Posted: 9 years ago
So close to my first post on IF and this forum. :')
Such a long time since I made a topic here.
Best forum ever. <3
This one's dedicated to my Maa. 

RaHi One Shot: Memories

It was his birthday today but unlike usual, his Moti wasn't the first to wish him. In fact, no one wished him. He doubted whether they even remembered the date. It was times like this that he wished his Moti had been there but alas, you couldn't get all that you wished for. Every birthday since she left, he had a habit of reminiscing exactly five memories and writing it down. This was the third year he was doing this and for one, he found it very calming.

()()()()()

"Moti, let's go on the rollercoaster. Even I want to see what's so special about it that the hoardings are filled with its pictures," I told her, enjoying the look of terror on her face. Though she wasn't always scared, the rollercoaster looked like a torturing machine for people.

"Nonu, are you sure about this? This doesn't look the slightest bit safe. There was a mishap recently too," she asked me, hoping I would say no but I was determined not to give in to her.

"Chal na Moti," I told her, dragging her along with me onto the rollercoaster. Since it was fairly empty, we got in to the front seats of the ride and buckled our seat belts. My hand which was in hers was getting squeezed like there was no other day and just when I thought we should leave for her sake, the rollercoaster started.

I can't recollect the ride since my eyes were closed out of fear. All I know was the grip on my hand was loosened and Moti was screaming out of joy while I was shivering.

"Nonu, that was so much fun. Want to go again?" she asked me, laughing so I glared at her and took her away from there.

()()()()()

"I want to have Cotton Candy," she told me, taking a seat on one of the benches, "find me the stall. Please Nonu?" she told me, an innocent smile gracing her face.

Unable to say no' to her, I went in search of a cotton candy stall nearby. After finally finding one, I bought two candies and went to the place where she had been sitting to find no one there. I started searching for her frantically when I realized that I could call her. Dialing her number, I waited for her to pick up, still searching.

On receiving no reply, I immediately called her mother. Again, there was no reply.

I tried calling her again and this time she picked up the phone. I asked her, "Hello Auntie, is Panchi at home? She has disappeared from the fair."

"Ranveer beta," she told me, her voice cracking, "she's home. Kushal passed away."

The phone dropped from my hand as soon as she cut the call. Kushal was Mr. Rastogi, Panchi's father. I picked up the phone and rushed to the car, telling my driver to rush to their house.

As I reached their home, I rang the bell and Auntie left me in wordlessly.

I opened the room to see Panchi hugging a teddy, tears flowing freely down her face. I hugged her and held her there, not knowing to stay strong for her or to cry for her loss. After all, who knew better than me the pain of losing a parent?

()()()()()

"Moti, for the hundredth time, watching Step Up' over and over again won't make Channing Tatum come to India and propose to you," I told, frustrated that she ranted on and on about some guy she hasn't even met. What was so special about him and what does he have that I don't? I was tall, smart and handsome. What more does she want? And why do I want her to want me?

"Don't break my fantasy Ranveer. You have yours, I have mine. Now shut up and watch the movie," she told me, her eyes still fixated on the screen.

She usually kept the remote in between us since I never did anything but it's become an overdose for me now. I picked up the remote and switched the TV off. In a split second, she was glaring at me and trying to reach for the remote but I started running and almost reached the door of her room when she tackled me, making me fall down and she landed on top of me.

I immediately screamed, "Motiii, get off me. I'll be crushed under your weight."

"Get lost Ranveer. Don't talk to me," she said and walked away.

I finally convinced her to talk to me by enduring ten Channing Tatum movies over a span of 5 days.

()()()()()

"Ranveer, you gave my pizza to her. How dare you?" she asked me as soon as we left the restaurant.

"Did you see her? She looked like she could use it Moti," I told her, trying to save myself from her wrath. I knew that she would react this way but I couldn't help it. It's not my fault that the girl was seducing me into give her that piece of pizza.

"Yeah right Ranveer. And elephants fly," she told me and strutted off.

I followed her slowly because I knew she would forgive me. She always did. She was my Moti after all.

()()()()()

"Come on Moti, you can do this," I told her as I was teaching her basketball. Though she managed to score when she was near the basket, her penalty shots were never close.

"Finally," she said after she had managed to basket one. She reached for the bottle of cold water nearby and poured it on her face. "Argh Nonu, this is so cold. Couldn't you have warned me?" she asked me, drying her face with the towel.

There was still water trickling down her neck and my eyes unknowingly followed it.

"Nonu, shall we play?" she asked me, snapping me out of my reverie.

