Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

millee18 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

(These Amazing Tags R Made By My  One Nd Only Dora{ ARIANA_ }😳❀️ !!!! Thanks A Lot For Making All These In So Less Time !!!)

"Christ, you look like hell!" The same voice, impatient and husky, broke through her mind, and she felt a pair of solid, muscular arms come around her as she was lifted against a solid, rock-hard chest.

Warm...so warm. Instinctively, she snuggled into the heat of the sturdy, heat-producing form, trying to use the body heat to unlock her chilled muscles. She rested her spinning head against a very broad, very solid shoulder and sighed as the mystery man passed through a set of doors and into a warm building. Somewhere inside her mind, she knew she should be fighting him, trying to break away from the strange man whose voice she didn't recognize, but she didn't have the strength.

Jeevika acknowledged the ping of an elevator bell and her stomach rebelled as the steel chamber lurched, moving upward at what seemed like a lightning-fast, head-spinning speed.

Moments later, she was gently lowered to a comfortable bed and covered in a warm comforter that eased the chill from her body. Her shoes were removed roughly and dropped to the floor. She opened her eyes and tried to focus. Struggling to sit up, she found herself pushed back down onto the pillows by strong hands on her shoulders. "Don't move. Not one inch."

"I'm fine. I've had a little bug. I thought I was over it. It was just a little dizziness," she argued as she tried to sit up again."You're not fine," the voice barked. "The doctor is here to see you. He lives in the building. He saw you nearly take a nosedive into the pavement."

"Doctor?" Alarmed, Jeevika focused on another man who lurked behind the bossy one. "I don't need a doctor." She couldn't afford a doctor. "Too late. He's here. And you are being checked."

"I can refuse," she answered hesitantly, her gaze finally meeting the dark eyes of her rescuer.

"You won't," he told her in a warning voice.

His appearance kept a sharp retort from exiting her mouth. God, he was huge. Broad shoulders filled her vision as he crouched beside the bed. She had felt his muscular body while he was carrying her, but now she could visually appreciate the strength of those arms and his solid bulk as her sight cleared and the dizziness began to subside.

Big. Dark. Dangerous. Jeevika's blue eyes clashed with his dark brown stare, his look so ferocious that it was almost frightening. He ran his hand impatiently through his short black hair, his expression grim. He wasn't handsome in any conventional way, his features too sharp and his olive complexion marred by a small scar to his right temple and another on his left cheek. But damn...he was appealing in a carnal, sensual sort of way.

Jeevika could feel the intensity vibrating from his body and entering hers, making numb . "Who are you?" she asked him softly, remembering that he had called her by name.

"Viren Vadhera. Vanshika Vadhera's son." He stood and backed up to let the older man behind him step forward. Vanshika's son? Viren. She had never met Virat or Viren, but she had heard all about them from her boss, a woman who had become a very close friend over the years. Viren was the youngest. In his twinties. A genius, he had started the Vadhera .

"Young lady, I heard you've been sick. I'm Dr.Mathews . Let me take a quick look at you." A kind, middle-aged face replaced Mr. Tall, Dark and Unhappy. Jeevika let out a relieved breath and gave the jovial doctor a small smile.

"I'm fine. A virus. Maybe I wasn't quite over it and it's been a long day. Just a little residual fatigue," she assured the physician, wanting to put on her well-worn sneakers and run away from this humbling situation as soon as possible.

Viren stood behind the good doctor, his arms crossed and his face formidable. Geez...the man was fierce. It wasn't that she hadn't seen plenty of scary men in her life, but there was something about Viren that had her heart thumping and her body on high alert. Jeevika let the doctor do his exam. Dr. Mathews was kind and efficient with a bedside manner that had her smiling as he chatted absently during his evaluation. He gave her commands and asked the standard questions. She answered his questions as briefly as possible, wanting to get the exam finished and get out of Viren Vadhera's constrained presence.

