Harry Potter

FRUSTRATION WITH DUMBLEDORE !!!! - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
@ Vibhashekhar
Agreed.. Dumbledore himself wasn't aware of Voldemort's real secret ( although he did guess it which like always was very close to the reality), plus it could also b argued that Dumbledore ran out of time b4 he could tell Harry all about the hallows..n I m talking specifically about hallows and not horcruxes bcoz Dumbledore already told Harry everything he knew and did about horcruxes , rest was up to Harry to complete the quest in his own way n time, Dumbledore's part was done..but about the hallows, Dumbledore knew everything but didn't utter a word to Harry about it but left tons of unnecessary time consuming puzzles for the young teenagers who had proved their worth on numerous other occasions n were trying to save the wizarding and muggle world..Dumbledore could have tremendously eased the quest for the teenagers if he himself had guided Harry about the hallows n not left it to Hermione who herself wasn't sure of any of it..he obviously had enough time to write the puzzles in his will , but didn't have the time to clear it out himself?.. now the way I c it, Dumbledore himself was actually ashamed of all things related to hallows due to his past and that is y he kept  delaying discussion of hallows and his ancestry with harry..plus, even if Dumbledore was dead b4 he could tell Harry everything, there was still his talking-breathing portrait in headmaster's office at Hogwarts.. n he if he really wanted to assist the leading trio through the portrait without blowing off Snape's cover, he could have easily done it using his trademark clever tactics since Snape was actually under his command..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
And yes we hail JK Rowling for such a wonderful series!!!
HATERS GONNA HATE
@Vibhashekhar
About the comparisons, u clearly missed the point..n it has been made very clear that u wouldn't understand it..so leave the comparison part then..it is clearly not meant to b discussed between two people like us who share a drastically different views n takes on things..sometimes its difficult for some people to c beyond the obvious..
This content was originally posted by: vibhashekhar

And yes we hail JK Rowling for such a wonderful series!!!
HATERS GONNA HATE

Lol...r u saying that I hate Harry Potter series..😲 😲

Let me tell u then, I have read each of the seven books at least thrice !.. I m completely in love with the series!.. 

Wow, its a true testimony to the fact that some people cannot c beyond the obvious!.. I was merely putting forth my analysis..does that make me a hater?.. seriously, how old r u?.. I know harry potter is meant for teenagers but this kind of mentality is ridiculous at any age..
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I've read it far more than 15 times!!! What I meant was there's no comparison between the two stories, it doesn't need my age to prove it! You are talking about mentality?? I can just tell this IF you can put forth your idea so can I :)
This content was originally posted by: vibhashekhar

I've read it far more than 15 times!!! What I meant was there's no comparison between the two stories, it doesn't need my age to prove it! You are talking about mentality?? I can just tell this IF you can put forth your idea so can I :)

OK so u r just as admirer of Potter series as I m ..umm..may b more ( actually 5 times more..I have read it 3 times n u have read it 15 times).. OK so then let's just forget about Mahabharat n talk about Dumbledore, wat say?.. if the comparison is a mood spoiler then let's just brush past it..n yes, u r just as entitled to post ur opinion here as I am..in fact I m actually glad that u decided to post on my thread.n I would love it if u continued to post here with ur views n opinions..
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I love J.K.R with all my heart and I can never be more thankful to anyone for anything... HP made me a better person and I am glad that she wrote HP! 😃 ❤️ 🤗

As for Dumbledore, you can't really say that he left any clues or puzzles or anything because he told Harry all he knew before passing away himself 😭 (Although he still lives on 😊)... He didn't know the location of the real Locket, or the Cup, or the diadem, otherwise Voldemort would have died in HBP itself. 😒 He had been searching for Horcruxes ever since Harry destroyed the diary and saved Ginny. If he knew about them, why didn't he finish them then and there? ❓ He didn't know any location and so he was never able to tell Harry where to find the Horcruxes. 

If you have problem with this (I don't), then go to J.K.R. If this hadn't happened, then the rating for the series would have gone down and it wouldn't have been as good as it is. 

