of contentment. Sammy gives Raghav an anxious look and says into the intercom "Send him up."

Chapter 2: An unexpected visitor.

Raghav's house

Sammy looks at Raghav with empathy and concern, no longer does Raghav have the look of contentment and happiness. The Raghav in front of him is coiled like a cobra, ready to strike; his gaze bleak and  haunted by his past. He wished the private investigator, Mr. Dayal hired to look into the past matters regarding Raghav's father had not come today." Today of all days." Sammy mutters  to himself, with a sigh he leaves to make more coffee for the three of them.

Raghav sits as still as a statue on the sofa for some moments, absorbing the report Mr. Dayal had made. He wants to lash out. "How can there not be clues against the Kapoors?" he thinks to himself. His gut instinct has always told him that there was proof out there, he just had to find it. He knew the Kapoors were involved in foul play and that his father was their victim. He recollected the incident when he last visited the Kapoors at their home with his father. He knew without a doubt there was more out there that needed to be uncovered.

As past memories kept filtering though his mind, he kept telling himself to stay calm and in control. He needed to remove all emotion and think logically.

"Raghav... Raghav..." Sammy called out. Raghav looked up to see Sammy looking at him with concern. "Your phone is ringing, it must be Kalpi wondering where you are. Are you going to answer it?" Sammy said

Raghav looks down at his phone and indeed it is Kalpi. As Kalpi's name flashes on the screen, Ragav begins to recollect a conversation he had had with Kalpi regarding his past and his parents. Kalpi has mentioned that maybe there was more to his mother's disappearance than just neglect. With all other avenues closed to him and not knowing what else to do.

Raghav disconnects the call, puts the phone on silent and looks at Mr. Dayal and says "Ok, we have reached a block road. That's fine, we shall just have to take another route to reach our goal."

Sammy says " What are you thinking?"

Raghav says "I am thinking of a conversation I had had with Kalpi, she felt that there was more to my mother's disappearance than meets the eye." Raghav turns back to Mr. Dayal and says "I would like you to investigate my mother's disappearance and find her. Give me a moment and I shall give you all the information I have to help you with your investigation." As Raghav leaves the room and goes to the study to get the information required, Sammy says "Raghav are you sure?"

Raghav nods his head affirmatively and says more to himself whilst walking out "Yes, I am sure. Without Kalpi this avenue wouldn't exist."

Samy turns to Mr. Dayal and says "Whatever you find out with regards to Mr. Singhania's mother, you will report to me first. His mother is a very sensitive topic for him."

Mr. Dayal replies "Yes, of course. You are a good friend Mr. Raizada."

Raghav comes back into the room and all three further discuss the matter and the different strategies to adopt. Mr. Dayal gets up to leave and says "I shall get in touch as soon as I have something." Raghav and Mr. Dayal shake hands and Raghav says "Even if the information you find is trivial, inform me about it."

Mr. Dayal nods his head affirmatively and shares a conspiratorial look with Sammy.

As Mr. Dayal heads out, Raghav calls out "Mr. Dayal." Mr. Dayal stops and turns and Raghav continues "I would like you to look into another matter for me. Its regarding Miss Kalpana Jhadav." Raghav then goes on to explain the mystery regarding Kalpi's final results. He tells both Sammy and Mr. Dayal that Kalpi is certain that she did not fail her final exams. Sammy says " You are right Raghav, something does not add up. Kalpi has an amazing track record and shows a lot of promise." Mr. Dayal agrees to look into both matters and leaves.

Sammy closes the door and notices that Raghav is sitting on the sofa with his eyes shut, but his posture is relaxed and thinks to himself what a trying day this has been.  With that in mind he quickly looks at his watch and exclaims "Raghav it's half five in the evening. Kalpi has been waiting for you all day!" Raghav quickly sits up and looks at his phone and sees twelve miscalls from Kalpi. Filled with anxiety Raghav calls Kalpi, but she does not answer. Thinking that Kaalpi is angry with him, Raghav asks for Sammy's phone and calls Kalpi in the hope that she will answer Sammy's call.

