IPL 7 1st Qualifier: Rain Threat on KKR-KXIP game in Kolkata

Posted: 9 years ago

IPL 7 1st Qualifier: Rain Threat Looms Large on Kolkata Knight Riders-Kings XI Punjab game in Kolkata

The first IPL 2014 qualifier between Kolkata Knight Riders and Kings XI Punjab has a reserve day on Wednesday, if the tie is washed out on Tuesday.
Kolkata:  With heavy downpour since Sunday, there's a cloud of uncertainty over Indian Premier League 2014's first qualifier between Kolkata Knight Riders and Kings XI Punjab at the Eden Gardens on Tuesday.

Both the teams had to skip their match-eve practice on Monday as the ground remained under cover, thanks to unrelenting rainfall since Sunday afternoon because of a low pressure formation over the Bay of Bengal.

The Indian Meteorological Department has predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall in its bulletin for the next two days and there are also fears of a washout.

There's provision of minimum five overs a side but in case of an abandonment the IPL has the provision of a reserve day on May 28.

However, it will be advantage Kings XI Punjab if both the days are washed out as per the rule 21.10 (b) of the IPL Playing Conditions, the team with a better run-rate in the league stage will progress into the final.

Hopefully we get some cricket...
I stay in calcutta and yes it has been raining for the last 3 days here but at the moment the rain has stopped so we can expect a nice match but even so, the sun isn't out and there are chances of more rain so *fingers crossed*
Oh gosh I want them to play today only
n its the rain who has had the last laugh..
match postponed for tomorrow..!(Wednesday).

So whom u supporting @BlueEyes
Its Manjari! 
and I'm supporting KXIP! 

I know Im from Kolkata but well, I Love the Punjab team and I hate SRK! I have been anti-kkr since season 2 of IPL! 
Tanx for the info 😃
Punjab 👏
Hope the match takes place today

IPL 2014, Qualifier: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab Postponed by a day due to Rain

Unrelenting rain in Kolkata forced the first qualifier between Kolkata Knight Riders and Kings XI Punjab to be pushed to the reserve day - Wednesday.

Kolkata:  Incessant rain in Kolkata on Tuesday forced the first Indian Premier League 2014 qualifier match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Kings XI Punjab to be postponed to Wednesday - the reserve day. The match will be played at 1600 hrs IST while the eliminator between Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians will take place at 2000 hrs IST at Brabourne. 

With heavy downpour since Sunday, the ground at the Eden Gardens here was kept under cover constantly. The low-pressure formation over the Bay of Bengal resulted in unrelenting rain. In fact, the Indian Meteorological Department has predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall in its bulletin for the next two days and there are also fears of a washout.

In case of a washout, Kings XI Punjab will have the advantage as as per the rule 21.10 (b) of the IPL Playing Conditions, the team with a better run-rate in the league stage will progress into the final.