•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Well guys TBP is well and truly over and I share your sadness about that. But I've also seen some of the OS' that you guys come up with and I feel there is a lot of writing talent out here. Hence wanted to share this announcement on this forum as well - AM RESTARTING MY SCREEN WRITING WORKSHOPS.

THE WRITE STUFF (A Screenwriting Workshop)

EXT. BARON HOTEL - NIGHT

The swanky Baron hotel glows resplendently in its aura of wealth and luxury. Camera tilts to the rooftop.

Aditya v/o

The roof of the Baron Hotel is 500 feet above the ground. Which means at an acceleration of 9.8 metres per second squared it would take my body 31 seconds to be splattered on the sidewalk.

EXT. BARON HOTEL - NIGHT

Shot from the rooftop of Aditya falling

Aditya v/o

Which is way too little time for me to tell you how I landed in this situation, so let's just take a cinematic liberty

Aditya comes to a sudden halt - the frame is frozen. Close up of his face.

Aditya v/o

Ab kahan se shuru karoon?

Hopefully by this time you're on the edge of your seat wondering who the hell Aditya is, why has he been tossed off/jumped off the roof of a hotel and will he or won't he finish his story before becoming chutney on the concrete.

And that's where the craft of being a storyteller comes in - at telling a story well enough to have the audience sobbing or laughing or cowering under the chair, or chomping the nails on the edge of their seats...

And that's the aim of this series of weekend workshops - from coming with ideas to getting to the core of a character to figuring out your story to how to make your screenplay so riveting that you have your audience on the edge of your seat even when they're only reading not even watching.

Conducted by Anand Sivakumaran (writer - films like Kalyug, TV shows like The Buddy Project, Miley Jab Hum Tum, Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin, director - Money Devo Bhava and author - The C Word) and supported by Pyxis Pictures (producers of Amit Sahni ki List - Vir Das, Kavi Shastri), these workshops won't just open your mind to the craft and techniques but guarantee you continued mentorship over the journey of writing your complete screenplays.

The workshop includes the opportunity to write short films, teaser-trailors, come up with film and show ideas and for those who show the calibre actually write TV shows and feature films even.

If holding global audiences in your thrall by the sheer power of your story is what you aspire for then mail us at [email protected]

Edited by Andyloki - 9 years ago
Whoaa!!
This is like a life tym opportunity for me!!!
I m definitely in!!
My seriously I will definaltely try but I m not sure I m that good