That day, something sparked inside me. That something was more than friendship. It was love.

()()()()()

He looked at the photo with the garland around it and kissed the photo. It had been more than 3 years since she had passed away and their kids were in boarding school.

The only thing that kept him going was the memories.

Please leave a comment behind. <3

Love,
Ananya.
Res 😳
-------------
Unres

finally I am here commeting
first of all Beti thank you so much for writing this,I realy did not know you will write this,so Thank You my Bacha 🤗

Now coming to the OS,it was so RaHi,each and every bit was so RaHi
I loved the concept you know tose 5 memories thing it kind off touched and I thought 3 years oh Panchi is gone to U.K as shown in the show and you are showing the Memories he remembers with her

the first memory ahhh rollercoaster so much fun,he wanted to go,she was no scared but it dint look safe,the typical Nonu-Moti story,but they go have fun and when he looks at her they decide to go out but the roller coaster started and he dint see anything cuz his eyes her shut 😆 😆
and Panchi my Moti was screaing in joy ahhh but their hands onto eachother being and enjoying every moment together this was so cute Anan really 😳

second memory cotton candy I can imagine the way she must have made that face and he has to say yes to it,Nonu cant say no to Moti is it?he was gone and when he coes back she was not there,first I thought is this girl playing a prank?or is she lost?or someone kidnapped her 🤣
but then it all got serious he came to know Panchis dad died,he goes to her house and there she was crying with the doll in her hand and he goes up to her and stays and he is there for her when she needs him the most,the last lie ahhh he knows better the feeling of loosing the parents,I dunno why but m too emotional for his parent side of the story,i just love it when his parents are mentioned and he remembers them I dunno m werid 😆 😆

third memory I miss them yaar Beti kya karti hain tu,you got that RaH feel so well ,she watching step -up

and drooling reminds me ofmyself how I drool over bad guys on TV 😲 😆 😆
and he getting so annoyed he switches of the TV doesn't he know he should shut up and watch esp when a girl is drooling bad mistake Ranveer Shergill,cute running and falling on top,she gets angry says I don't wanna talk to you and tadaaa he sees movies with her 😆 😆
bechara mera RV 😆

fourth memory:
it was so cute Moti angry on Nonu on a pizza slice rofling this is so RaHi,is the only thing I said to myself during the whole OS 😆
She wil forgive him that's what she does always my Angel 👏 👏

fifth memory:
it was so cute they playing BB she managed one basket and goes to drink cold water he lost into her
I could so imagine this Ranveer just staring at her and he realised it was more than friendship it was love,he loved her

the last one was deffo a shock cuz when I started reading I thought its on memories when she is gone to U.K but she was far gone away from him,my mouth was open when I read that,little tears in my eyes and I went like wow
it was sad seeing her die but all he had was memories but I believe every story doesn't have a happy ending or every perfect story isn't always happy,so for me when I read sad endings I know they aren't together but the love is still there and I accept that cuz that is life

I went to deep dint I? 😆 😆
Your Maa is proud of you,cuz of the way you write your maa sucks at writing 🤢 🤢
I loved it Beti and you know it Thank you thak you so much for this really
Love youuu
Muah 😳 Edited by --Akshu-- - 9 years ago
For a split second I thought Moti was in UK studying and then the last two line made me shiver. 
I wish she wasn't dead. I can't imagine a story with her dead in it.
Absolutely lovely.
I am still bawling 😭

Sob!!

Regards
Aishwarya

P.S Apne RaHi are inseperable not even death parts them. 😭
That was so emotional
RV's memories are just too RaHish
Me missing them so much
Perfectly perfect OS
Do write more
Res_____________
Unres
😭 reading this I am still crying
this is a masterpiece first I thought that panchi is abroad for studies
and Ranveer missing her than reading that last line the whole meaning of the Os changed
ok coming to the memories so RaHilicious
Each and every memory wad RaHi
you know I read whole OS again after reading that last line and I was sobbing 😭 😭
And atlast happy ending are not always 'and they lived happily ever after' like this
this is also a happy ending because when soul leave the body what last are emotions , love.
Keep writing

lots of love
MadhuraEdited by Madhuras_Rule - 9 years ago
This was a RaHi OS!!!
Thank you for this! This couple has always been so cute <33
Naawww...The memories...dey were so damn sweet :*
Okay I dint expect dt.
I thought like Panchi is gone abroad or sumthng but no...She PASSED AWAY?!
They have kids O_o
You talent ka pitaaraa...ur ideas.
Altho i wish u'd have a happy ending. sad endings really spoil my night. Now  i hav to go search for a happy enidng update :P

But keep writing!
You're fab :*

Love u loads,
Teri Kutti <33
Ananya...I loved it but then m sobbing too...
Emotional...the end was crushing
Moti dead...god hated that bit... I was convinced somehow she was far away in some distant country but she dead...no yaar cant imagine my precious two like this.
Beautifully written...each small bit is sooo Rahi...could see it unfold before my eyes...
Thanks for this piece...truly amazing...