Dr. Mathews stood with a smile as he completed his exam. "You need rest, food, and more time to get over this virus. You might have been feeling slightly better for a day because your fever broke, but the fever is back and the virus isn't completely through your system. You're already run down and it doesn't sound like you sleep or eat properly." The doctor's smile broadened. "Typical of us medical folks" After a pause, the doctor asked professionally, "Any chance you could be pregnant?"

Jeevika's eyes shot to Viren's face, her cheeks burning with embrassement. Did Viren really need to be hearing all of this? His eyes locked with hers and his body seemed visibly tense as he waited for her answer.

"No. Absolutely no possibility," she answered with a timidity that was usually not part of her personality. There wasn't a chance in hell that she was pregnant. Her sex drive was dead from eighty-hour weeks of work and school. The only action her bed got was Jeevika, alone, sleeping for the few hours of rest that she got every night after her late-night study sessions.

The doctor breezed over the subject, instructing her to rest and treat the symptoms with over-the-counter fever medications.

Jeevika thanked him and gave him a tremulous smile before he turned to Viren, the two men talking quietly as they left the bedroom. She sat up quickly, too quickly, and the room rotated for a minute before her head cleared. God, she was as weak as a kitten from the return of the fever and lack of food. She bent slowly and snatched her shoes from the floor, sitting on the bed to cram her feet into them without even untying the laces.

"What in the hell do you think you're doing?" Jeevika jerked up at the sound of the booming voice, her foot only halfway into her second shoe.

"I need to get home," she answered, uncomfortable now that she was alone with Viren. He was too big, too gruff, too demanding, too much of everything. There was something about him that made her feel off-balance, and it had nothing to do with her virus. He swung her legs back onto the bed and pulled her shoes off. Damn. All of that hard work gone in seconds. Putting on those shoes had been an effort and she didn't appreciate having to do it again.

"You're sick and you're staying here," Viren told her sternly as his dark eyes swept over her and he grimaced.

"I can't. I'm working tomorrow. I need to get some sleep."

"You're not working for at least the next week. I already called Mom and told her to replace you." His expression was disapproving as he covered her body with the comforter and sat on top of it, effectively trapping her. "I also took the liberty of grabbing your keys from your backpack so that my assistant can go to your place and get you some clothes in case your roommate isn't home."

"But I-"

"Don't argue! This discussion is over. I'm going to make you something to eat and you will eat it. Then you'll go to sleep." He stood and exited, the orders still reverberating through the rather impressive space of the bedroom.

Fuming, Jeevika sat up and debated whether she dared to spring out of bed and through the door of what looked like a condo. A very nice condo! The bedroom was spacious and decorated in shades of tan and black. Tan, plush carpet and masculine dark furniture dominated the room. It was a beautiful room, bold and dark, just like the man who owned it. Did he really expect her to stay here? Yes, his mother was her boss and friend, but she didn't know Viren and she wasn't sure she liked him. He was bossy, impatient, and expected people to jump when he said jump. Or stay when he said stay-sort of like a well-trained dog. Unfortunately for him, Jeevika didn't take orders well. She had made her own decisions since her parents had passed away and the last thing she needed was a domineering billionaire calling the shots in her life. The only thing money meant to Jeevika was security. Other than that, she couldn't care less about what money could buy; it was hard to miss material things that she had never had.

He called Vanshika to replace me? There was no way she could miss a weekof work. Missing two days this week had already stretched her empty bankaccount. She relied on her tips to survive, and she didn't get tips by sittingon her butt at home. She had missed two evenings because she had nochoice. The virus had eaten her up and spit her out, leaving her prostrate onher bed and sicker than she had been since she was a child.

She sighed and leaned back against the pillows. She was so tired and so weak right now. All she really wanted to do was bury herself in this warm, comfortable bed and sleep until she wasn't tired anymore. What would that be like? She couldn't remember a time that she wasn't exhausted. It had become normal for her to feel drained during the last four years; she only slept a few hours a night and her meals were sporadic, depending on what she could afford.

Jeevika looked up as she heard the clink of glass-on-glass and saw Viren coming into the room, juggling dishes. She bit back a smile, thinking that it was a good thing that he was a manager, because he would never make it as a waiter. He had a glass in one hand and a plate in the other. A bowl was balanced precariously between his elbow and chest. She wanted to tell him it would be easier if he just put the bowl on the plate, but she bit back the suggestion.