Kalpi's house

A home that started it's day with excitement and happiness, became bleaker and gloomier as the day went by. Kalpi's family sat together reassuring one another that all was alright whilst anxiously looking at the clock. With every passing phone call that went unanswered, Kamla maa watched Kalpi's heart break. She watched as Kalpi cuddled up to tai and again wished that her relationship with Kalpi was different. She wished her daughter would turn to her in her time of need.  Unknown to Kamlaa maa, Kalpi was not heartbroken. She was in fact worried for Raghav. She was so sure in his love for her that she knew that the delay was because something serious must have happened to him.

Kamla maa looked around and managed to get Vithal's attention. She motioned for him to come outside and then proceeded to go out. As Vithal walked out, Kamla maa called out "Vithal." She put her hands into his and rested her head on his shoulder and said with a quiver "Vithal, my Kalpi is hurting. My Kalpi is hurting."

Suddenly like a lioness ready to pounce on anyone who intends to hurt her cub, she stood straight and said "I will not allow anyone to hurt my Kalpi, even if it is Sammy sir." Moments ago a dejected Kamla maa, now walked back into the house with a fire in her eyes. 

Chapter 3: Misunderstandings intensified.

Kalpi's house

Kalpi's phone kept ringing nonstop. Kamla maa calls out "Kalpi... Kalpi... answer you phone beta..." she then recollects that Kalpi and Pakya have gone to the neighbours. She takes Kalpi's phone to Vithal and asks him "Who is calling?" Vithal says "Sammy sir." Kamla maa furiously answers the phone, ready to shred the person at the other end for hurting her Kalpi. Leaving Vithal to look on anxiously.

The voice she hears melts her heart and she breaks into a smile and says "Ragav baba..."

Raghav's house

The phone connects and Raghav thinks finally Kalpi has answered her phone, with a smiling voice he softly says "Kalpi, I am..." only to be interrupted by Kamla maa saying "Ragav baba, it's me Kamla maa..."

Raghav freezes and  loudly whispers "Kamla maa!". Sammy seeing Raghav's comical reaction bursts out laughing and takes the phone. He then proceeds to have a conversation with Kamla maa. He charmingly apologises for the delay and requests if they can still come by if it's not too late.

Kalpi's house

Kamla maa puts the phone on the table and is all smiles. Vithal takes one look at her and says "Hone wala damaad ki awaaz sunke, sherni billi hogayi." He then proceeds to grin and Kamlaa maa shyly hides her face into his chest as he gives her a bear hug.

Kamla maa proceeds to explain to Vithal and tai the reason for their delay in coming over and that Raghav baba and Sammy sir shall be here soon. The home that had such a bleak ambiance was suddenly revived. With Vithal's help Kamla maa bustled around with renewed energy making sure that everything was just right  for a warm welcome for her hone wala damaad.

Kamla maa, tai and Vithal were seated and eagerly awaiting Raghav baba and Sammy sir, when tai exclaimed "I am too excited to sit and wait. I am going to call Kalpi and Pakya." As tai leaves to get  Kalpi and Pakya, Ragav and Sammy come from the other direction. It was near miss for mother and son to meet. Maybe destiney had other plans.

Kamla maa and Vithal welcome Ragav baba and Sammy sir with warmth into their home. Ragav and Sammy think nothing of Kamla maa's behaviour towards Sammy, after all they are best friends, so why wouldn't Kamla maa gush over Sammy too.

As Vithal is serving the mithais, Ragav baba goes towards Kamla maa and holds her hands into his

and asks "May I have your daughter's hand in marriage?" Kamlaa maa's happiness knows no bounds, she thinks to herself "Both my daughters are getting their rajkumars." Her eyes brimming with tears of joy, she nods affirmatively and kisses Ragav baba on the forehead. She rushes off outside to call Pakhi.

