Debate Mansion

MODs Vs MEMBERs

Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi guys,

I don't know this topic will survive or will be closed. There are many mods here, Channel as well as Global and normal ones too. There are many members here. Some may be happy with mods few may not.  

So, few questions

1) Are mods always right?

2) What should we do if we are having problem with a mod?

3) Should there be a complain box directly reaching to vijay bhai or vidya ji.(any other suggestion )

4) When usually mods go wrong (is it partiality)

I feel mods are not always correct, same as your boss who is not always correct. I have seen few members they have left this forum coz of this issue. Lekin, its there personal decision. I too agree this is not a se serious issue like politics to have a complain box lekin some things should need to be cleared out if any confusion. Regading mods going wrong.. after all human so might go wrong.

I want your opinions on mods and plz no negative talking abt any specific mods (wait till complain box).

I know every one enjoys there mods company and seek help from them no one will have any sort of problem lekin as I vist many threads I see people get depress if there topic is closed without being given any valid reason. So you can tell abt that or any other issue but be true to urself....

How much responsibility does a mod should have??

P.S: I don't have any thing against any mods.... I know few, all are helpful esp the great Bhaskar Bhai.    

Edited by guess_gallery - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MNMS thumbnail
dear dear.. there is only one mod left at DM....that is sowmyaa di.. as both the mods Aparna di and Javs left IF due to some personal reasons... why are u now being tough at Sowmyaa di ๐Ÿ˜‰

TOPIC lock issue.. hmm... for one thing i have seen.... if there is a "Repeat topic"(mods always give the link... they search for the similar topic and post the link... a thing which i believe members should do b4 starting a topic) or hostile ones which sort of breach the code of conduct or rules of DM/IF.. only then it is locked... and i have seen.. proper reason is given each time when a topic is locked.. so .. don't get dishearted ๐Ÿ˜Š u can debate on many other topics as well ๐Ÿ˜Š as there are many thought provoking and interesting topics at DM ๐Ÿ˜Š
Too_Much thumbnail
dear i am not talking abt any perticular section as u mentioned DM mods.. i am talking globally.
regarding abt ur sowmya di ...i have not interacted or bumped into her to be tough ๐Ÿ˜† . ๐Ÿ˜† .. so take a chill pill its for common discussion...not abt any perticular section
insouciance thumbnail
Dont kill me,please....Please Dont kill me anyone...But this I think should be made a global sticky..I'm sure everyone(even those who dont visit DM) would have something to say,and perhaps something to learn as to why certain things are done a certain way ๐Ÿ˜Š .....

Too_Much thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: abhijit shukla

Gentlemen behave and others have to. We need Mods because some of us are not disciplined enough. They are doing the best they can. And if they are wrong, they are wrong. No body is perfect. We should learn to get over it. Life is not a CocaCola commercial.

yes i agree .they have to over come it.......thats why i also said any one might be  wrong no one is perfect..

Too_Much thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Buffie

Dont kill me,please....Please Dont kill me anyone...But this I think should be made a global sticky..I'm sure everyone(even those who dont visit DM) would have something to say,and perhaps something to learn as to why certain things are done a certain way ๐Ÿ˜Š .....

broad minded๐Ÿ˜Š.. i like it....coz we are not insulting or making mods upset just trying to clear if any member is having any misunderstanding ...with any mods..... and reason for misunderstanding๐Ÿ˜Š

teenindia_usa thumbnail

ummmm, will have to think on issue more!

Right now many issues on mind!

in sa re, KS, etc..issues there on mods and members..also modsbecome pals and sometimes that overshadows judgement.

Some rules not soclear

Edited by teenindia_usa - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: guess_gallery

Not necessarily..but again,its all in the perspective...Something which I might feel is unfair may be fair to any other people...It always takes time for the mistakes to dawn on us,something which I can say from experience๐Ÿ˜ณ...People usually speak many words at the spur of the moment....At that moment,all one harbours is indignation and ire .....Mods are not invariably right,sometimes they do use their discretionary powers,which may pique many...But,i guess its all done in the general interests of all

Pm the mod.....try to reason out...Is there anything else than can be done.....๐Ÿ˜•

3) Should there be a complain box directly reaching to vijay bhai or vidya ji.(any other suggestion )

There should be,and it should be an anonymous complain box..,so that the identity is safeguarded..Many members may not be voicing their opinions due to shyness or fear of some sort.....There must be a complain box,where every member can shout out their complains,and their identity should be unknown,so that everyone can share their views...Or,perhaps identity should be made optional..Like what we do in my classes..we students judge the faculty members,and we are strictly ordered NOT to write our names anywhere๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

I feel mods are not always correct, same as your boss who is not always correct. I have seen few members they have left this forum coz of this issue. Lekin, its there personal decision. I too agree this is not a se serious issue like politics to have a complain box lekin some things should need to be cleared out if any confusion. Regading mods going wrong.. after all human so might go wrong.

