Debate Mansion

How do you FEEL about DIVORCE? - Page 4

amidstthehues thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
This content was originally posted by: zorrro

Majority of women and men  in our country do not have the liberty to choose their life partner. How  realistic is it to expect couples to hold on to the relationship for the sake of their children who may not even be planned for a start?

Talking of majority -
Maybe. But kids ain't no entity handed over to them in dowry. If they are unsure of their relationship and are forced in a marriage, then they can break apart before bringing kids in equation. Society wronged them which they didn't fight back when time was right; doesn't mean their kids should pay the price in future, that too at their own hands. That'd be very irresponsible of them as two individuals. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Kimi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I am probably too young to comment on something like divorce.What i feel is,it totally depends on the situation.But I feel before going ahead with such a drastic step,a relationship can be still made to work by counselling both the individuals.Still if things don't work,then in such a case it is perfectly fine to go ahead it with it rather than to keep the problems lingering.
The sad part is the children's do suffer.They don't get the love of both the parents.
Again i have seen soo many people working on their marriage just for their kids.Now I cant judge them.Its fine at times and totally depends on the situations.What i am against is ,the people who still put through a marriage just for the sake of the society.
There is a lot of pressure in India and divorces are still not very common in many rural parts.The wife somehow puts up with the husband even if he is a wife beater,a drunkard whatsoever just so that her family name is not ruined.
Divorces are indeed sad but they are just a part and parcel of life.And i feel there is still life after a divorce.

Res ~
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ah my late bro Khaty Bhai or Khatarnak raised the same issue
" Why Divorce is so common these days"

Ah I miss him again. RIP

Somehow thoughts never go away, it draws us closer.

This content was originally posted by: Franco

to each their own 

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It cannot be generalised... It differs from person to person.
If two people just cannot get along, there is no point in staying together... Kids may suffer, but if parents handle it well, this can also be solved.
CricktFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
well I dont Like divorce but some times it is neccesary .Due to divorce husband and wifee life get affected . Many Men and Women after divorce remain unhappy and depressed forever. but if you and paartner arent able adjust with each other then it is neccesary .