On the other hand Vithal is confused, because Sammy sir had just declined from having any raas malai stating that he is lactose intolerant. Ragav walks towards Vithal, takes the raas malai bowl from his hand and says "My favourite." Vithal thinking back to what Kalpi had told him about the mithai looks on in confusion.

Kalpi and Pakhya come in just as Ragav and Sammy were about to leave. Kamla maa asks "Kalpi, where is tai?". Kalpi gives Ragav a shy smile and says " She is at the neighbours and will come soon." Kalpi starts walking towards Ragav, so as to sit by him. Suddenly she overcomes with shyness and instead sits by Sammy. Vithal continues to look on in confusion for he noticed that first Kalpi was walking towards Ragav baba, then changed directions and went towards Sammy sir.

Few moments later Raghav and Sammy take their leave. Kalpi walks them out until the landing and watches them until the car drives away. In the car Sammy teases Raghav and says "You didn't compliment Kalpi." Ragav says "I will rectify my mistake right now.".

He takes his phone out of his pocket, only to realise that his phone battery is dead. He turns to Sammy and says "Give me your phone, mine is dead."

Vithal is sitting on the sofa lost in thought, when Kalpi's phone rings. "Baba who is it?" Kalpi asks. Vithal looks at the phone and says "Sammy sir." Kalpi smiles to herself and answers the phone. She walks out to the landing to have some privacy. Kalpi is so lost in her conversation of sweet nothings with Ragav that she loses track of time. Vithal comes out to the landing sometime later, because he wants to clear his confusion with Kalpi and hears Kalpi saying"... I love you too." Vithal walks back into the house thinking he had misunderstood before.

Edited by angelpureness - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssna thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Plz update soon
Loved d start
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
nicely written... pls update soon...:)
sapnapari thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing start...
Plzz continue soon... :)
angelpureness thumbnail
Thank you for enjoying my SS... I am simultaneously writing another SS called With love by my side and friends all around, the world is my oyster. Do read it and give me your feedback. 😊
Edited by angelpureness - 10 years ago
...Natasha... thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful update
Confusion and more confusion
I hope Kalpi clear her parents confusion soon
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
very well written..interesting..👍🏼
please do update soon...😊
angelpureness thumbnail

Chapter 4: Blooming Love

Monday morning sees  an excited Ragav, Kalpi and Pakhi, each dreaming about their love as they head to work. Pakhi is nervous, she doesn't know how to behave. Even though Kamla maa told her that Ragav asked Kamla maa for her hand in marriage last night, Ragav hadn't mentioned anything to her personally. She was confused whether she should broach the subject first or wait and follow his lead.

As Pakhi walks into the office, she notices that Ragav is already at his desk. She knocks on his door and walks in. Raghav looks up with a  warm smile, only to become annoyed for standing in front of him was not the woman he wants. With an irritated look he gestures with his hands "What!", Pakhi shakes her head and says "Sorry to disturb you" and walks out. Confused by his reaction, she decides it is best to follow his lead.  She consoles herself by telling herself that he probably did not know that she knew about the conversation he had with Kamla maa last night and that this was the office and he was the boss. He probably did not want the staff to know what his intentions were.

Later in the day during the staff meeting, Pakhi notices the comradery  between Raghav, Sammy and Kalpi. She dismisses it and thinks to herself that Ragav is suddenly being nice to Kalpi because of his friendship with Sammy.

Raghav leaves no stone unturned when it comes to wooing his Kalpi. They spend quality time together to get to know one another, using the pretext of meeting outside the office. Sammy is the only one aware that the meetings is code for dates. He is happy that his friend is at last  happy and content. As the days go by Pakhi notices that with time Kalpi's behaviour towards Raghav is getting bolder. She dismisses it, thinking she is reading more into the situations.