Neha

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
Originally posted by --Akshu--

Res 😳
-------------
Unres

finally I am here commeting
first of all Beti thank you so much for writing this,I realy did not know you will write this,so Thank You my Bacha 🤗  Maaa 🤗 Aapke liye toh of course, I will write 🤗

Now coming to the OS,it was so RaHi,each and every bit was so RaHi Thank you. I was worried ki thodi unRaHi-like hojayega. 😆
I loved the concept you know tose 5 memories thing it kind off touched and I thought 3 years oh Panchi is gone to U.K as shown in the show and you are showing the Memories he remembers with her I wanted everyone to think that. 😆 That's why I added the 'did not wish him' part.

the first memory ahhh rollercoaster so much fun,he wanted to go,she was no scared but it dint look safe,the typical Nonu-Moti story,but they go have fun and when he looks at her they decide to go out but the roller coaster started and he dint see anything cuz his eyes her shut 😆 😆
and Panchi my Moti was screaing in joy ahhh but their hands onto eachother being and enjoying every moment together this was so cute Anan really 😳 Aww Maaa <3

second memory cotton candy I can imagine the way she must have made that face and he has to say yes to it,Nonu cant say no to Moti is it?he was gone and when he coes back she was not there,first I thought is this girl playing a prank?or is she lost?or someone kidnapped her 🤣
but then it all got serious he came to know Panchis dad died,he goes to her house and there she was crying with the doll in her hand and he goes up to her and stays and he is there for her when she needs him the most,the last lie ahhh he knows better the feeling of loosing the parents,I dunno why but m too emotional for his parent side of the story,i just love it when his parents are mentioned and he remembers them I dunno m werid 😆 😆 I thought pehle ki chalo ghumane bhej du Panchi ko but finally I killed her dad 😆 Don't worry Maa, mein aap pe hi gayi hu. 😆

third memory I miss them yaar Beti kya karti hain tu,you got that RaH feel so well ,she watching step -up

and drooling reminds me ofmyself how I drool over bad guys on TV 😲 😆 😆 DAMON <3 🤣
and he getting so annoyed he switches of the TV doesn't he know he should shut up and watch esp when a girl is drooling bad mistake Ranveer Shergill,cute running and falling on top,she gets angry says I don't wanna talk to you and tadaaa he sees movies with her 😆 😆
bechara mera RV 😆 Voh bechara nahi hai 😆

fourth memory:
it was so cute Moti angry on Nonu on a pizza slice rofling this is so RaHi,is the only thing I said to myself during the whole OS 😆 Accha? 😆
She wil forgive him that's what she does always my Angel 👏 👏  Hmm, yeah.

fifth memory:
it was so cute they playing BB she managed one basket and goes to drink cold water he lost into her
I could so imagine this Ranveer just staring at her and he realised it was more than friendship it was love,he loved her Kisime toh ghusana hi tha 😆

the last one was deffo a shock cuz when I started reading I thought its on memories when she is gone to U.K but she was far gone away from him,my mouth was open when I read that,little tears in my eyes and I went like wow Sacchi? :O Aww Maa 🤗
it was sad seeing her die but all he had was memories but I believe every story doesn't have a happy ending or every perfect story isn't always happy,so for me when I read sad endings I know they aren't together but the love is still there and I accept that cuz that is life Thank you Maaa :')

I went to deep dint I? 😆 😆  Yeah 😆
Your Maa is proud of you,cuz of the way you write your maa sucks at writing 🤢 🤢 You don't suck at it -_-
I loved it Beti and you know it Thank you thak you so much for this really Anytime Maa <3 Beti ko koi thank you bolta hai?
Love youuu Love you tooo <3
Muah 😳
Originally posted by aishwarya2905

For a split second I thought Moti was in UK studying and then the last two line made me shiver. Aww <3
I wish she wasn't dead. I can't imagine a story with her dead in it. Ab tragic hai toh 😆
Absolutely lovely.
I am still bawling 😭

Sob!!

Regards
Aishwarya

P.S Apne RaHi are inseperable not even death parts them. 😭 Yeah.
Thank you for the comment! <3
Means a lot :)