Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: twila

Also, this topic is miles away from what we discuss on this forum. If you want a topic like this, please start it on Debate Mansion Forum...

But now that it's made, no point in restarting... Just continue.

O okies..😊

He most certainly did!

1st year: Harry saves Philosopher's Stone, WITH the help of Ron and Hermione. Ron did the Chess thing, Hermione solved the Potions puzzle and fended off the Devil's Snare. She also knocked Quirrel off his feet which saved Harry, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about him right now! Harry did everything with the help of his two friends. As for baby Harry, he survived because of his mother.

2nd Year: Harry saves Ginny: WITH the help of Fawkes and the Sorting Hat. Furthermore, it was Ron's malfunctioning wand that caused Lockhart to loose his memory or Harry would be in St. Mungo's forever! Even further, Hermione found that page about the Basilisk.

3rd year: Harry fended off Dementor's only and only because Lupin taught him. He saved Sirius and Buckbeak because Hermione had a time turner.

4th year: He was helped by Moody indirectly in all three tasks and was only able to get away from Voldemort because of the wand core's connecting.

5th year: Well... He was easily fooled by Voldemort and refused to listen to the people who were correct. Then, the Death Eater's did not murder him right there because he was holding the prophecy. Later, Dumbledore comes to save the day with the Order.

Sixth year: Nothing happened except that Dumbledore died! Harry didn't really fight anything or anyone...

So, Harry had to prove his worth, and he did! He showed the world his bravery! 

Umm..What r u talking about??.. please re-read my post..there was no need of all this info, I was already aware of it..I said that Harry had proved his worth already on numerous occasions so there was no need for Dumbledore to test his worth again in the horcrux task.. however, all the information is appreciated nevertheless..
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Akash005

Umm..What r u talking about??.. please re-read my post..there was no need of all this info, I was already aware of it..I said that Harry had proved his worth already on numerous occasions so there was no need for Dumbledore to test his worth again in the horcrux task.. however, all the information is appreciated nevertheless..

Re read my reply...

You said that Harry proved his worth already and Dumbledore need not have made him prove himself again. I say that Harry hadn't proven his worth and that is what he needed to do. Overall, my post was a counter attack to your motion on the topic that Harry had already proven his worth...
@ twila
Oopsie, my bad!.. I guess I m the kid here now..😆..yes, u r quite right, I replied without reading ur post completely, I just saw the 6 yrs and harry description and assumed that u were talking about his achievements without reading the post entirely..so that's my bad..m sorry..let me read again n I'll get back on that later..
twila thumbnail
Originally posted by: Akash005

@ twila

Oopsie, my bad!.. I guess I m the kid here now..😆..yes, u r quite right, I replied without reading ur post completely, I just saw the 6 yrs and harry description and assumed that u were talking about his achievements without reading the post entirely..so that's my bad..m sorry..let me read again n I'll get back on that later..

Understandable!

I'm assuming that we are off the topic of Dumbledore and Krishna?
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Harry had absolutely no need to prove his worth but he did what he was told by Dumbledore to be ALIVE, if he wouldn't destroy the horcruxes he'd be the one who had to die!
Not going to Hogwarts or hiding from the world was just a temporary solution for that time being, as the prophecy said '' either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives''!
Well this is now the only reason I can think of as to why Harry set out following the words of Dumbledore.
twila thumbnail
Originally posted by: vibhashekhar

Harry had absolutely no need to prove his worth but he did what he was told by Dumbledore to be ALIVE, if he wouldn't destroy the horcruxes he'd be the one who had to die!
Not going to Hogwarts or hiding from the world was just a temporary solution for that time being, as the prophecy said '' either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives''!
Well this is now the only reason I can think of as to why Harry set out following the words of Dumbledore.

Of course he had to!

1st year: Harry saves Philosopher's Stone, WITH the help of Ron and Hermione. Ron did the Chess thing, Hermione solved the Potions puzzle and fended off the Devil's Snare. She also knocked Quirrel off his feet which saved Harry, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about him right now! Harry did everything with the help of his two friends. As for baby Harry, he survived because of his mother.

2nd Year: Harry saves Ginny: WITH the help of Fawkes and the Sorting Hat. Furthermore, it was Ron's malfunctioning wand that caused Lockhart to loose his memory or Harry would be in St. Mungo's forever! Even further, Hermione found that page about the Basilisk.

3rd year: Harry fended off Dementor's only and only because Lupin taught him. He saved Sirius and Buckbeak because Hermione had a time turner.

4th year: He was helped by Moody indirectly in all three tasks and was only able to get away from Voldemort because of the wand core's connecting.

5th year: Well... He was easily fooled by Voldemort and refused to listen to the people who were correct. Then, the Death Eater's did not murder him right there because he was holding the prophecy. Later, Dumbledore comes to save the day with the Order.

Sixth year: Nothing happened except that Dumbledore died! Harry didn't really fight anything or anyone...

If I'm wrong, then there would have been absolutely no reason for the last book!

Understandable!

I'm assuming that we are off the topic of Dumbledore and Krishna?

Yes, we most definitely are !!
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Agreed, but is it only about proving himself to Dumbledore? Uhhh just realised what I posted is totally not related to the original topic 🤣
But I still say Harry had a choice whether or not to follow Dumbledore's words.
@ Vibhashanker & @ twila
U r both right in a way...n that's what my question led to eventually!!

I personally believe that Harry had absolutely no need to prove his worth because he had done that on countless occasions, so Dumbledore had no reason to test him again during the horcrux task instead he should have just assisted Harry with direct information ( m talking about hallows and not horcruxes)..

But the truth remains that Dumbledore never trusted Harry completely...hence, all the unnecessary puzzles that made the seventh book all the more suspenseful..

@ twila, I ll let u know about my take on Harry's achievements n proof in the next post..