Are you satisfied with the current system of education in India ?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Poll Question :

Are you satisfied with the current system of education in India ?

Poll Choice
yes
no
Dont care
Login To Vote
Posted: 9 years ago
Being a student , I feel robbed of my childhood . i strive to keep up with my peers . And that requires a lot of mugging up on my behalf . There are rarely any practicals [except those prescribed] . The portions are vast . I fear that , when in the last act of life , i shall have no memories staining the retina to reminisce . Except those dreadful hours I'd spent studying for an exam . 

My counterparts and I have no problems with studies as long as we can see a practical application but in our schools , weightage is only given to marks , not to hollistic learning ! 

It's like our minds are saturated with things that are seemingly obtuse ! For which we are made to study an entire day , everyday !
Posted: 9 years ago

Why does everyone in India complain of this?

If people are so intelligent, have got ideas to make the education system "holistic" they might as well become part of the govt(administrative side that is) and perhaps change the 'system'? Why, just send in your recommendations, write letters to the government suggesting on some changes. Afterall, the govt. also strives to give it's people the best.

I personally, have got nothing to complain. I enjoyed every bit of it. There was a thrill in studying for exams, although it was sometimes painful...but I consider that also a result of my laziness or carelessness. The system is fine the way it is. (considering the complexity of the status of educational institutions in a largely hetergenous, diverse, divisive country like India, which everyone must understand) .

Maybe it depends on what syllabus you took, I took ICSE, and I still find that what I had studied is helping me now...somehow, somewhere. (atleast while reading other stuff) Personally, I am of the conviction that whatever one reads, whatever nonsense one reads...whether by mug up or by-heart or etc, it'll be of some use. Nothing you read ever goes waste. It depends on what value you attach to the knowledge you acquire. It depends on how you should like to put to use what you've read... I dont understand the ineffectual remonstrance. So strange.

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 9 years ago