Late one evening, with the wedding date set for next month Ragav and Sammy share celebratory drinks at the terrace, Raghav surprises Sammy by saying " Sammy, fall in love. It has changed my perspective in life." Sammy smiles and asks "How so?" Raghav says "Kalpi completes me. I just can't think of doing anything that would hurt her." Sammy raises an eyebrow and looks at Raghav. Raghav continues "I can't bring myself to continue with my revenge, because Kalpi would expect me to raise myself above such emotions." He further adds "She is Kamla maa's daughter, forgiveness is thy nature." Sammy chips in "That's true. Kalpi would never hurt anybody, even if they hurt her. She would rise above the situation and not allow herself to fall down."

Raghav looks up into the sky, then moments later says "I have a new dream now. Kalpi!"

Raghav feels the weight of the world lift off his shoulders, he is free from the burdens of the past and has a future to look forward to. Sammy looks at Raghav, his eyes tearing ever so slightly for in front of him is a Ragav he has never met. He thinks to himself "This is the first time Ragav is experiencing true freedom. Freedom from the past. Freedom to pursue the future."

Kalpi lost in thought thinks to herself "This night is like a fairy tale. It's night of dreams coming true. It's magical." After all Ragav had just left after setting the wedding date. She is so secure in Ragav's love that it no longer bothers her that her aai always chooses Pakhi first. Infact she realises that love is such an emotion that it never diminishes and that sharing love, does not reduce it.

Unknown to both Kalpi and Raghav, Kamla maa is still under the impression that there will be two weddings. She calls Pakhi to give her the good news. Just then Kalpi walks in overhearing the conversation Kaamla maa is having with Pakhi. Shocked to the core, she stands there mute. Her mind refusing to comprehend what she just heard. Vithal sees Kalpi standing still like a statue and calls her over. Kalpi upon hearing her name, breaks out the her spell and rushes to her father.

"Baba, I need to talk to you." She says " Aai you too." She continues. Kamla maa looks at Kalpi with concern, for Kalpi has turned white. She sits next to Vithal and says "Yes Kalpi, what is the matter?" Kalpi doesn't know from where to begin, she decides to take the bull by the horns.

"Aai, I just heard you tell Pakhi that her wedding date has been finalised and that she and Ragav will be getting married next month." Aai smiles warmly and nods affirmatively. Kalpi continues "Aai, Ragav sir and I love one another. Raghav sir came home to ask for my hand in marriage. How does Pakhi come into the equation?" Kamla maa looks on confused and says "No Kalpi you are mistaken. He came home with Sammy sir and he said May I have your daughter' s hand in marriage." Kalpi now angry, says "Aai, I am your daughter! Pakhi is like your daughter, not your daughter." And she storms out.

Kamla maa turns to Vithal with tears in her eyes and quivering voice says "Vithal, what have I done? I ignored your doubts and now I have hurt my Pakhi. She thinks Ragav sir loves her and wants to marry her." Vithal looks on with disbelief and realises that Kamla will always put Pakhi above Kalpi.

Pakhi is ecstatic, she loves Ragav more than life itself. She yells for her father, Neetu and dadi, to give them the good news. Saahil and Neetu Kapoor exchange conspirational looks, they are happy that their only child shall achieve what they have always dreamt off. Neetu couldn't believe that her daughter had hooked herself a live shark, with visions of unaccounted wealth she her husband into their bedroom and says "Nobody should ever find out our role in Ragav's father's death." Sahil says "Yes, the secret shall be buried with us." He further adds with greed in his eyes "My princess achieved what I couldn't."

Sammy chuckles to himself "Raghav and Kalpi , blooming in their love for one another now have only one dream, to spend the rest of their lives together." With that thought in mind, Sammy goes down to make more drinks. He hears the intercom buzz; Tring Tring... Tring Tring... and wonders to himself, who must that be this late in the night.

Edited by angelpureness - 10 years ago
Autumm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
amazing...i juz hope that kalpi is the one that cme to meet sammy and raghav and clear thgs out...update soon...!!! ;)
leelu0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
nice update, I think kalpi has come to meet raghav