Do all INDIANS use the KAMA SUTRA?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
I have always wondered about this.  Do INDIANS like the KAMA SUTRA techniques?  This might be a bold question (😉), but I want to see what your thoughts are!   As a general definition and wikipedia, "Contrary to popular perception, especially in the western world, Kama sutra is not just an exclusive sex manual; it presents itself as a guide to a virtuous and gracious living that discusses the nature of love, family life and other aspects pertaining to pleasure oriented faculties of human life.[4][5]"

Why is this such a taboo subject?

File:Mukteswar temple.jpg
Originally posted by LoveProfusion

The statues look odd to me.

The leg which is behind the woman is facing the wall and not the man. Is this his leg or there is someone else there as well.

If it is his leg then it seems to be longer than his right leg (on which he is standing). I say this because it is going around the woman and still close to his right leg. Now if you take out this woman and straighten his leg then it will definitely be longer than right one.

Therefore the possibility is that this is leg of another person and therefore facing the wall.

Ok what was the topic? lol. none of my business.

Edit:

After investigating this further, I have come to following conclusions
1) The leg is in right position. As after going around the woman it is not possible for anterior side to face the man.
2) The foot is not in axis with the leg. The dorsal foot is not in line with anterior of leg.
3) I stand by my observation on length.
Edited by King-Anu - 9 years ago
^ 🤣

I dont know about Kama Sutra...why is it a taboo? Because, anything related to sex is taboo... 😆
Originally posted by LoveProfusion

I have always wondered about this.  Do INDIANS like the KAMA SUTRA techniques?  This might be a bold question (😉), but I want to see what your thoughts are!   As a general definition and wikipedia, "Contrary to popular perception, especially in the western world, Kama sutra is not just an exclusive sex manual; it presents itself as a guide to a virtuous and gracious living that discusses the nature of love, family life and other aspects pertaining to pleasure oriented faculties of human life.[4][5]"

Why is this such a taboo subject?

The Holy Books teaches you to love - and the Kamasutra explains how!!! ðŸ˜ƒ...But Whenever I read the karma sutra, it puts me in an awkward position.😕
Originally posted by King-Anu

The leg which is behind the woman is facing the wall and not the man. Is this his leg or there is someone else there as well.

If it is his leg then it seems to be longer than his right leg (on which he is standing). I say this because it is going around the woman and still close to his right leg. Now if you take out this woman and straighten his leg then it will definitely be longer than right one.

Therefore the possibility is that this is leg of another person and therefore facing the wall.

Ok what was the topic? lol. none of my business.

Edit:

After investigating this further, I have come to following conclusions
1) The leg is in right position. As after going around the woman it is not possible for anterior side to face the man.
2) The foot is not in axis with the leg. The dorsal foot is not in line with anterior of leg.
3) I stand by my observation on length.
LOL K. Anu. Dont the skin and elbows look funny too 😆 Its to be taken like the urdu poetry you quote --- not very literally but figuratively 😛
Originally posted by zorrro

LOL K. Anu. Dont the skin and elbows look funny too 😆 Its to be taken like the urdu poetry you quote --- not very literally but figuratively 😛

I beg to differ. Whatever I have understood this Kama Sutra/Statues are part of a manual which guides you about a certain act among two individuals and provides variations in that action. It has to be taken literally to execute that action.

Urdu poetry or any poetry is not literal and open to imagination and interpretation. The poet did not provide explanation to what he or she said.
Wouldnt that be a stereotype ? ðŸ˜›