•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
She was 12 years old when she was made aware of what  being a woman meant. She had a beautiful posture. Straight back,  a bounce in her step, eyes looking ahead confidently and a smile lurking around her lips, barley waiting for an invitation, before it burst forth lighting up her visage.
She was a blossoming child, on the threshold of womanhood.
It was late afternoon and she was waking along the road towards her home, lost in her own world, reminiscing about her day, when suddenly out of nowhere, a man came racing towards her on a bike. He grabbed her tender budding breast and passed a very crude comment about her blossoming buds. She pulled herself away and ran home, heart pounding, tears streaming down her face. She went to her mother, hugged her and cried endlessly. Her mother went shopping and for the first time bought her a bra.

'Why mamma? Why must I be bound?'
'Coz you are growing up child.'

'Why mamma must I grow up?'
'So that one day you can nourish your child at your breast and teach him to respect the breast that has nurtured him.'
I salute her momma. At times like these when a incident can scar someone for lifetime it's only a mother that can pull the child out of it. The last line said it all.
Enough said about the cruelty women and children face these days. Enough debated about the dearth sentences and castration. While I've opinions about them this story isn't the place for that discussion. 
It's about the other side of the coin. it's about protecting our children. Nurturing their innocence. Thanks for this story 
Originally posted by Veil

I salute her momma. At times like these when a incident can scar someone for lifetime it's only a mother that can pull the child out of it. The last line said it all.
Enough said about the cruelty women and children face these days. Enough debated about the dearth sentences and castration. While I've opinions about them this story isn't the place for that discussion. 
It's about the other side of the coin. it's about protecting our children. Nurturing their innocence. Thanks for this story 
Thanks Veil for that beautiful comment.
You are my first ever comment.
You understood exactly what it was that I was trying to portray.
These things happen to us on a daily basis and we keep them sealed within ourselves, killing a small part of us each time. A darkness takes over that dead part.
But a mother's love is a candle that can light that darkness and bring it back to life.

Hey there, wonderful little story. What a great message. It's such a shame such things like this actually happen. And when it does its support such as the one depicted here that can help one through the darkness. Very lovely write up! 
Originally posted by -daya-

Hey there, wonderful little story. What a great message. It's such a shame such things like this actually happen. And when it does its support such as the one depicted here that can help one through the darkness. Very lovely write up! 
Hey  daya thanks for that comment.
It is something that most women have gone through one form or the other and the torture starts pretty early.
But then you need just one person when it happens for the first time to point out that it's not your fault and that you need not feel guilty over it.
The worst damage is to our self esteem and a few sensitive words spoken in the situation go a long way in rebuilding that very same self esteem.

Originally posted by Manjir

Hey  daya thanks for that comment.
It is something that most women have gone through one form or the other and the torture starts pretty early.
But then you need just one person when it happens for the first time to point out that it's not your fault and that you need not feel guilty over it.
The worst damage is to our self esteem and a few sensitive words spoken in the situation go a long way in rebuilding that very same self esteem.

I completely agree. Victims often blame themselves...trying to ponder what they could've done differently. But its really not their fault
Originally posted by -daya-

I completely agree. Victims often blame themselves...trying to ponder what they could've done differently. But its really not their fault
@ Bold
And that is the crux of the problem.
We let ourselves be victimized.
We take on the "I am an victim" mentality"

Somebody needs to teach the boys...especially from a young age on how to respect women. Essentially from the first time, a boy starts understanding the difference between the sexes.
And that the stupid phrase, 'Boys will be Boys' which literally applies to young men just entering puberty, to frustrated middle aged men, to disgusting older men... does not give them the right to treat us like toys.
Ok, I think I will stop this tirade right here.😛
This is a subject that gets my blood boiling and once I start on this subject I can argue and rant for hours😆

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

that is called awesome writing
such a deep issue dealt so simply and powerfully

very short narrative but the message was so deep
a mother empowering her child to face the challenges of life with a right frame of mind

blame game does not result into anything
but an empowered girl like this ( due to the wisdom and love of her mother ) will live her life with full dignity and can be a source of inspiration for others

awesome
salute to her mother
what a way to teach a girl how to look at such things
👏👏👏👏👏