Mods are human too,and its human to make mistakes....but i think the members must be as caring as the mods..I made a terrible mistake offlate,and Aparna ji  and soumi were so caring,I infact never wanted to post again,but She told me something which was so nice...๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜Š..Mods do care,and I guess even we must be as caring as they are towards us...The least that we can do is not badmouth the mods๐Ÿ˜Š

I know every one enjoys there mods company and seek help from them no one will have any sort of problem lekin as I vist many threads I see people get depress if there topic is closed without being given any valid reason.

That happens,and it differs from mod to mod....Certain mods/viewbies are a tad more lenient  than certain others,sometimes some mods play to the gallery(and dont we love those like hell๐Ÿ˜†).....I feel there must be some kind of bifurcation..A mediator between the mods and the members,that would solve many of the predicaments....

unrestrained freedom is always perilous......Its always hard to please everyone,what must be done is what is best for the situation...Mods do have alot of freedom,but with greater freedom comes greater responsibility.......

P.S: I don't have any thing against any mods.... I know few, all are helpful esp the great Bhaskar Bhai.    

sowmyaa thumbnail
Hi guys,
      I don't know this topic will survive or will be closed. There are many mods here, Channel as well as Global and normal ones too. There are many members here. Some may be happy with mods few may not.
So, few questions

No. Mods can be wrong too. As others said they are also humans and likely to create error. Just like judges can go wrong during verdict sometimes, Mods are not "always" right.

If you have problem with any Moderator, you can PM a Channel Moderator, Global Moderator or Admin. (sree or vijay). When I was regular member I used to PM Global Mod and they used to be very fair. I also remember people requesting to Mods while complaining about not to giving out their names to anyone and Mods are pretty good about it.

It is a good idea. But considering how busy they are it would be hard for them to look at every PM sent. That's the reason we have couple Global Moderators who can help you right away when Admins are busy with technical and other work.

Members leave for their personal reason. If member does not behave they are given out many warnings including conversation through PMs before increasing their warning level. Once they reach 100 they are banned, but no one is forced to leave forum unless they reach 100% of their warning level. However, some people get offended and take things too personally and leave forum. That is their personal decision. If there is any complain or confussion it is better be resolved through PMs. I myself have had difference of opinion many times and I think talking out through PM is best way.

I want your opinions on mods and plz no negative talking abt any specific mods (wait till complain box).
I know every one enjoys there mods company and seek help from them no one will have any sort of problem lekin as I vist many threads I see people get depress if there topic is closed without being given any valid reason. So you can tell abt that or any other issue but be true to urself....

As Buffie said, it depends upon individual Mod. I think usually we all try to close topic after leaving some note or explanation. Sometimes, due to time constraint or if similar topics are repeated in that section all the time there is no reason to leave notes. Like in Jassi section some threads are repeated so many times that if I close the thread without explanation members would know why this thread is closed. So it depends upon individual mod and situation.

Main moderator goal is to make sure that forum is clean (spamming, repetitive threads, offensive post to other members or any other actor/actress etc). Other than that there are many other responsibilities that I don't think is necessary to post here.

As far as DM is concerned, I have seen lot of members try to "impose" their thoughts on others. Like, debate and discussion is healthy and good, but I personally think after some time of it goes on it suggest that you are trying to impose on your opponent that you are right and their thought is wrong. Which I think leads to frustration at the end.
insouciance thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Iron

ABijeet & Buffie, I can see a point in Guess Gallary. We interact in other thread where we have seen in past 8=10 months lots of arguement betwwen mods and members.
Mostly all of us (Will not say all as there are always some bad elements in each section of forum) try to abide by rules, yet new things and rules etc were introduced, Arguments or deabtes were forced to be banned and lot of confusion. In DM things are quiet so you are unaware of those happenins. Mods do try to bring peace and if we all behave, Mods can also relax, but they also have been unreasonable in some parts in the past. Yes PM etc does not always work.
Personally I have tried to be neutral and have wonderful relations with some of the Mods and lots of members. But I have seen some debates where Mods interference to close topic was not required.
So even I think, this should be global sticy as the members from sections which feel overpacked by Mods can have a say

well,you wouldnt believe it,but currently I'm arguing with 2 mods over something....๐Ÿ˜†...sometimes,we DO feel that we are unfairly warned/advised....But,again,there are two sides to the coin.....I  mean ,perhaps........Perhaps one might be wrong...and the liklihood that the mods might be a bit unreasonable is also great....๐Ÿ˜Š

Its hard to please everyone,certain people are just too sensitive,and they take offence to very frivolous things which are just meant for a few laughs....I for one have felt that certain rules were uncalled for,certain people are invariably scapegoated....But,mods do what is best suited for the forum,sometimes it may displease many,people might feel that they are being unreasonably treated......So,its something that is never ending...