And, I'm pretty sure J.K.R hasn't read the Mahabharat... 😆 No character personality or any character themselves are even remotely similar! As for Dumbledore and Krishna, I don't know what you're playing at? 😕 Our Dumbledore similar to Krishna? 🤔 I would really like to have an inside look of your brain! 🤢  First of all, Dumbledore is not there to help Harry kill Voldemort during the Battle of Hogwarts and I agree with Vibhashekhar, Dumbledore died before the beginning of the physical battle, Krishna did not! 👏 He was there to guide Arjun throughout the whole thing, plus, he gave Duryodhan his army, 😡 Dumbledore would NEVER give Voldemort anything useful...  Also, don't even try to compare Harry to Arjun or Voldemort to Duryodhan + his 100 brothers... 😎
@ Vibhashekhar
So now we r exclusively dealing with Dumbledore question n not the comparison question..

There's more I would like to add on that front, while generally people r of the opinion that Dumbledore left so many puzzles for harry to prove his worth as the chosen one..I beg to differ..Harry had no reason to prove his worth as the chosen one bcoz he had already done that on countless occasions b4 embarking on the horcrux task..moreover, in the end it was just 3 teenagers on an extremely difficult mission to save mankind.. so it wasn't the time to take tests but to provide assistance as much as possible..so now I m saying that the real reason Dumbledore left all those unnecessary puzzles for the leading trio is that he didn't trust Harry completely..just as he never trusted Snape completely..ironically Harry always thought that Dumbledore easily trusts people when in fact the opposite is true.. "secrecy" is an unfortunate and inherent part of being Dumbledore.. ur thoughts?
twila thumbnail
Also, this topic is miles away from what we discuss on this forum. If you want a topic like this, please start it on Debate Mansion Forum...

But now that it's made, no point in restarting... Just continue.
twila thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Akash005

@ Vibhashekhar

So now we r exclusively dealing with Dumbledore question n not the comparison question..

There's more I would like to add on that front, while generally people r of the opinion that Dumbledore left so many puzzles for harry to prove his worth as the chosen one..I beg to differ..Harry had no reason to prove his worth as the chosen one bcoz he had already done that on countless occasions b4 embarking on the horcrux task..moreover, in the end it was just 3 teenagers on an extremely difficult mission to save mankind.. so it wasn't the time to take tests but to provide assistance as much as possible..so now I m saying that the real reason Dumbledore left all those unnecessary puzzles for the leading trio is that he didn't trust Harry completely..just as he never trusted Snape completely..ironically Harry always thought that Dumbledore easily trusts people when in fact the opposite is true.. "secrecy" is an unfortunate and inherent part of being Dumbledore.. ur thoughts?

He most certainly did!

1st year: Harry saves Philosopher's Stone, WITH the help of Ron and Hermione. Ron did the Chess thing, Hermione solved the Potions puzzle and fended off the Devil's Snare. She also knocked Quirrel off his feet which saved Harry, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about him right now! Harry did everything with the help of his two friends. As for baby Harry, he survived because of his mother.

2nd Year: Harry saves Ginny: WITH the help of Fawkes and the Sorting Hat. Furthermore, it was Ron's malfunctioning wand that caused Lockhart to loose his memory or Harry would be in St. Mungo's forever! Even further, Hermione found that page about the Basilisk.

3rd year: Harry fended off Dementor's only and only because Lupin taught him. He saved Sirius and Buckbeak because Hermione had a time turner.

4th year: He was helped by Moody indirectly in all three tasks and was only able to get away from Voldemort because of the wand core's connecting.

5th year: Well... He was easily fooled by Voldemort and refused to listen to the people who were correct. Then, the Death Eater's did not murder him right there because he was holding the prophecy. Later, Dumbledore comes to save the day with the Order.

Sixth year: Nothing happened except that Dumbledore died! Harry didn't really fight anything or anyone...

So, Harry had to prove his worth, and he did! He showed the world his bravery!