Gitz thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

❓Hi I was just wondering that some parents say no to relationships because there is a big difference between the boy and girl but is 10 years too much. I mean it's not like the woman/man are old enough to be each others parents because then it's understandable that parents say no.

I actually know people with that amount between them and they have perfectly successful marriages and have happy children so what do you guys think is 10 years too much?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nish1 thumbnail
I guess age shouldn't matter more.  Not in my family I don't know how to explain so lets take it as in my family there is one couple who has 10 yrs difference between eachother too. And guess what that aunty is i think 10 yrs older than the uncle not sure about that but i know they have 10 yrs difference between them. And they are really happy married. They have two twins daughter who just turned 16 last year. So yes they are really happy married and age difference doesn't bother.

Then there is my other friend who is in her 30s married someone who is  25 or 26. This one i am sure that she is older then him, and they are still happy. Yes sometime they do get mad at each other bez he sometime wants to hang out with his guys so but still nice couple. U know I  think fights creat more love between couples πŸ˜‰ yeah but as long as it doesn't cross it's limit.

So i would say as long as u have love, understanding, trust and respect in ur relationship then this age difference won't matter. πŸ˜‰

Nisha
*Meg_d* thumbnail

Hi,

I gusse when it comes to falling in love age never matters, but sometimes parents are right, for example if a person is 16 and it gets married to someone whose 30 by the time the 16 year old gets to its mid age and wants to enjoy life tht person cant, Why? well because he has to take care of the 30 year old who they got married to as he/she has now turned to an old age of 50-60 years maybe. But some couples are quite different for them nothing in life matters except love, but sometimes it can lead to a bad future!!!!

Miss_QueTee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with nish1 and Megha_Desai
usachick821 thumbnail

my parents are 10 yrs apart...if u think about it..when he was in college she was in 5th grade (i.e. my dad was 20, and my mom was 10)

if u look at the example i gave u yes it does seem very strange, but now they are the happiest couple i know...and they wouldnt change their age for anything in the world (except for my mom maybe...hu refuses to look in a mirror because she is horrified of her wrinkles!!πŸ˜†)

so it shouldnt matter what age difference there is, as long as you are happy!

PS - they are celebrating they're 21st anniversary of marraige. My mom is currently 37 and my dad 47!)

kaki35 thumbnail
i think that all of u are right my moms parents also are like 10 years apart so i don think that age matter as long as u understand each other and can respect each other😊
Gitz thumbnail

Thanks for your posts guys I really appriciate them and yes to be honest with you I don't think age really matters for me I need respect and understanding and as long as we can be friends I don't care what age he is ThanksπŸ˜‰.

P.S keep posting your views