FRUSTRATION WITH DUMBLEDORE !!!!

Posted: 9 years ago
Does it frustrate anyone else when u think about how much Dumbledore left it to probabilities and chances when he gave Harry and his friends the quest of finishing off horcruxes.. ?.. I know Ron was terribly frustrated and so was Harry..but then so was I ...even when Harry forgave Dumbledore after their conversation at king's cross in 'the afterlife' , I was still frustrated with Dumbledore for all the unnecessary codes and puzzles he left for the teenager especially bcoz the task of finding and destroying the horcruxes alone was very challenging..it was even more so frustrating because Dumbledore wasn't completely gone after his death, there was still his talking and breathing portrait in the headmaster's office at Hogwarts..so if he really wanted to, he could have easily helped the leading trio enormously by using his trademark clever tricks without completely giving the game away so as to protect Snape's undercover double agent role..
Now the way I c it, it all comes down to just one justification which is making the read even more interesting and suspenseful.. bcoz J K Rowling wouldn't have been able to sell so many copies of the series if she made Dumbledore b that straightforward and give the game away that easy..
Edited by Akash005 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Also does any one here feel like Harry Potter series seems like a European magical version of Mahabharata wherein Dumbledore with his aura, talent, power,authority, position and trickery for the 'greater good' plays the role of Krishna and even gives sort of Great updesh to Harry from time to time throughout the series, thus making Harry an European magical version of Arjuna?
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Dumbledore left Harry all those codes and puzzles to solve so that Harry could prove his worth and show that he really was the Chosen One to defeat Voldemort. It was all to make sure that Harry truly was the Chosen One. Dumbledore is wise beyond words... 😊
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Akash005

Also does any one here feel like Harry Potter series seems like a European magical version of Mahabharata wherein Dumbledore with his aura, talent, power,authority, position and trickery for the 'greater good' plays the role of Krishna and even gives sort of Great updesh to Harry from time to time throughout the series, thus making Harry an European magical version of Arjuna?

I'm pretty sure it isn't... They're completely different... Voldemort is not like Duryodhan...

Originally posted by: twila

Dumbledore left Harry all those codes and puzzles to solve so that Harry could prove his worth and show that he really was the Chosen One to defeat Voldemort. It was all to make sure that Harry truly was the Chosen One. Dumbledore is wise beyond words... 😊

Yes, that is a fair enough( n very much expected) argument..sort of thing that Dumbledore would do..allowing Harry to prove his worth..hmm..but still it seems a lot was left to chances and probabilities unnecessarily..its not like harry hasn't proved his worth and devotion b4 undertaking the horcrux task..it was done on countless occasions time n over again..so it still feels little odd that Dumbledore didn't give the information n clues directly to Harry..however, there is one more thing that needs to b considered, Dumbledore didn't trust Harry completely n he had good reason too..only Dumbledore was aware that Harry himself was a horcrux..but still somehow Dumbledore expected (although he wasn't completely sure of it) that harry would even go as far as sacrificing his own life when the time came..Dumbledore's excuse for not telling Harry about the deathly hallows was that he feared that Harry's hot head might dominate his pure heart..it was even more so bcoz Dumbledore himself was infatuated with the hollows during his teenage.. but again he seriously underestimated harry there..in fact Dumblefdore could have helped harry in finishing the task of horcruxes sooner by letting in harry about the secret of hallows and his ancestry ..bcoz the time consumed by hallow obsession would have been reduced by Dumbledore's guidance as opposed to Hermoine's judgement n insistence who herself wasn't sure of hallows or anything pertaining to it..they were after all just 3 teenagers fighting for the entire wizarding n muggle world alike.. it wasn't the time for taking tests but the time for aiding in the quest as far as possible.. it is even more frustrating bcoz of Dumbledore's talking-breathing portrait in headmaster's office at Hogwarts which could have easily helped the leading trio if it really wanted to without giving away Snape's double agent role..sadly here, Dumbledore's logic n reasoning failed!.. n what's more?.. Dumbledore himself accepted it!!; which melted away Harry's frustration with him but unfortunately it didn't have the same effect on me..😕

But finally it all comes down to just one fact - making the read even more intriguing, thrilling n suspenseful as opposed to straightforward , plain and boring.. all hail J K Rowling!! 👏
Edited by Akash005 - 9 years ago

Originally posted by: twila

I'm pretty sure it isn't... They're completely different... Voldemort is not like Duryodhan...

Lol..when an author copies something from some other source, he/she doesn't do it literally..😆.. of course J K Rowling would sketch her own characters for her novel series n not directly copy it..if u think about it, entire Mahabharata was result of Draupadi's insult n there is no such instance in Harry Potter..but that wasn't the point..take the equation of Harry-Dumbledore , it seems a lot like Arjun-Krishna.. Moreover Dumbledore's personality seems to b heavily influenced by Vishnu/Krishna; powerful aura, talent, position,calm n composed nature, use of clever tactics for the greater good..n so on..
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
He wanted to make Harry prove himself worthy. Like a Quest

Originally posted by: bookworm-ALS--

He wanted to make Harry prove himself worthy. Like a Quest

O god !!.. I thought I already answered that!😕
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Well the answer was pretty simple until his last days Dumbledore wasn't sure about what was Voldemort's plans, he got his doubt about it only in Harry's second year after seeing the destroyed dairy and moreover he wasn't idly sitting and forming riddles, he went out there to get all the proof's needed and found the location of Slytherin's locket and also destroyed The Ring which later cost him his life, knowing his limited time to live he passed the information to Harry.
It wasn't any game or riddle nor did it have a time limit, Dumbledore himself knew what all the horcrux's were and also a mean to destroy it, we must NOT forget that if it weren't for the limited time Dumbledore had, he probably wouldn't have said it Harry at all.
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
As far as Mahabharat is concerned, I don't see only five heroes fighting over hundred and one villains in Harry potter. Please don't even compare wands and spells to bows and arrows or gadha's it's seriously stupid! I'm sorry but even in my wildest dreams I can't imagine Arjun holding a wand and shouting EXPELLIARMUS at Dhuryodhan 🤣 and according to you Dumbledore is Krishna?!! ( sorry for being a party crasher but Dumbledore dies before the battle so you're telling us Krishna dies before Mahabharat??? dumb dumb dumb *facepalm*)
And Harry wasn't sent to the forest nor did the battle of Hogwarts take place for 18 days I don't even understand how can one probably compare them! RIDIKKULUS!!!