"I don't know what you like," he grumbled as he put the glass on the bedside table and handed her the bowl. He sounded cantankerous over the fact that there was something he didn't know. "Soup. Eat."

Talk about a man of few words. He issued commands like a drill sergeant."Viren, I can't stay here," she told him softly as she accepted the bowl of steaming soup. Chicken noodle. Her favorite. Stomach rumbling from the tempting aroma coming from the bowl, she lifted the spoon and took a cautious bite. She could tell that it had come out of a can, but it tasted delicious and her rumbling stomach made her shovel it in like a starving woman.

"You are staying. Take these." He scowled at her as he held up a hand and dropped two pills into her open palm.

She popped them into her mouth gratefully and reached for the glass. Viren handed it to her before she could reach it. She swallowed and handed the juice back to Viren's waiting hand before replying, "I have to work. I can't afford to be off. I already took two days because I was sick. I'm sure I'll feel better by tomorrow."

"You will. I'll make sure that you do," he replied, his voice irascible.

Jeevika continued to eat her soup as she eyed his expression. He was serious. Dead serious. How did a sweet woman like Vanshika end up with a crabby-ass son like Viren? "You're not my boss, Viren."

"No, but my mother is and she agrees that you aren't working. She didn't realize you were still ill," he told her, his expression surly. "Hell...I don't know how she missed it. You have black circles under your eyes that make you look like a raccoon and you look dead on your feet. Mom's definitely slipping. She can usually dig out any problem. Painfully, if necessary," he rumbled, as though he were remembering a few of those painful experiences.

"I was feeling better earlier. And she was trying to help me find something to wear over my skirt," she told him calmly as she finished off the soup.

"Where in the hell did you get that outfit? I've never seen you in anything but jeans," he queried softly, dangerously. Jeevika quivered as his eyes roamed over the quilt, as though he could see her scantily-clad body through the material.

"It was a loan," she said, accepting the plate that held a yummy-looking sandwich as he took away the bowl. "Like a complete idiot, I spilled coffee down the front of my clothes today and didn't have time to run home before work."

"You are not an idiot," he stated curtly.

Swallowing a bite of the delicious egg salad sandwich, Jeevika's eyes jerked up to his face in surprise. "We've never met. How did you recognize me? How do you know what I usually wear?"

He shrugged and diverted his eyes. "I've seen you around the restaurant."

"I've never seen you at the restaurant."

"I stop by to see Mom. I usually don't go out front."

Vanshika's office was in the back, so it made sense. Jeevika was silent while she wolfed down the rest of the sandwich. God...she was hungry...and grateful for the meal.

"Thank you," she told him sincerely as she handed the plate back to him and he set it on the bedside table.

"You need to eat. And sleep." He touched the dark patches under her eyes softly with his index finger. "I've never been close enough to see how tired you look."

"The virus kicked my rear," she murmured lightly, feeling warmed not only by the food, but by the concerned frown on Viren's face. "I'll feel well enough to work tomorrow."

He handed her the glass of juice. "Don't even think about it. Finish that and sleep."

Too tired to argue, Jeevika downed the juice and gave up the glass to his waiting hand. She'd deal with everything later. Her eyes were drooping and exhaustion pressed on her body like weights. She needed to close her eyes.Snuggling under the quilt, Jeevika sighed and rested her head on the pillow.For the first time in years, she felt full, comfortable and...safe. Viren might be cranky, but he had apparently appointed himself her protector. It was somehow...comforting.

With that strange thought rolling around in her mind, she slept.    

