Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: twila

@Lumos: I disagree... I do not think that Dumbledore and Harry are similar to Krishna and Arjun. No offence to you, dear friend, but just because they're both heroes does not mean they're similar. If they're similar, why don't people say that Frodo and Gandalf are like Krishna and Arjun?

Twila, if it bothers u that much , just leave it..I dunno about Frodo and Gandalf ( I havnt read lord of the rings yet, although I started reading The Hobbit long time ago, n m still at page 144..😕 ðŸ˜†).. but about Dumbledore, I honestly felt like a lot of inspiration was drawn from Krishna's personality with the exception of immortality and godhood , there r a lot of similarities.. but if it bothers u that much, fine, dont think about it..let others draw comparisons.. b t w , from what I read of Gandalf in those 144 pages (m sure there r many many things to cover yet), he doesn't seem to have that much in common with Krishna unlike Dumbledore, but I wouldn't b surprised if somebody already drew a comparison there too..what one needs to understand is , all the treasured religious texts r ancient.. n if a writer draws an inspiration from those texts, its hardly surprising..

Dumbledore's character and personality SEEMS heavily inspired by Krishna..
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ahhm..well im comparing the "qualities"..not the "persona" buddy...😊
don't freak out...🤣
i compared the "heroism" not the "heroes" as such...😊.. every heroic act when used to establish the "dhrama" is an act of godly nature and has the divine blessing of the Divine...what dumbly did is an act of god but he himself is not the God(Krishna)...

Originally posted by: Lumos

ahhm..well im comparing the "qualities"..not the "persona" buddy...😊

don't freak out...🤣
i compared the "heroism" not the "heroes" as such...😊.. every heroic act when used to establish the "dhrama" is an act of godly nature and has the divine blessing of the Divine...what dumbly did is an act of god but he himself is not the God(Krishna)...

Lol..by "personality and character" I too meant " qualities".. Krishna never wore a cloak, spectacles, wizard's hat, knee length silver hair..🤣
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Akash005

Lol..by "personality and character" I too meant " qualities".. Krishna never wore a cloak, spectacles, wizard's hat, knee length silver hair..🤣

🤔🤔

akash..how old are you..curious to know..😊

🤔🤔

O has it come down to that now? ðŸ˜†
Edited by Akash005 - 9 years ago

🤔🤔

Actually m older than most people here.. 24.. looks like my posts r not mature enough for u though..😛
ok, now since m already considered immature here, i m taking it a step further by posting something thats completely unrelated to the topic.. 
i was a little confused about the blood status in the wizarding world, i mean i know that if a magical child is born to muggle parents, the child is muggle born; if a magical child is born to magical family, the child is pure blood; if a magical child is born to parents whose one spouse is magical and other is muggle, the child is half blood and also if a non magical child is born to magical parents, the child is a squib but what about the following possibilities :

1. if a child is born to muggle born wizard and a muggle born witch, will b child b considered a pure blood ? (both of his parents have no magical ancestory but r magical themselves in this case )

2. if a child is born to half bood and muggle parent, will the magical child b considered half or quarter blood?..lol..😕 ðŸ˜†

bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Akash005

ok, now since m already considered immature here, i m taking it a step further by posting something thats completely unrelated to the topic.. 

i was a little confused about the blood status in the wizarding world, i mean i know that if a magical child is born to muggle parents, the child is muggle born; if a magical child is born to magical family, the child is pure blood; if a magical child is born to parents whose one spouse is magical and other is muggle, the child is half blood and also if a non magical child is born to magical parents, the child is a squib but what about the following possibilities :

1. if a child is born to muggle born wizard and a muggle born witch, will b child b considered a pure blood ? (both of his parents have no magical ancestory but r magical themselves in this case )

No. Pure Blood families go back generations and generations.

2. if a child is born to half bood and muggle parent, will the magical child b considered half or quarter blood?..lol..😕 ðŸ˜†

Probably a half blood. Again, it's all to do with ancestry.

twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I believe that in both cases, the child is considered a half-blood.

Bellatrix called Harry a 'filthy half-blood'... I'm guessing it was because Lily was a muggle-born, even though James was a pure-blood.
.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Edited by Nishi.Kss - 9 years ago