FRUSTRATION WITH DUMBLEDORE !!!! - Page 7

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by Akash005

ok, now since m already considered immature here, i m taking it a step further by posting something thats completely unrelated to the topic.. 
i was a little confused about the blood status in the wizarding world, i mean i know that if a magical child is born to muggle parents, the child is muggle born; if a magical child is born to magical family, the child is pure blood; if a magical child is born to parents whose one spouse is magical and other is muggle, the child is half blood and also if a non magical child is born to magical parents, the child is a squib but what about the following possibilities :

1. if a child is born to muggle born wizard and a muggle born witch, will b child b considered a pure blood ? (both of his parents have no magical ancestory but r magical themselves in this case )

2. if a child is born to half bood and muggle parent, will the magical child b considered half or quarter blood?..lol..😕 ðŸ˜†

@bold-  why is everyone asking this question.?😆 just the other day my friend asked me this..the child would be mostly considered halfblood..
Originally posted by twila

I believe that in both cases, the child is considered a half-blood.

Bellatrix called Harry a 'filthy half-blood'... I'm guessing it was because Lily was a muggle-born, even though James was a pure-blood.

makes sense, if harry is also referred to as half bood then i guess that is how it is... i remember when i was reading about that bellatrix line, i was thinking like, ' hmm, i wonder if she thinks about her master like that..😆 , bcoz voldy after all was a 'pure half blood' unlike harry whose parents were both magical irrespective of their own ancestry'...
^Harry taunted Bellatrix about that, I believe, about Voldemort being half blood  and judging by her reaction, she didn't know and didn't believe it.
Originally posted by Nishi.Kss

@bold-  why is everyone asking this question.?😆 just the other day my friend asked me this..the child would be mostly considered halfblood..

bcoz this is the very question that wizarding world ( J K R ) didnt provide a definite answer to... i mean by now its pretty clear that its about generations of family history...but how many generations exactly?..it was never mentioned.. what if a muggle born witch n wizard get together n have kids n their subsequent genarartions continue to marry magical folks.. will their great grandchildren b considered pure blood?.. how about great great grandchildren??...no definite answer there.. 

i found the below quoted lines on harry potter lexicon site:

We can then assume that the criteria for half-blood status is not based on immediate parentage, but overall genealogy (as seems logical). Exactly what standard the wizarding world uses (one-drop, four/eight generations, etc.) is unknown and perhaps not consistent.
I'll just say this:

A way to ensure whether an ancestor of yours is a pureblood or not is to check your family tree. Anyone married to a muggle or someone who actually did something GOOD gets blasted off, as Sirius said.
All Pure blood families have a family tree, check it and be sure.
Originally posted by beutifulppl

All Pure blood families have a family tree, check it and be sure.

That wasn't the intended question though, in ur terms, the original question could b rephrased to 'how long or how many generations does it take for a muggle born magical couple to create a pure blood family tree?'.. to which there is no definite answer..
Originally posted by Akash005

That wasn't the intended question though, in ur terms, the original question could b rephrased to 'how long or how many generations does it take for a muggle born magical couple to create a pure blood family tree?'.. to which there is no definite answer..

A muggle born magical couple cannot possibly make a pure blood family tree. That is, quite frankly, IMPOSSIBLE. The whole point of pure blood families is that each and every member of the fsmily since Adam and Eve is from pure blooded wizarding family. This discussion that you have started is a very lengthy matter which has probably been discussed in the magical year for ages.

Also, I would recommend a change of the topic. 'FRUSTRATION WITH DUMBLEDORE' doesn't exactly sum up our discussion. Might want to change it to 'Questions' or 'Matters of Discussion' etc. but please change the name.
Originally posted by twila

A muggle born magical couple cannot possibly make a pure blood family tree. That is, quite frankly, IMPOSSIBLE. The whole point of pure blood families is that each and every member of the fsmily since Adam and Eve is from pure blooded wizarding family. This discussion that you have started is a very lengthy matter which has probably been discussed in the magical year for ages.

Also, I would recommend a change of the topic. 'FRUSTRATION WITH DUMBLEDORE' doesn't exactly sum up our discussion. Might want to change it to 'Questions' or 'Matters of Discussion' etc. but please change the name.

Sure thing ðŸ˜Š
agree with u, my friend twila! hen i 1st saw this topic, i was getting a 'why did dumly lie to harry?'
vibe...

change of name is crucial.