Finally Done With This Update !!! I have Having My Exams These Days So Wont Be Able To Update On time !!! But still I Will TRy To Update As Soon As I Can !!! DO Pray That I do Well In My Exams !!! I Need Ur Good Wishes !!!😳

Edited by millee18 - 9 years ago
Riddhi_S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Okay So First Of All Lemme Just Gather Some Words! I Wonder If I'll Be Able To!!  πŸ€“
Okay Errrmmm Fine...Haa, So Here I Start...Errmmm...Uhhh...The Update...The Update Was...Errrmm...Yeah , The Update Was Astounding, Phenomenal, Breathtaking And If Any More Words...You're Free To Add!! πŸ˜ƒ
I Tell You Millee The Language You Use Which Is Adorned By All The Fresh Knew And Beautiful Words And Phrases, Is Something Makes Me Fall In Love With Your Story! 
Those Expressive Words Take Away All The Credit!! The Words Are The Most Important Element In Any Writer's Life. The Story Becomes More Huge And Spectacular Because Of Them. I'm Glad I'm Reading Your Story, And I'm Updating My Vocabulary!
And What Do I Say About The Update? I'm Simply Speechless!! I Just Can't Express The Feeling Of Reading Your Story! Well I'm Too Busy Right Now To Read It Over And Over Again, But If You Know Me, Then I Neednt Tell You That Uptill Now I Might Have Memorized Each Single Part Of Your Story!! πŸ˜† 
Yeah I Know I'm Crazy! But That's What Happens To Me When I Read A Particular Novel, Or Any Book! And Now It's Your Story On My List! πŸ˜‰ Well I Hope I Will Get Time To Memorize It All!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜³

Millee, Thanks A Tonne For Increasing My Poor Vocabulary! πŸ˜† πŸ˜ƒ

Love You Loads! ❀️ 
Take Care!

PS ~ Sorry For All My Stupid Blabbering!

And Last But Not The Least! πŸ˜† I'm First!!!  πŸ€£
Edited by RiddhiTacker - 9 years ago
--Ayesha-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
UnRes

Millleee Millleee d update was awesome,mindblasting
really i loved it sooo much d language u used n ways you describe everything is just beautiful
i need to get new dic to comment after reading ur updateπŸ˜†
loved d way u described der meeting n way u showed jeevs thinking abt viren n his shades he is caring,bossy all in one akhir virenji joo hainπŸ˜‰
jhoota viren bolna cahiyetha naa ki i stalk u bekar se vanshika ka bahanaπŸ˜†
continnnee soonEdited by --Ayesha-- - 9 years ago
Kays94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Res !!!
This time Keeni 3rd Cz she doesn't wanted to be first !!! 🀣
Lol I didn't even know u reserved for me here πŸ˜†
But since I've read this update many many time gotta tell u it was just amazinggg πŸ‘
Every detail describing Jeevika and actually even Virens worry for her is just bang on
You know how to touch the emotional side which this story... It's a mixture of suspense as well as sadness!!!
I know this story has become everyone's new favorite!!!!! 
Thanks for an awesome update
Edited by Kays94 - 9 years ago
MyKryan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
UnresπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
Loved the whole update
Really amazing πŸ˜ƒ
Loved the funny momentsπŸ˜›
Aww viren spill out that he had only seen her in jeans!!!πŸ˜†
SuperbπŸ‘
Continue soon
Edited by MyKryan - 9 years ago
oldaf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
res
*edited
wah wah wah!
AWESOME ❀️
I'm in in love with this story!
Pahle hi kaha hai nah,I love whatever you write coz I love your writing ishtyle🀣
Kameeni, maine phir se tag bana diya hai, usko use kar, mere saare mahnat! :/ I guess prologue, index, chapter n everything is showing properly in the new ones :P
Anyways, mar daala update :P
Edited by ARIANA_ - 9 years ago
kryanfan1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
amazing amazing amazing update..!!
loved it completely...!😊😊
The way you have described their whole meeting is just superbbb..!!πŸ˜ƒ
Superrr se uparrr vala update..!
Plz continue soon..
Thanx for the pm😊
pinky.padda thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
absolutely brilliant update
superb
loved it
..ipkknd thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Absolutely Awesome ❀️

The way you describes everything was just Fab !!

All those funny moments

And cute ones made it fabulous

Really loved it <3

Update soon

And

Thanks for the pm πŸ€—
NishuM thumbnail
Aww this is so cute ❀️
Fab job done lily